Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Atty. Gen. Sessions resigns

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Report: John Kelly, not Trump, called Sessions to request his resignation

Photo: Nicholas Kamm/AFP/Getty Images

White House chief of staff John Kelly, not President Trump, called Attorney General Jeff Sessions to request his resignation, CNN’s Laura Jarrett first reported and Bloomberg's Chris Strohm confirmed.
    The trend: Trump has faced backlash for the ways he's gotten rid of some of his top officials in the past. For example, former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said he found out he was fired when the president tweeted about it, and former FBI Director James Comey said he learned about his departure by seeing the headlines flash on the news.

https://www.axios.com/john-kelly-cal...90c2ec5e4.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    President Trump is a full-blown idiot and fails to understand how much damage he is doing to himself with his base. I'm through with him.

It's hard to believe that he would force the retirement of somebody that has went above and beyond the call of duty in dealing with our country's immigration/illegal immigration problem, especially when he claims to consider the immigration/border security issue as one of his top priorities.

Jeff Sessions has done absolutely everything an Attorney General could do to fight an over-zealous asylum and failed immigration program.

Immigration/border security is my top issue and forcing Jeff Sessions out was the last straw for me.

Hmm, so I wonder what the chances are that illegal alien amnesty supporting Sen. Graham will get the job? Losing the U.S. House and Attorney General Jeff Sessions at the same time is a lot to swallow! The loss of the House is all the more reason Jeff Sessions should have kept his job.
    I've been done with Trump for several months. He is complete and total "open borders". The D's are honest about being "open borders". but Trump lied and kept it hidden to get elected. EVERYTHING he has done since being elected screams "open borders".

He throws out a breadcrumb every now and then in an attempt to fool his base, then snatches it back, and many fall for it and keep cheering him on. Example---sending NG to border to do paper work to assist and speed up the entry of illegals.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by southBronx View Post
    I SAY GEN SESSIONS/
    was a two face I did not trust him at all

Your comment makes no sense to me. What didn't you trust him on? Personally, I think Jeff Sessions is more ethical and has more integrity than almost anyone in Washington.

Are your feelings coming from the fact that he recused himself from the Mueller investigation? If so, I would think his recusal would give you even more reason to trust him because his recusal was the ethical thing to do. Besides that, he was following DOJ policy.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    ALIPAC posted:

Report: John Kelly, not Trump, called Sessions to request his resignation

Photo: Nicholas Kamm/AFP/Getty Images

White House chief of staff John Kelly, not President Trump, called Attorney General Jeff Sessions to request his resignation, CNN’s Laura Jarrett first reported and Bloomberg's Chris Strohm confirmed.

The trend: Trump has faced backlash for the ways he's gotten rid of some of his top officials in the past. For example, former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said he found out he was fired when the president tweeted about it, and former FBI Director James Comey said he learned about his departure by seeing the headlines flash on the news.

https://www.axios.com/john-kelly-cal...90c2ec5e4.html

Yep, Trump couldn't even show him enough respect to make the phone call himself! Pretty miserable way to deal with your own cabinet members if you ask me.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    I've been done with Trump for several months. He is complete and total "open borders". The D's are honest about being "open borders". but Trump lied and kept it hidden to get elected. EVERYTHING he has done since being elected screams "open borders".

He throws out a breadcrumb every now and then in an attempt to fool his base, then snatches it back, and many fall for it and keep cheering him on. Example---sending NG to border to do paper work to assist and speed up the entry of illegals.
    I tend to agree that he does do things at times that give the appearance we're being scammed.

This is a small part of today's White House email.

. . . What’s next? President Trump made his priority clear in a press conference from the White House today. “Now is the time for members of both parties to join together, put partisanship aside, and keep the American economic miracle going strong,” he said, citing infrastructure, trade, and lowering the cost of prescription drugs as three areas he believes Democrats may want to work with Republicans. . .
    =========================

Nothing about immigration, border wall, DACA, asylum, etc.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    This is a small part of today's White House email.

. . . What’s next? President Trump made his priority clear in a press conference from the White House today. “Now is the time for members of both parties to join together, put partisanship aside, and keep the American economic miracle going strong,” he said, citing infrastructure, trade, and lowering the cost of prescription drugs as three areas he believes Democrats may want to work with Republicans. . .
    =========================

Nothing about immigration, border wall, DACA, asylum, etc.
    Yep, for the next couple years the best thing we can hope to do is keep the status quo. About the only thing I can see being done on immigration now is Trump trading for a DACA amnesty deal.

Of course getting rid of Jeff Sessions could possibly see many of the recently policy changes he's made regarding illegal immigration/asylum be reversed.

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sessions should announce he's running for president in 2020.
    NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12