Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    There are millions of illegal invaders in this country and very few are like Oscar Vazquez. If we were to make decisions based upon emotion or feelings, then Oscar Vazquez could possibly receive his Visa and eventually citizenship. I even feel for the guy and if it were just about Oscar Vazquez, I might consider his arguments.

Unfortunately, Oscar Vazquez is the exception to this issue in which the open border crowd loves to show off and flaunt as the norm. The more likely benefit of the DREAM ACT and other amnesty based rewards, are thousands of gang bangers who attended two months of continuation school or a semester at his local JC. It's the pregnant teen that dropped out of high school ,but then went back to get her GED so she could gain citizenship under the DREAM ACT.

In fact, the Act would probably be written to include any illegal that has had some sort of formal education in this country. These undesirables then would be allowed to bring in untold numbers of family members through chain migration.

If this issue were just about Oscar Vazquez, the debate might be different. But it's not and the open borders crowd will never tell you that.
    I disagree to some extent. If he were allowed back because he tdid it the right way, it would show exactly why the DREAM ACT is not needed. It can be decided on a case by case basis and those who deserve to be here will be allowed to be here.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    There are millions of illegal invaders in this country and very few are like Oscar Vazquez. If we were to make decisions based upon emotion or feelings, then Oscar Vazquez could possibly receive his Visa and eventually citizenship. I even feel for the guy and if it were just about Oscar Vazquez, I might consider his arguments.

Unfortunately, Oscar Vazquez is the exception to this issue in which the open border crowd loves to show off and flaunt as the norm. The more likely benefit of the DREAM ACT and other amnesty based rewards, are thousands of gang bangers who attended two months of continuation school or a semester at his local JC. It's the pregnant teen that dropped out of high school ,but then went back to get her GED so she could gain citizenship under the DREAM ACT.

In fact, the Act would probably be written to include any illegal that has had some sort of formal education in this country. These undesirables then would be allowed to bring in untold numbers of family members through chain migration.

If this issue were just about Oscar Vazquez, the debate might be different. But it's not and the open borders crowd will never tell you that.
    I disagree to some extent. If he were allowed back because he tdid it the right way, it would show exactly why the DREAM ACT is not needed. It can be decided on a case by case basis and those who deserve to be here will be allowed to be here.
    I do not disagree with anything you've said cayla. Allowing this guy back into the country based upon merit and the rule of law, is of course a sound argument as to why the DREAM ACT is not needed. Every case should be decided on it's own merits and not as part of some larger blanket amnesty or Act desgined to reward a group of individuals who broke the law.

My overall point is the open border and amnesty zealots will use Oscar Vazquez as their poster child as to why the DREAM ACT is needed, in which the majority of reasonable people will agree is disingenuous and a horrible way to justify policy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I do not disagree with anything you've said cayla. Allowing this guy back into the country based upon merit and the rule of law, is of course a sound argument as to why the DREAM ACT is not needed. Every case should be decided on it's own merits and not as part of some larger blanket amnesty or Act desgined to reward a group of individuals who broke the law.

My overall point is the open border and amnesty zealots will use Oscar Vazquez as their poster child as to why the DREAM ACT is needed, in which the majority of reasonable people will agree is disingenuous and a horrible way to justify policy.
    But they can only SUCCESSFULLY use him IF he is not allowed in. If they let him come back, then their argument is dead because the system worked WITHOUT amnesty or a DREAM ACT.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But they can only SUCCESSFULLY use him IF he is not allowed in. If they let him come back, then their argument is dead because the system worked WITHOUT amnesty or a DREAM ACT.
    I get that. The system works now in respect to these people, so long as they follow the law. The guy left the country as required and is getting the opportunity to file an application to re-enter.

Also, Under the law, because Vazquez illegally remained in the country for so long after his 18th birthday, he is barred from the U.S. for 10 years. Unless his wife can demonstrate undo hardship by not allowing him to return, he will not be back for ten years. Based upon what I know, he's not likely going to be able to meet this burden.

Whether he ultimately is granted a visa is irrelevant to the matter. He doesn't have to be allowed to return in order to argue the DREAM ACT is not needed. His actions right now prove the DREAM ACT is not needed!

So your position seems to be let the guy in order to demonstrate why the DREAM ACT is not needed. Doesn't this set a dangerous precedent, if in fact it could be done anyway.

Where do you draw the line here? Do you let in all college graduates who self deport then want to come back into the country? If you don't the same people will still argue the DREAM ACT is needed. These people don't want to do things the legal way; they want an exception made on their behalf.

Let him in because he would be good for this country, just as you would anyone else applying to enter the country, if in fact that's the case. Then make the argument the DREAM ACT is not needed if you like. But do not let him in just to prove the DREAM ACT is not needed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow--while I'm kind of happy to hear that this man is taking an initiative and following the law by going back to try to come as a legal citizin, it also strikes me as a publicity ploy. We are in a bad economy, and he's living in Arizona where the new law is going to take effect. To me, this seems like a fast, easy way to get his name out there so that the population cries out for his permission to be legalized. Next, there'll be a reality show following his exploits in Mexico or something, another tool for the dems to pass Immigration Reform.

At least, that's how I see it.

Also, how did he even GET into college, or get scholarships to begin with? I thought you had to prove legal status to get that kind of compensation!

I worry if they let him return to the USA it will set a presidence the Dreamers will use against us to be granted Amnesty.

I do not feel sorry for this guy at all.He has a degree in engineering and will do well no matter what country he lives in.

Yes he did fess up but as he says he is surprised he was not allowed to return before now.This says to me that was his plan all along.He mentions someone else (a woman) was allowed to return so why not him.

Like NoBueno says if this was just about Vazqeuz I might agree but this is about so much more and I oppose giving Amnesty to the Dreamers who can then get their Illegal parents green cards plus all their sister,brothers,aunts,uncles etc..

Give them an inch and they will demand a mile !!!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

"As it sits right now, I can go anywhere in the world except the United States," he said.
    I dont believe thats true. Every country has a different set of rules when it comes to migration. This young man also got into a college that shouldnt have let him attend because he is illegal. So he should consider himself lucky, take his degree, and go live "anywhere in the world" he wants to if he doesnt want to wait it out.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12