Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ: APPEALS COURT RULES: SHERIFF RUNS JAILS

Wednesday, 27 February 2008
    APPEALS COURT RULES: SHERIFF RUNS JAILS
    Not Courts or Judges

Court Victory for Sheriff Joe Arpaio!

Phoenix, AZ A final decision came hours ago from the Arizona Court of Appeals upholding what Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been saying all along - that the jails are run by the Sheriff and not the courts or judges.

The months long debate over jail visitation hours culminated in today’s ruling but began last November when Sheriff Arpaio reduced jail visitation hours.

Superior Court Judge Anna Baca then publicly blasted the Sheriff’s Office proclaiming that the reduction in hours amounted to a violation of inmates’ constitutional rights. Her argument was shot down today after the entire record showed not even one inmate constitutional violation.
    Arpaio’s move to temporarily cut visitation hours from 15 hours a day to eight hours daily (except Fridays) to save taxpayers over $900,000 prompted Baca and two public defenders to try to force the Sheriff to change his operation.

[color=blue][size=150][b]“You give this judge an inch and she’ll take a mile,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Can't do the time, don't do the crime".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]“You give this judge an inch and she’ll take a mile,â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sheriff Joe needs to be training the rest of the country's sheriffs.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Superior Court Judge Anna Baca then publicly blasted the Sheriff’s Office proclaiming that the reduction in hours amounted to a violation of inmates’ constitutional rights
    pp

Perhaps Judge Baca cited the constitutional amendment that was being violated when the judge reduced the visiting hours, since i'm having a very difficult time locating it myself.

Sheriff Joe needs to be head of Homeland Security!

He wouldn't take any bull from Bush or his croonies! He's been in law enforcement for a long time!!

From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

Clinton or Obama promise to interfere and intervein to stop the enforcremnt of immigration law.If you stop raids on companys and at the same time say you are going tough on employers makes no sense to anyone with common sense.If people are engaged in illegal activities and have a joint relationship to get around laws,both have to be arrested without warning.There are lots of people involved in drug trafficking with children.The same liberal mentality-have kids to get free medicine,money,food stamps and now protection from prosecution also.A few years ago ,a chicago judge gave probation for violent offender who was a legal immigrant (would have been deported after serving jail sentance because of agreement that felony revokes citizenship) because they said jail would mean hardship for his 4 children.I for example cannot get the rockingham county sherriffs dept in wentworth nc to go after a 22 illegal who has impregnated a 14 YEAR OLD GIRL whom in exchange for rent money her mother (who lives with twice convicted felon illegal alien and currently is out on bail with 2 charges)lets stay in the room with her.I know about this becuse a guy that use to be married to her.

I second that!

safari:
    "Sheriff Joe needs to be head of Homeland Security!"
    I second that!, he'd stop it dead in it tracks Why to go Joe!
    <div>Do your job and enforce the law!
    Many thanks to the young that have served our country, and to those of you that have lost, we all owe you, thank you</div>

Yes put him ahead of Homeland security... you will see the border closed in record time and the laws enforce....
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)