Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Group plans another anti-immigration rally
    By Michael Abernethy / TImes News

August 1
    The group responsible for two anti-illegal immigration rallies in Graham is growing.
    Now under the name NC Voice, it’s also becoming more organized.

The group plans to demonstrate from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Graham Courthouse Square for the enforcement of immigration laws.

It will be the third such demonstration for organizer Kim Oliver, owner of O&S Concrete outside of Burlington. Oliver said he began the rallies in June after watching his annual income decrease to less than half what it was five years ago at the hands of illegal workers and the contractors who hire them.

He says he’s not the only one who’s noticed the change. After a June rally, almost 400 people signed a local petition to enforce current laws.

“They know we’ve got a failing government that doesn’t care about the people,â€

Thanks for the post NVPoor!
    I didn't see that in print yesterday but I'm glad it has hit the street!
    I'm pretty sure that quote about local politicians being turned away was inacurate. I don't believe the word "local" was ever uttered by Mr. Kelly. I think what he explained was that "campaigners' would not be permitted so as not to shift the focus away from the message "Secure the Borders- Enforce Immigration Laws". No political affiliation is expressed or implied by the group at this time...and that's the way we want it. Why offer support to anyone who cannot prove they will do what they promise? Don't we have enough of that already???

USA, don't worry....WBAG gets an earful from this bunch every single day! I don't think the Handleman show can be reached this week. It appears Alan is off and "best of" segments are running. Looks like the staff takes the phone off the hook there so no one can call in by mistake and get dissapointed, so you can't even get it into the news segments....

We need a link to this article please.

Also, I want to call them and ask why the headline says Anti Immigrant and the first sentence says Anti illegal immigration !?!?!?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The author of this article told me by phone that the hard copy version reads "Anti Illegals group" and that he plans to have that changed on the website.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The hard copy indeed is as stated and is correct except for the mis-quote I referenced earlier...Sharp eye though W and thanks for checking it out!

Just curious but is anyone planning to attend this event? We launch in less than 6 hours and I'm not particularly encouraged by the response this post has generated. William has generously committed to speak as has Ron Woodard of NC Listen. I hope to see some smiling ALIPAC faces there as well. Don't miss this opportunity to come out into the daylight and make some new friends in Alamance County.

Just a quick note to tell everyone that all went well and I will get some details and hopefully pics up as soon as I catch up my sleep. You probably will want to give W a little down time today too cause I think he was the only one there looking more tired than me

I managed to get a few photos over to Chapel Hill Blog and they will get them up shortly I'm sure. They will also be working on a video for You Tube.

Of course the news media continues to snub us, aside from one generous station. The local newspaper apparently attempted to minimalize us, as did the local network affiliates but cable came through! Thanks also to local talk radio for carrying our story over the past week!

More tomorrow!

Thanks for the updated tired.
    Looking forward to more details, pics, whatever..
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here is the first report and pictures. What a super event. Nice job guys. We counted around 60 people and many many passing cars honked and waved and gave the thumbs up for support. Thank you William for attending and doing a great job of speaking to the problems and challenges of illegal immigration. More reports to come later.

http://chapelhillblog.blogspot.com/2...-nc-voice.html
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast