Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ: Mesa reverses stance on illegal immigrants

December 13, 2007 - 11:49AM
    Mesa reverses stance on illegal immigrants

Jason Massad, Tribune
    Mesa will send a letter to Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff seeking information to cross-train police officers to identify illegal immigrants in city holding facilities, the Mesa City Council agreed Thursday.

The action represents a reversal from a year ago, when the council backed away from a proposal to cross-train officers with the powers of immigration officials.

Vice Mayor Claudia Walters said that when the council backed off a more aggressive stance on illegal immigration last year, that the federal government was moving forward on the issue.

“As I’ve reflected … when we had that previous vote, we had hopesâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm just wondering here.

Might the number of snowbirds be down in Mesa due to fear of illegals and the report that Mesa was one of three US cities whose crime rate was very high?

Did maybe those seniors (I are one) decide they would rather face the snow than some illegal gang banger?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)