Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
Relating to the issue of health care for IAs there are apparently some big changes underway, at least here in AZ and where hospitals are concerned.

My husband is currently in the hospital.......the new one near our home which opened about 8 months ago.....and our daughter, who had gone to the ER with him, had some interesting facts to relate about the experience.

First, when she and my husband's friend got him inside they were shocked to see that....at 3:00 on a Friday afternoon......they were the ONLY ones in there and when my daughter commented on this to the nurse who came to assist my husband, he said that it's always pretty quiet.

Secondly, as she was filling out paperwork because my husband was unable to do it himself, she noticed signs all over the place. These signs stated that unless one is suffering an actual medical emergency as defined by something or another, or is in active labor, they will NOT be seen in the ER. These signs also made it very clear that, with the exception of insured patients, all ER fees not related to actual treatment must be paid in full prior to being seen.

As they were waiting with him, my husband's friend, who legally migrated from Mexico, was telling my husband and daughter that this is what is happening with hospitals all over the place and he was surprised we hadn't heard the illegals in our development complaining about it. According to him they are miffed to the extreme that they now not only must go to a handful of free clinics, or pay for a doctor or urgent care, but that they are being funneled to one hospital in Phoenix for births, complaining in no uncertain terms that slowly but surely the US is "taking everything away" and we are starting to take it away even faster now.

So evidently, their so called "choices in health care" are being narrowed greatly and I've got to tell you.....obviously I've been to the hospital quite a bit since they admitted my husband on Friday and I have not seen a more quiet, uncrowded hospital in the 15 years I've been here. It doesn't make any difference what time of the day or night either...there is hardly anyone ever there and it most certainly doesn't seem like you've opened the door and stepped directly into Mexico.

And since then, in speaking with other friends who've had occasion to vist other hospitals in the area, they've said the same thing. The difference is night and day compared to what it used to be.

So I'd say this is some good news.........
This is wonderful news