Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Attorney General's Comments on DREAMer Deportations, Calls for RAC Act As Solution

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Attorney General's Comments on DREAMer Deportations, Calls for RAC Act As Solution

Attorney General's Comments on DREAMer Deportations, Calls for RAC Act As Solution

Miami, Florida, April 19, 2017 |

Representative Carlos Curbelo (FL-26) issued the following statement responding to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ comments regarding the potential future deportations of DACA recipients:

"Mr. Sessions’ comments directly contradict the President’s previous statements promising to treat our DREAMers compassionately. This is a reminder why DACA is not enough and Congress must take action to provide a fair and permanent solution for DREAMers. These young people are contributing to our communities and our economy, and they should not have to live in constant fear. My legislation, the Recognizing America’s Children Act, would provide a pathway permanent legal status through military service, work authorization, or higher education, and would give peace of mind to hundreds of thousands across the country.

"I urge all my colleagues who want to help these young people and advance responsible immigration policy to join us and co-sponsor the RAC Act. Politicians need to stop using these young people, whose lives and futures are on the line, as pawns in the political process. I urge all Americans who have it in their hearts to do something for these young people to call your representatives and tell them we need to act together and now.

"To learn more about the RAC Act, please click here. In addition to Curbelo, the legislation currently has the support of 15 Members of Congress.

http://curbelo.house.gov/news/docume...ocumentID=1439
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 04-27-2017 at 02:32 PM. Reason: DACA, Dreamers, R
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We don't want DACAs in our country stealing jobs, educations, breaking the law, committing crimes or breeding US citizens. Period. They must all be deported the same as any other illegal alien. There is nothing special about DACAs, despite the globalist open borders crowd trying to make them so. They simply are not. They are illegal aliens the same as an MS 13 Gang member under US immigration law.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Introduce Bill to Provide Legal Status to Undocumented Children and Young Adults

Washington, D.C., March 10, 2017

Representative Carlos Curbelo (FL-26) introduced his Recognizing America’s Children (RAC) Act, legislation that would provide a path to legal status for undocumented immigrants brought to the United States as children.

The bill provides immigrants that have been vetted by The Department of Homeland Security with three pathways toward legalization: higher education, service in the armed forces, or work authorization. Following a 5-year conditional status, these immigrants would be able to reapply for a 5-year permanent status.

Original co-sponsors of the RAC Act are Representatives Mike Coffman (CO-6), Jeff Denham (CA-19), Mario Diaz-Balart (FL-25), Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (FL-27), Mark Amodei (NV-2), Jenniffer González Colón (PR), Fred Upton (MI-6), David Reichert (WA-eight) and David G. Valadao (CA-21).

View a PDF of the bill here.

“Over the years many immigrant children have arrived in our country – brought by their parents who either illegally crossed one of our borders or overstayed their visas,” Curbelo said. “For most of these young people, the United States is the only country they have ever called home. They attended school with our own children, graduated high school and today they are seeking to serve in our military, pursue a college degree or certificate and contribute to our economy by working.

“These are America’s children, and that is why I’m proud to lead this group of representatives from all over the country to introduce legislation to simply recognize them as such and provide them an earned path to legal status,” added Curbelo. “I hope Republicans and Democrats in the House and Senate can get behind this legislation and that it can soon be sent to the President’s desk for his signature.”

"It's so important to recognize that young people who were brought here as children, who grew up here, went to school here, and who often know of no other country, be allowed to legally remain in the United States,” Coffman said. “Let's give them a chance to achieve the American Dream through work, education, or military service, and to help us together build a stronger America."

“We have many undocumented young adults in America who were brought here through no fault of their own and know no other country to call home,” said Denham. “If these young men and women are willing to serve in the military, pursue a degree or contribute to the economy, then I believe they should have the opportunity to do so.”

“This bill recognizes those who were brought here at a young age by their parents and are living in the shadows,” Diaz-Balart said. “I am proud to support legislation that will allow hardworking and selfless individuals who want to pursue higher education, serve in our military, and become part of America’s work force to do just that.”

"I'm proud to be joining Carlos on this endeavor that will bring us closer to ensuring that our Dreamers, who were brought to our nation through no fault of their own, and who are also the future of our great nation, can continue to positively contribute to our society,” said Ros-Lehtinen. “Throughout my years in Congress, I have been a staunch advocate to protect these young men and women because they are the lifeblood of many communities and are as American as anyone else. We should nurture their talents so our country can grow and be strengthened by their inclusion.”

“I’m sick of defending nothing as it pertains to congressional action on immigration,” Amodei said. “I’d rather be criticized for attempting to move an issue toward solution than criticized for repeated inaction. I believe this bill is a step in the right direction and I’m pleased to team up with Congressman Curbelo and my colleagues in the House to reform our broken immigration system.”

"I'm happy to support this legislation that does justice to thousands of qualified and vetted undocumented immigrants who entered our nation as children through no fault of their own," said González Colón.

“There is no doubt our immigration system is in desperate need of repair. And while it is important we reform our process and secure our borders, it is also critical that we treat those who came here through no fault of their own with compassion,” Valadao said. “This bill will provide legal status to those young people who choose to contribute to our society by pursing an education or serving in the armed forces, allowing them to stay in the United States, the only home they know.”

“For these young people, the United States is their home. They’ve been raised in our neighborhoods, attended our schools, and worked in our communities,” said Upton. “This legislation simply gives these kids, who have been carefully vetted by the Department of Homeland Security, the chance to earn legal status by pursuing higher education, serving in our armed forces, or entering the workforce. I’ve long-been supportive of common-sense, bipartisan reforms to our broken immigration system and hope to see this piece of legislation advance quickly.”

"Children who came to the U.S. by no fault of their own and grew up in our country should be permitted to pursue the American dream," Reichert said. "These individuals are our children's classmates, our neighbors, our friends, and our loved ones. They have sacrificed through military service, earned degrees to become doctors and teachers, and have contributed to our communities in immeasurable ways. I am proud to support a bill that recognizes what these individuals have given back to our great country."

http://curbelo.house.gov/news/docume...ocumentID=1368

Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 04-27-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Geez, now we have another bill dealing with the so-called DREAMERS we have to keep track of. I think there are now four of them that have been introduced to the U.S. Congress. They're coming out of the woodwork like pesky termites, How come no one is submitting a bill to terminate DACA? The last one I saw to end DACA was submitted by Sen. Ted Cruz R-TX) back in 2014.

H.R.1487 - Dreamer Protection Act.
    H.R.396 - Bar Removal of Individuals who Dream and Grow our Economy (BRIDGE) Act.
    H.R.6495 - Ensure Access to DACA Act.
    H.R.1468 - Recognizing America's Children Act.

Am I missing any?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They are all disgusting lies. Most DACA's are not children. They are in college stealing seats from American Kids, they are in the work force stealing jobs from American Workers, and they are .... breeding like rabbits signing up for welfare sucking our treasury dry as a bone.

GET THEM ALL OUT, no child or parent left behind.

When a DACA files an application for DACA until the program is ended, their parents and the DACA applicant should become Number One Targets for Deportation based on human smuggling. Smuggling "children" into this country, your own or someone else's should become a HIGH PRIORITY TARGET for immediate removal. There's 870,000 registered DACA's so that's them plus their parents. According to the numbers from the DAPA program that was stalled by the courts, that's a big group to target, and easy peasy for removal because of the child smuggling and many of them came in on tourist visas which allows you to deport them without a hearing because it's a violation of your visa.

TARGET THESE BIG GROUPS, load 'em up on HUUUGE buses and get them out of here straight-away, rapid deportation. These people are the epitome of the scourge of illegal immigration and any politician who supports them can start carrying the same label: SCOURGE
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn