Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

AZ- State Bar accuses immigrants' activist of practicing law

State Bar accuses immigrants' activist of practicing law
    August 11th, 2008 @ 11:13am
    by Jim Cross/KTAR

The State Bar of Arizona has asked Maricopa County Superior Court to issue an injunction to stop immigration activist Elias Bermudez from practicing law.

Bermudez, the head of Immigrants Without Borders, said he simply has been filling out documents to help people gain legal citizenship, not practicing law. He said he's looking forward to his day in court.

``This situation, it's something I think is happening because of my activism," Bermudez said. ``If it weren't for my activism, nobody would even pay attention to met." The State Bar said it will be months before the issue is resolved.

Bermudez said, ``I think that two individuals have a complaint. In 20 years, that's a very good record. I have attorneys who have numerous complaints and the bar doesn't do anything about that."

Bermudez sais he never has claimed to be an attorney and that he does not give out legal advice.

``I provide people with information that they can easily find on the internet or in different publications," he said. ``That information I provide is what makes people decide to go ahead and go through the process, fill out the forms and send them into INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service)," he said.

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=930441
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bermudez like many of the pro-illegal alien "activists" that charge "fees" for consulting on immigration matters or assisting with paperwork are some of the other profiteers of illegal immigration...many do cross the line into the unlicensed practice of law...and to many of the uneducated, illliterate illegal aliens who can't afford to hire a lawyer these guys are worth the cheap price...and so many end up getting defrauded or getting no benefits as promised...and they're out big bucks in the end.

Oh, so it's OK for Latinos to illegal take jobs and tax money away from American workers, but not to take work away from American lawyers? I say we should all hang out an "Immigration Lawyer" shingle!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That information I provide is what makes people decide to go ahead and go through the process, fill out the forms and send them into INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service)," he said.
    Well, that must be bad advice he's giving out because he didn't even correctly identify the name of the agency The "INS" no longer exists.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

``This situation, it's something I think is happening because of my activism," Bermudez said. ``If it weren't for my activism, nobody would even pay attention to met." The State Bar said it will be months before the issue is resolved.

So Elias finally ADMITS to what we all knew all along............if it weren't for his activisim nobody would pay attention to him

I saw first hand some of these "notarios" passing themselves off as "immigration experts" or "processors" back in 1986....one guy had a lunch-truck office where he took photos, helped with paperwork and then was busted by the fed's for also selling fraudulent documentation to support the illegal alien amnesty applicants file. Illegal aliens had to prove through affidavits etc. that they met the presence test (that is that they had been continously in the U.S. for a certain amount of years and had entered as of a certain date)...and this guy conveniently manufactured (for a price of course) all kinds of fraudulent affidavits from "churches" "schools" "pastors" "employers" etc.

In that kind of world ...many of the hucksters profitting from illegal immigration are members of the same ethnic community as are the illegal aliens.

Let's hope they get him and go after Garcia