Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ Lawmaker Makes Hand Gesture Referring to Cops & SB107

AZ lawmaker makes hand gesture referring to cops and SB1070

Posted: May 25, 2010 5:47 PM PDT Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:47 PM ESTUpdated: May 26, 2010 4:59 AM PDT Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:59 AM EST

PDF of Capitol Times Story - 05/25/2010 5:30pm
    Reporter: Brian Pryor

PHOENIX (KGUN9-TV) - An Arizona lawmaker is at the center of the latest controversy surrounding SB1070, after he made references to raising his middle finger to cops who ask him for identification.

The statement points to the Friday edition of the Arizona Capitol Times in which AZ senate minority leader Jorge Garcia is quoted as saying "Well, you know, at my age I can ignore the cops. I can flip them off." When the reporter asked what kinda of immigration documents he carries the Senator raised his middle finger and said, "That's what I would tell a cop."

KGUN9 News called Senator Garcia's office and spoke with the Senator regarding his comments and gestures. Garcia confirmed the statement but clarified that he had told the reporter he would only raise his middle finger in the event he presented the cop his license and the cop asked for additional identification.

Garcia added that since there were two lawsuits pending against SB1070 that there is concern among cops over the application of the law. Garcia ended the interview with "And yes, the police are great, but there are a few who know how to abuse it (the law), and they do abuse it".

Arizona Republican Party Chairman Randy Pullen said "In all of my years living and working in Arizona, I've heard some pretty offensive and ignorant comments made by elected officials, But Senator Garcia's complete and total disregard towards law enforcement takes the prize. " The party's press release calls on Garcia's fellow democrats to publically denounce his comments towards law enforcement.

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?s=12542829
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another typical race-baiter. By flipping the cops his middle finger, he's hoping the cop arrests him and he can get on his soapbox? He has no business holding a political office, vote the scum out!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    Garcia ended the interview with "And yes, the police are great, but there are a few who know how to abuse it (the law), and they do abuse it".
    This is the problem with illegals and their friends. This guy I would classify as a "friend" to illegals. He is telling everyone pointblank that the law does not have to be enforced. And, from my experience with living outside of Phoenix I can truly say that most Hispanics could care less about our laws. They know they can run and another Hispanic will harbor them. For years they have known that we won't do anything.

As far as I'm concerned they have pushed their luck and I don't care if we arrest every single one of them. Take their government benefits and housing and put them in jail. Give the benefits to and American who is out of work or the working poor which are on the increase since this president was voted in. Don't bail out Greece, don't bail out Wall Street. Bail out Americans that are trying to keep their hear above water.

Hey Lynx,

When SB 1070 starts being enforced are you moving back to AZ?

Reading this I feel he just flipped me off!

Senator Garcia's complete and total disregard towards law enforcement takes the prize.
    He takes the cake alright, along with almost all the other Hispanic leaders. What is it they want? Do they belive that America's immigration laws should be only for people that come from non-Hispanic nations? Does Senator Garcia believe that flipping the bird at our laws is setting a good example to his constituents?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'd have been rousted
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Another typical race-baiter. By flipping the cops his middle finger, he's hoping the cop arrests him and he can get on his soapbox? He has no business holding a political office, vote the scum out!
    I would but then I would have to move into little mexico to be in that district. That the problem. you have to live amongst them to be able to vote them out.

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Senator Garcia's complete and total disregard towards law enforcement takes the prize.
    He takes the cake alright, along with almost all the other Hispanic leaders. What is it they want? Do they belive that America's immigration laws should be only for people that come from non-Hispanic nations? Does Senator Garcia believe that flipping the bird at our laws is setting a good example to his constituents?
    did he graduate from the school of racism that the tucson lawyer started.
    what was that womans name????

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    Hey Lynx,

When SB 1070 starts being enforced are you moving back to AZ?
    Almost every person I dealt with in Arizona was either rude and mean or dishonest and just plain ripped me off. I lived there for seven years and spent a lot of time trying to understand why the average person was meaner than cat poop. Just mean. I came to the conclusion that the average American living in Arizona got mean over the years from the steady influx of illegals whom I believe come from a culture of violence and dishonesty. I think the average citizen got tired of it and got mean to deal with them. It's funny how long people will put up with things and try to cope and it takes them forever to figure it out.

As far as I'm concerned the average Arizona citizen has finally figured out what illegals are doing. Unfortunately, they had to hear about tons of murders, rapes and drunken drivers killing people for them to get it. I think the rancher on the border died for Arizona's unconscious mental patterns (sins?).

Answer: I WOULD NOT GO BACK TO ARIZONA IF YOU GAVE ME TEN MILLION TAX-FREE DOLLARS. What an ugly place!