Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'Attempted hit' put on Ramos family

'Thank God no one turned on a light! Monica and her 3 boys would be gone!'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: January 14, 2009
    9:27 pm Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

Monica Ramos embraces her husband, former U.S. Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos, two days before he was sentenced to 11 years in prison (Courtesy El Paso Times)

The family of imprisoned Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos was the victim of an attempted hit on their lives this month, as the agent's wife says someone broke into their home and filled it with gas, trashing photographs and pummeling their dog.

Just weeks after Monica Ramos spoke with WND about the difficulty of enduring Christmas without her husband, her family returned from visiting Ignacio in prison on Jan 3. While she was away, burglars stole DVDS, a BB gun and cell phone and slashed her couch with a knife.

They even beat her dog and ripped cherished wedding pictures and family photos of their life with Ignacio off the walls, smashing them on the ground.

Time is running out to help! Send a FedEx letter to the president asking him to help Ramos and Compean.

But the vandalism wasn't the worst part, Monica revealed in a Jan. 12 BlogTalkRadio interview.

"It wasn't so much that stuff was burglarized or that they actually took much," she said. "What was really hard was that when we got here, the gas was turned on. It was very intentional in that somebody was trying to hurt us."

Her son opened the front door and discovered the strong odor.

"Right away he alerted me," she said. "He started yelling, 'Mom, don't walk in. Don't bring my brothers.' He said, 'The gas is on!' He ran in and started turning everything off."

Her father, Joe Loya, wrote on his blog, "Thank God no one turned on a light! Monica and her three boys would be gone!"

Monica said she believes the gas was left on for two days.

Her 11-year-old son walked into their home and started crying, 'Look at our house. Haven't they done enough?'

Then he said, "Why won't the president just let my dad come home? This wouldn't have happened."

Her older son has also faced troubling circumstances at school due to his father's imprisonment.

Three months ago, his high school hosted a career day. Border Patrol agents spoke with students about the field.

Monica said one Border Patrol agent stood in front of the student body and said, "I know many of you may have heard about this Ramos-Compean case, and we just want you to know that we got rid of two bad apples. You know, not all agents are rogue agents. They're not out to break the laws."

"I thought, 'Oh my God. Is this propaganda?' Monica said. "This is what you are using as your hiring technique? Did they not ever think that my son was going to be part of that student body? My son got a lot of heat at school."

She talked to the school and reported the incident to the Department of Homeland Security.

Meanwhile, Monica said visiting Ramos has become very difficult for her family.

"My husband, the deplorable conditions that he's in, it's unheard of," she said in the interview. "When I go in and I see him, I try to keep him in the highest spirits I can possibly keep him in. It is difficult for him."

She said Ignacio is in segregation for 23 hours every day, and he's not allowed out of his cell on weekends.

"I'm surprised that my husband hasn't accidentally ended up on death row with the way he's being treated in prison," Ramos said. "He doesn't even go by a name any more. He is literally 58079180. He's a number in the system. It is awful."

When Monica and her children enter the Phoenix prison, they are extensively searched for weapons and drugs. The family is not allowed to touch Ignacio for more than one second because guards worry that visitors may be giving him contraband.

"I mean, are we for real? He's in there because he was stopping a drug smuggler," she said. "And yet my kids have to go through an extensive search when we see him. ... We're not able to have any physical contact with him while we're there. "

Monica said Ignacio is enjoying the letters he receives from supporters – especially encouraging ones.

Ramos' attorney, David Botsworth, told WND www.supremecourtus.gov/docket/08-755.htm]a petition for writ of certiorari[/url] was filed with the U.S. Supreme Court and docketed on Dec. 11. Response was due by Jan. 12, but that date has been extended to Feb. 11.

Despite the family's troubles, they remain hopeful that Bush may still show mercy and pardon Ignacio and Jose Compean before Jan. 20.

"Whatever this week holds for us," she said, "I just want everybody to know that we genuinely appreciate from the bottom of our hearts everything that everybody has done and continues to do."

There's still time to help! Send a FedEx letter to the president asking him to help Ramos and Compean.

And sign WND's petition urging President Bush to free U.S. Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean.

www.worldnetdaily.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

By who, the Feds, to shut them up and make them go away?
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Again,where is LaRaza,MALDEF,ACLU etc,why are they not screaming Hate Crime ? We know the answer,it does not fit into their agenda, which has nothing to do with the truth !!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

MW
    It doesn't sound like there is any evidence to link the home invasion to a hit attempt or the Ramos situation. This could have been a random home invasion. We may never know for sure why that specific house was chosen for the burglary.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Lets not beat around the bush here. These poor people have been called "race traitors" by the NCLR crowd. This was intentional and this family has been threw hell as is. They need our full support.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    It doesn't sound like there is any evidence to link the home invasion to a hit attempt or the Ramos situation. This could have been a random home invasion. We may never know for sure why that specific house was chosen for the burglary.
    if its random, why was the gas turned on then???
    this was intentional.

La Raza's Goons are probably behind it! They only want to support one group of people but when one of them really needs their help its like piss off! They call us evil racists yet were more diverse than them and were the first ones to help and will continue!! Sit on your evil butts LaRaza and watch as your so called racist opposition fights for this Latino family that you couldn't imagine doing since your goal is to only cater and demand from the American people to accept and take care of your lawbreaker Illegals you work so hard to protect!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

They actually broke the gas pipes, she said they must have been leaking for at least 2 days. I would say this was attempted murder.

Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    By who, the Feds, to shut them up and make them go away?
    Probably you are right.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast