Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ: Protection varies on the border

Protection varies on the border
    Posted: Sep 19, 2010 5:27 PM PDT
    Updated: Sep 19, 2010 5:27 PM PDT
    Reported by: Jessica Chapin

TUCSON (KGUN9- TV)- About 35 miles from the Mexico border, residents of Tubac see immigration issues first-hand. Russell Palmer is a realtor and member of the Chamber of Commerce. He's had his own run-ins with illegal immigrants.

"All of the sudden a couple guys come through the front gate and they just walk into the backyard here," he said, motioning to the view from his back porch, where you can see hills below, and the Interstate in the distance. He says they parked a car full of people in his driveway and used his yard to scan for agents before leaving.

That was a year ago. Palmer says since Border Patrol set up an I-19 checkpoint and increased presence, things have changed. He sees frequent helicopter activity over his real estate properties.

"I think that there's a decrease in traffic up there," he said.

About a 2-hour drive southeast to the Douglas border it's a different story. Gary Thrasher is one of many riled up residents who attended a town hall forum in July, sparking Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords to demand a Government Accountability Study on the issue.

"When you get out in those remote areas, it's not any safer than it's ever been," he told KGUN9, "In fact it's getting more and more dangerous because more people are being driven out there and not up near the communities."

It's something Palmer says he's noticed too.

"Why wouldn't somebody be there to be watching that?" he said, "I think that if I were in charge I'd probably put a little more enforcement on that part of the border."

Two towns, one hundred miles apart are both hoping for a better solution. They hope the accountability study can provide answers and guidance, as Border Patrol boosts agents in the coming year.

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13180999
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How can these people believe their own lying eyes rather than the BS Nappy et al are spreading? Don't they realize that's UnAmerican? They must be Racist!

Excuse me while I go wash my hands after typing that shite!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change