Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist
    I don't understand the supposid huge value of illegals...the church wants them...the Federal governments wants them...corp. America wants them everyone wants them...except the States... What am I missing?
    They are very easily manipulated. They are followers. The church can manipulate them for donations, which are difficult to get out of Americans. The politicians can lead them around by the nose. Employers can exploit them because they dont know the labor laws or are afraid to fight the employer....and so on. They are easily exploited. So of course you have the predators circling overhead.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote:
    "This effort by Latter-day Saint settlers to organize themselves into a provisional government was much like the attempt made in the 1780s by settlers in Tennessee, who organized the state of Franklin when they felt neglected by North Carolina, and the settlers of Oregon, who established a local government that functioned without recognition from the U.S. government until they were given territorial status in 1848."

To me the most striking thing which this illustrates about the unique settlement of the United States, beginning with the Mayflower Compact, was the concerted and, in the end, successful efforts of these settlers--from New England to the West Coast--to organize themselves into manageable governmental units based on representation of the governed, although this was a more limited definition at that time. With all the "politically correct" shouting about our being a "nation of immigrants", the above characteristic came from a special type of "immigrant" -- that is, primarily from our English and northern European forebearers and their acceptance of the teachings of the Eighteenth Century European Enlightenment, in which our Founding Fathers and many who followed them happily were so well versed and strongly believed. That we became a "nation of laws, not men" is a result of the triumph this new philosophy of "govenment by contract" based on the "rights of the governed" which had been set forth by European philsophers and which happily won out over the older form of brute force utilized under the "Divine Right of Kings" throughout the settlement of what became a number of modern Caribbean nations, most of Latin America, and what is now the American Southwest--by the Spanish conquistadores and under the Spanish crown.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is not hate and it has nothing to do with hating a group of people because they are different!!!!!! THIS IS THE LAW!!!
    I don't care it you're white, black, brown, red, yellow or gold for that matter! If you don't have the proper papers to be here, then you need to get out!
    U.S. born citizens and naturalized citizens are documented;
    We have social security numbers (with our real name on it),
    birth certificates (with our real name on it),
    i.d. cards (with our real name on it),
    drivers license's (with our real name on it),
    vehicle registration (with our real name on it),
    bank accounts (with our real name on it); which is where the IRS takes the money from if we don't pay our taxes!! AND BECAUSE WE ARE DOCUMENTED......
    WE ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR OUR ACTIONS!!!!
    We must pay taxes, we must pay our bills or it goes under our S.S.N and ruins our credit, of course it also ruins our credit when an illegal uses our S.S.N and doesnt pay!!!!

If we have a car accident we show our registration and insurance and.....WE ARE LIABLE FOR THE DAMAGE!

If we get pulled over and get a ticket, we have to show up to court and take care of it or WE END UP WITH A WARRANT (WITH OUR REAL NAME ON IT)!

If my children need to go to the emergency room, I have to show my I.D. and give them my S.S.N, I have to pay the bill or it effects my credit ( WHICH HAS MY REAL NAME ON IT!)

I have to hand over my hard earned money to the state and federal governments every week so that.........
    MY CHILDRENS SCHOOLS CAN CUT MORE AND MORE OUT OF THE BUDGET EACH YEAR AND PROVIDE LESS AND LESS TO MY CHILDREN WHILE THEY PROVIDE MORE AND MORE TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT CHILDREN WHOSE PARENTS DO NOT PAY TAXES!!!!!!!

So once again, this is not hate of a group of people just because they are different! This is the desire to enforce the law of the land and make all persons accountable for their actions in this country and the only way to do so is if ALL PERSONS ARE DOCUMENTED!!
    Why should American citizens be the only ones in this country to be DOCUMENTED AND HELD LIABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS??

So, cry me a river! Don't join the Mormon church! Go find one in Mexico and by the way.....GOOD LUCK!!

I'm American.......I am human too!!!!

From 2006, but I remember hearing about Utah's welcoming attitude towards illegals at the time:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... over_x.htm

Utah allows the undocumented to drive legally with a "driving privilege card." They can attend public colleges and universities and pay in-state tuition. Minorities — mostly Hispanics — make up 16.5% of the population, up from 8.8% in 1990. They could reach 20% by 2010. Hispanics are driving the growth among minorities here. The state's black and Asian populations also are growing but more slowly.

The changes are visible — and audible. Sounds of up to 70 languages reverberate in school hallways, cantinas are sprouting in the suburbs, and Spanish-speaking religious congregations are multiplying — scenes that are more Los Angeles and Miami than Salt Lake City.

"Word has gotten out that it's a place where immigrants are welcome," five-term Utah Republican Rep. Chris Cannon says.

Utahans in 2004 gave President Bush his biggest margin over Democrat John Kerry in any state — 72% to 26%. How can one of America's most conservative places be so receptive to immigrants?

"The LDS faith believes you can be conservative and yet be compassionate," says Marco Diaz, past chairman of the Utah Republican Hispanic Assembly, which tries to attract more Hispanics to the party. "Help thy neighbor and love thy neighbor and still try to be fiscal conservatives."

How long Utah will embrace this philosophy remains to be seen. Frustrations are mounting over rising dropout rates and classrooms crammed with non-English speakers. Pressure to cut benefits to undocumented residents and crack down on employers who hire them is growing. About 100,000 of Utah's foreign-born residents — about half — are here illegally, says Pamela Perlich, senior research economist at the University of Utah.

Diaz says time may be running out on the state's welcome mat.

"Never have we seen so much uproar on immigration," Diaz says. "A lot of Utahans want some change. ... There's a feeling from constituents that something needs to be done."

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    BetsyRoss wrote:
    "Mormonism in all its forms is a big part of the cultural bedrock of the West."
    I sincerely hope we are not going to be put in the position of being asked to boycott the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in order to maintain our opposition to amnesty!
    The Catholic Church is also a strong advocate of illegal immigration. Churches that have missionary work going on in Mexico do NOT want to create a conflict because they know the Mexican Government will make their lives difficult if it finds out that American Churches are not favoring their citizens. Look at what happened in Colombia and Venezuela. So, by pandering to illegal immigrants under the veil of compassion and minimizing the negative impact of illegal immigration in the U.S., they play along while exercising influence so that laws don't get enforced and deportations take place. Basically, Churches are OK with Mexican colonization of the U.S.A. because it brings them more converts here and and it helps them keep the Mexican government happy with them so they can do their work there. Next, big businesses that use illegals also don't want to lose them, especially large hotel chains and fast food franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by TkAmricaBk
    This is not hate and it has nothing to do with hating a group of people because they are different!!!!!! THIS IS THE LAW!!!
    I don't care it you're white, black, brown, red, yellow or gold for that matter! If you don't have the proper papers to be here, then you need to get out!
    U.S. born citizens and naturalized citizens are documented;
    We have social security numbers (with our real name on it),
    birth certificates (with our real name on it),
    i.d. cards (with our real name on it),
    drivers license's (with our real name on it),
    vehicle registration (with our real name on it),
    bank accounts (with our real name on it); which is where the IRS takes the money from if we don't pay our taxes!! AND BECAUSE WE ARE DOCUMENTED......
    WE ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR OUR ACTIONS!!!!
    We must pay taxes, we must pay our bills or it goes under our S.S.N and ruins our credit, of course it also ruins our credit when an illegal uses our S.S.N and doesnt pay!!!!

If we have a car accident we show our registration and insurance and.....WE ARE LIABLE FOR THE DAMAGE!

If we get pulled over and get a ticket, we have to show up to court and take care of it or WE END UP WITH A WARRANT (WITH OUR REAL NAME ON IT)!

If my children need to go to the emergency room, I have to show my I.D. and give them my S.S.N, I have to pay the bill or it effects my credit ( WHICH HAS MY REAL NAME ON IT!)

I have to hand over my hard earned money to the state and federal governments every week so that.........
    MY CHILDRENS SCHOOLS CAN CUT MORE AND MORE OUT OF THE BUDGET EACH YEAR AND PROVIDE LESS AND LESS TO MY CHILDREN WHILE THEY PROVIDE MORE AND MORE TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT CHILDREN WHOSE PARENTS DO NOT PAY TAXES!!!!!!!

So once again, this is not hate of a group of people just because they are different! This is the desire to enforce the law of the land and make all persons accountable for their actions in this country and the only way to do so is if ALL PERSONS ARE DOCUMENTED!!
    Why should American citizens be the only ones in this country to be DOCUMENTED AND HELD LIABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS??

So, cry me a river! Don't join the Mormon church! Go find one in Mexico and by the way.....GOOD LUCK!!

I'm American.......I am human too!!!!
    Common sense is not common practice. One side is strongly defending illegal activity and the other is screaming LOOK, this is the law of the land.
    As hard as it is to believe it, some powers that be really want the U.S. to be colonized by Mexico's poor so that there is an over abundance of low-cost, low-liability workers for big and small businesses. That's why they fight so hard against anything that would mean removal of illegal aliens from the country. As long as rich people are not negatively affected by illegals, the fight will continue. Many are just shocked that Arizona actually went ahead and decided to enforce existing immigration laws.
    The colonization has worked so well for businesses that the idea of actually losing revenues generated by millions of illegal aliens must keep them awake at night. It's a pretty amazing thing to watch and it shouldn't come as a surprise if, at the end, illegals actually win their cause while PRO LEGAL immigration supporters watch in disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Quote Originally Posted by hardlineconstitutionalist
    I don't understand the supposid huge value of illegals...the church wants them...the Federal governments wants them...corp. America wants them everyone wants them...except the States... What am I missing?
    They are very easily manipulated. They are followers. The church can manipulate them for donations, which are difficult to get out of Americans. The politicians can lead them around by the nose. Employers can exploit them because they dont know the labor laws or are afraid to fight the employer....and so on. They are easily exploited. So of course you have the predators circling overhead.
    What does that say about those who do that? Have we become THAT bad and THAT corrupt? So let's say they are all granted amnesty/green cards and eventual U.S. citizenship. Will the illegal immigration problem get solved or become bigger? Just this morning, I heard on the radio that there are MORE illegal immigrants coming in from South of the border hoping to participate in the amnesty bandwagon. News travels fast. They want to be here when it happens so that proof of U.S. residence paper mills can get busy. Anyone who thinks that illegals won't be submitting false applications left and right is naive indeed. Who's going to verify 15-20 million applications in a timely manner? They're just going to rubber stamp them by the thousands everyday.

Yes, our government is that corrupt and it's our fault because the majority of Americans did not pay attention to what they were doing.

BTW - LOVE your kitty pic!

JAK
    God has compassion, but he also has "LAWS!"

His laws WORK, whether they be positive or negative. If you obey his laws then there are blessings. If you dis-obey the law THEN THERE ARE CONSEQUNCES.
    It is just that simple. Here is one of his laws that illegal aliens are IGNORING EVERYDAY!

John 10:1
    [ The Shepherd and His Flock ] "I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.

(There is no difference if you're breaking into a nation, come the right way or you are a thief and a robber!)

There are LAWS in HEAVEN and I'm sure we can all agree that they will be followed! He expects the same here... he is NO RESPECTOR OF PERSONS.

If laws are disregarded this is what happens... havock and destruction!
    They are destroying our nation by overwhelming us ... so that we no longer have a voice!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123