Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrants arrested at furniture store protest
    The Associated Press
    Dec. 2, 2007 08:52 AM

Eight illegal immigrants were arrested during a protest outside of a Phoenix furniture store that had hired sheriff's deputies to keep day laborers away.

Protesters have been demonstrating for the past six Saturdays at Pruitt's furniture store in east Phoenix against the arrests of illegal immigrants in the area. Maricopa County sheriff's deputies had arrested 24 illegal immigrants in the area after stopping them for traffic violations.

The eight people arrested Saturday on suspicion of violating immigration laws were the first illegal immigrants taken into custody during the actual protests.

"I thought it was time to do something more about it," Sheriff Joe Arpaio said. "The Pruitt's situation is getting out of hand. They are demonstrating every week and destroying this business. I don't think that's fair."

In late October, Pruitt's hired sheriff's deputies to keep day laborers away from gathering on the property, saying they were hurting business.

On Nov. 3, Daniel Pochoda, legal director for the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona, was arrested on a trespassing charge during one of the protests. Deputies said at the time Pochoda refused to move his car from the property.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... ests.html#
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    I wish we could go down there and kick some ash. If I had money, I'd buy everyone a plane ticket.

I agree Redpony. Joe for President. He is a leader. The rest are just politicians or glory hounds. (Exceptions Hunter and Tancredo)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Joe Arpaio, what a guy!!!
    This should be done each time these lawbreakers protest.
    I'll bet 2 bucks they don't protest in front of this store next week!! Har, har, har. Hasta la vista!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    zeezil said:
    Lou Dobbs for President and Joe Arpaio for Secretary of Homeland Security.
    That would be a dream come true.
    DITTO!! That would send one big message from sea to shinning sea just where the American people stand. Politicians need a very rude awakening !!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

More Arrests Outside Pruitt's Furniture Store

Last Edited: Sunday, 02 Dec 2007, 5:16 PM MST
    Created: Saturday, 01 Dec 2007, 8:33 PM MST

Pruitt's Furniture

Sheriff Joe Arpaio's human smuggling unit arrested 8 more illegal immigrants outside Pruitt's Furniture on Saturday.

That brings the total to 32 arrests over a 6-week period in which Sheriff's deputies have been enforcing state and federal immigration laws througout Maricopa County.

Pro-illegal immigration and day laborer protesters have been lining up outside the Thomas road store, protesting the store and the Sheriff's illegal immigration enforcement.

Arpaio says those protesters will be arrested and put in jail if they violate any laws on the Pruitt's store property.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/myfox/pages ... geId=3.2.1

great work,I can take ice etc to 20 places in greensboro nc where they can arrest illegals-wake up mike easley-we need a clear answer from canidates for governor in nc-john quesenbury for nc governor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12