Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

She's got the right idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    Good for Arizona and Governor Brewer!! Goodby MEChA!!
    OK America, follow this womans lead.
    I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE. jimster

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    The measure prohibits classes that advocate ethnic solidarity, that are designed primarily for students of a particular race or that promote resentment toward a certain ethnic group. It also prohibits classes that promote the overthrow of the U.S. government.

I think the passage of this law is outstanding! Long overdue!
    Arizona should even go further and prohibit all ethnic classes in public schools that are paid for by taxpayers. So many other ethnicities/nationalities are left out that there is no real fairness anyway. People who want to become educated or celebrate their ethnicity can take private classes or join clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Seems to me there was a controversial teacher of ethnic studies, or something like that, in Arizona that I read about....think it was 2-3 years ago.

We should get back to unifying this country, not dividing it. We all have our unique ethnic backgrounds which can be learned from grandparents, relatives or through personal research.
    Talk about a person who is a divider. It doesn't get much worse or hateful than this lady. She is a Hispanic civil rights activist named Dolores Huerta. In the video below made in 2006, she is speaking at a school in Arizona. I recently found out she has a school named after her here in California.

Dolores Huerta tell students in the video that "Republicans hate Latinos." In fact she says it two times, making sure they heard her.

She also tells the students they did not cross the border, the border crossed them. No wonder the Hispanic students believe we are on their land. Evidently they have been taught this for years.

Here is the video. It takes a while in the video before Huerta mentions the Republicans and then goes on in to the startling speech.

http://quill.tusd.k12.az.us/doloreshuertaaddress
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

She also tells the students they did not cross the border, the border crossed them. No wonder the Hispanic students believe we are on their land. Evidently they have been taught this for years.

It's been taught for 41 years, beginning with the 1969 El Plan de Santa Barbara.

" A Chicano Plan for Higher Education was written by the Chicano Coordinating Council on Higher Education as a manifesto for the implementation of Chicano Studies educational programs throughout the state of California. The Plan was adopted in April 1969 at a symposium held at the University of California, Santa Barbara, USA.

The 155-page document outlines proposals for a curriculum in Chicano Studies, the role of community control in Chicano education, and the necessity of Chicano political independence. The document retains visibility as the founding document of the Chicano student group MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán)."

Originally it was taught in college, then when those radicals graduated they started teaching it in High School and grade school.

The University of Santa Barbara now has a PhD program in Chicano studies!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Now that SOMEONE in leadership has some COURAGE, HONOR AND INTEGRITY other states will follow. This is how we take our country back America! GET ON IT!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12