January 18, 2012

San Tan Valley, AZ--Sheriff Paul Babeu recently announced his fundraising totals for the first 68 days of his campaign for Congress, which included Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve and ended January 1, 2012.

While in the exploratory phase, without a single fundraising event, and without a final Congressional district, Sheriff Babeu raised $263,302 from 1,100 donors. This represents an estimated 300 new donors. The Sheriff has over 8,000 unique donors, meaning a significant reservoir of support not yet tapped for the Congressional race.

"I'm absolutely blown away by the generosity of my supporters," Babeu said. "People agree it's time for a new Sheriff in Washington. I pledge to represent them with honor and integrity in the next Congress."

Babeu officially announced his candidacy on January 4th.

Paul Babeu is America's Sheriff of the Year, as voted by his colleagues in the National Sheriff's Association. As Sheriff, he reduced his budget by 10% while decreasing response times to emergencies by 50%.

As a police officer, he was awarded two medals for saving lives, and served as President of the Chandler Law Enforcement Association.

A retired Major in the United States Army National Guard, he commanded Task Force Yuma, which reduced illegal border crossings by 94%, and served a tour of duty in Iraq.

Babeu raises $263,302 in 68 days from 1,100 donors