Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Az-Napolitano: Fence alone will not stop illegal immigration

Napolitano: Fence alone will not stop illegal immigration

A fence along the U.S.-Mexico border cannot by itself solve the problems of illegal immigration, Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano during a national television interview Tuesday.

July 9th, 2008 @ 7:46am
    by CNN

A fence along the U.S.-Mexico border cannot by itself solve the problems of illegal immigration, Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano during a national television interview Tuesday.

While the Department of Homeland Security says building a fence will keep illegal immigrants out of the country, Napolitano told CNN's Lou Dobbs that the fence alone will do nothing.

``As someone who has worked that border area for a number of years, I will tell you a fence in and of itself is just a slogan, it's not an answer," Napolitano said. ``A real answer means you've got to deal with the underlying labor issues, impact of immigration, visa reform, the workers already here."

She added, ``You need to deal with visa reform so that we have more people crossing legally through the ports, and you need to deal firmly and realistically with the 12-million already in our country through heavy fines, sanctions, learning to speak English."

Napolitano told Dobbs, ``The voters of my state understand that building a fence is not a solution. Indeed, what I'm fond of saying is, you show me a 12-foot fence and I'll show you a 13-foot ladder."

Fencing in some areas does make sense, Napolitano said, and a fence has been built along several sections of the Arizona-Mexico border.

But, she said, ``You also need technology, you need more manpower, you need to deal with visa reform."

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=891878
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Of course the fence is not the only answer! The fence combined with enforcement of current law is the answer! It's actually quite simple. Politicians like Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano want to complicate the issue.

We do not need any more visas, fines for illegals already here, no sanctions, none of that. Just enforce the law, which means if your here in this country illegally, you will be deported.

No more cheap labor! American businesses and corporations can hire Americans. Why not try that approach and see what happens!

Oh, and I think I will blow a gasket if I here here this stupid argument in opposition to securing our border even once more:

The voters of my state understand that building a fence is not a solution. Indeed, what I'm fond of saying is, you show me a 12-foot fence and I'll show you a 13-foot ladder."
    Ok, with no fence the illegals invaders will not need any ladder, they can simply walk across. In addtion, it's a lot tougher to get a shipment of drugs over a 12 foot wall than simply allowing them to walk across that border uncontested. Any politician who makes this argument doesn't deserve to be in office!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No one ever said it was the total answer.....it is the first segment of the many weak areas we have.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This woman is so stupid, they think the answer to everything is more visa's, do we look so stupid. in other words just let them all in, what an ass, this is one of the problems Americans are having, an endless supply of cheap labor to compete with..........THROW HER OUT OF OFFICE.......time for all who are lacking common sense to go!!!!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

No, but the legislated Double-Layered Fence will put a major Dent in it.

Yuma - less than 7 miles of the legislated fence accounted for most of this drop!!

BUILD THE LEGISLATED FENCE!!!

Southwest Border Patrol Sector Apprehensions (West to East)
    Fiscal Year-------------2005---------2006---------2007-------2008 (ends 9/30)
    San Diego------------126,879-----142,104---- 152,460--- 122,554
    El Centro--------------55,725-------61,465----- 55,883----- 32,291
    Yuma-----------------138,492-----118,549----- 37,992------ 7,255 *(7 mi. Legislated fence built)
    Tucson --------------439,053-----392,074---- 378,239--- 260,127
    El Paso---------------122,624-----122,256----- 75,464----- 25,466
    Marfa ------------------10,532--------7,520------- 5,536------ 4,282
    Del Rio -----------------68,547------42,636----- 22,920----- 16,511
    Laredo -----------------75,268------74,840----- 56,714------34,783
    Rio Grande Valley --134,136----110,528------ 73,430----- 58,994
    Apprehensions----1,189,108--1,071,972-----858,638----578,774

ARE THERE ANY MORE QUESTIONS AS TO WHAT WORKS???