Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ: FBI investigating Border Patrol shooting

FBI investigating Border Patrol shooting

May 23, 2009

A suspected illegal immigrant was flown to a Tucson hospital Saturday morning after being shot by a Border Patrol agent.

The shooting happened around 4:00 a.m. about three miles from the border, in Potrero Canyon, just west of Nogales, Arizona.

It's believed the suspect -- 23-year-old Jaime Martinez -- was a coyote, leading other illegal immigrants across the border.

While the group fled from authorities, Santa Cruz County Sheriff Tony Estrada says Martinez threw a rock at an agent.

When he picked up another rock, an agent fired at him.

Estrada says Martinez was hit three times -- in the right elbow, the left thigh and left knee.

He was listed in stable condition.

Estrada says the FBI, the Border Patrol and the sheriff's office are investigating the shooting and the assault on the agent.

www.kvoa.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JUSTIFIABLE!

I am so sick of OUR agents having to put up with this crap day in and day out. They obviously didn't shoot to kill, so I see no problem with this!

I suspect the poor, poor innocent "immigrant" will get a cash settlement out of court and be fast tracked for a green card.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A Rock

A Rock most CERTAINLY can be used as a Deadly weapon. Absolutely justified... Mexico is gonna be whining and complaining though as their invasion is being hindered.

We need to support our Border patrol as actions like this are inevitable as coyotes get more and more brazen as they get more desperate...

Sounds like a really good marksman. Three shots, three hits and non-life threatening injuries. The agent stoped the rock throwing and the running.

I agree, a rock is a weapon. Goliath was killed with a rock.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dumg

Throw a rock at a guy with a gun = dumb ass waiting to made an example of.

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Everyone needs to see this kind of story in perspective. I have been to the remote border regions where our Border Patrol agents work. These areas are VERY desolate and can be quite intimidating for BP Agents out there on their own. They have no idea if one of these coyotes or IA's might be ready to ambush them. So, putting myself in their shoes...you bet, I wouldn't hesitate to use my sidearm if someone is heaving a rock at me. I could just as easily get smashed in the head from behind by someone set up there to ambush me. We need to give these agents LOTS of latitude when it comes to protection and self preservation.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

You're right TexzasBorn, smugglers are ruthless.

I've seen video footage of them randomly shooting at cars from across the border to create a distraction.

Dixie

Re: dumg

Quote Originally Posted by jonhaloi
    Throw a rock at a guy with a gun = dumb ass waiting to made an example of.
    The coyote probably had dollar signs in his eyes since they know in the past big bucks have been awarded by our stupid government when an IA has been hurt even when they provoke the BP.

A Righteous take down BP and we are behind you 100% !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast