Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bachmann promises to work on releasing Border Patrol agent

Bachmann promises to work on releasing Border Patrol agent

cbsnews.com
    By Sarah Huisenga
    October 3, 2011 10:52 PM

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Rep. Michelle Bachmann, R-Iowa, on friendly turf among fellow conservatives, promised Monday that she would work on releasing from prison a U.S. Border Patrol agent accused of using excessive force on a drug smuggler.

"Yes I would, yes I would," the GOP presidential candidate said at Council Bluff's Bayliss Park Hall before an audience of about 50 when asked if she would work to help release Jesus Diaz, the Border Patrol agent.

Diaz was convicted after being accused of using excessive force on a 16-year-old drug smuggler in 2008 near Eagle Pass, Texas, by wrenching his handcuffed arms upward while pressing a knee into his back. In an attempt to make the smuggler reveal where he had hidden marijuana, Diaz also allegedly kicked the teen and dropped him face-first on the ground.

The Diaz case has become a cause célèbre among some conservatives opposed to illegal immigration who contend his prosecution was politically motivated at the behest of the Mexican government. They have pressed President Obama and other presidential candidates to act on the case.

Bachmann also said she was unimpressed by efforts to enforce the U.S.-Mexican border.

"I would build a fence -- every mile, every yard, every foot, every inch," she said. "I would build the fence and we have border security guards down there. The only problem is, the government has been suing the border security guards every time they want to try and enforce the border. I will have a very different view. I will tell the border security guards, if you follow the law, I will have your back."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I like that Woman more, and more, as I read about her.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Banned
    I cant support her but glad she will work on agent.WHY NOW?Just because she is running for president.This agent was done wrong in 2008 why didnt she help him sooner if she knew its wrong.She works in congress get a bunch of her congress buddies together and fight in the house and senate to release this agent.Now she brings it up well when she dont win the presidentcy poor ole agent will be forgotten just like BUSH W and Obama have done.

In all honesty I didn't know anything about this agent till now. There is soo much garbage going on at the Border it is difficult for me to keep track of, unless I sat on this board all day. No offense meant. For all I know the agent kicked the dope head in the arse, and didn't mean to stretch his arms out. The issue is ridiculous. When I was a kid, stuff like that didn't warrant a lawsuit, because the perp was lucky to be alive after being caught.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.