Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Swatchick wrote:

I have seen kids ejected from vehicles on the highway and sometimes they get run over by another vehicle. You hear it or see it on the news often and in the majority of the cases they are Hispanic.

That is horrible Swatchick, you have really brought home to me how bad it is where you are. It is definitely an epidemic!!!

Actually, believe it or not, here in Florida it is NOT illegal to ride in the back of a pick up truck kid or not. Of course if they are inside the vehicle they have to be belted in. Makes absolutely no sense, but it is the truth.

I have a friend that almost died flying out of the back of a pick-up truck. He was an athletic adult and he had to go to rehab for mental and physical therapy. Lucky to be alive. I don't think a kid could have survived what he went through.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dlm1968: according to 316.2015 under State Traffic Laws in the 2007 Florida Law Enforcement Handbook there is a section that states that on some roads it is illegal for children under 18 to ride in the back of a pickup truck unless it has seats and seat belts or it lis a medical emergency and there is an adult in the vehicle. But guess what there is a way around it and many police officers use it. You can use State Law 316.613 which is the Child Restraint Requirements and/or 316.614 Safety Belt Usage depending on the age of the children. Those laws say that a truck is only exempt if it weighs more than 5,000 lbs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12