Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Barking Dog Poisoned by Smugglers

http://htfttf.com/cms/content/view/16/2/

Barking Dog Poisoned by Smugglers
    Boulevard, CA -

Barking dogs are a common sound in rural areas. They mostly bark at other animals. However, in places near the US/Mexico border, they bark at the passing groups of people who enter the country illegally on foot. These barking dogs are sometimes the first clue the US Border Patrol has that a group has crossed the border. Numerous citizen's reports are made every week based on these highly aware, loyal pets. Because of this, some professional smugglers have injured and even killed alert dogs to prevent them from sounding the alarm.

Such a case may have happened recently in Boulevard, a small community in San Diego's east county. Just before dark on Veterans Day, Jeff McKernin went out to feed his dogs as he does every night. He saw right away that something was wrong. His small terrier mixed dog was not its usual active self. "She was moving slowly and having trouble walking, as if intoxicated." Jeff told me in an interview this week. After making a few phone calls Jeff and his wife took the sick dog to the Animal Medical Center in El Cajon. After an examination by the veterinarian on duty, Dr. Walker, it was determined that the dog may have been poisoned. The dog was treated for poisoning from ingestion of antifreeze, an automotive product used as a coolant in radiators.

Regular antifreeze is mostly comprised of ethylene glycol, which is extremely toxic if consumed by humans or animals. According to the Columbia Animal Hospital's website ( www.cah.com) more than 10,000 animals fall victim to antifreeze poisoning every year. It only takes two ounces to cause a fatality in a medium sized dog. Once ingested, the ethylene glycol moves into the kidneys. The kidneys are not able to process this compound and it remains there in a crystalline form where it causes kidney failure and death. Dogs that are kept in close proximity to cars with leaking radiators are at high risk of antifreeze poisoning. A quick look around the McKernin's home and yard turned up no evidence of spilled fluids or leaking vehicles.

I found several piles of discarded clothing, water bottles, and assorted trash within 100 feet of their fenced yard. There is even a well used foot trail running along the outside of one of their fences.
    The McKernins have already spent over $900.00 on veterinary bills for their dog. A supervisory agent with the US Border Patrol recently told the McKernins that other dogs in the community had been poisoned, stabbed, and slashed with razors. I spoke with another agent several months ago about this subject. He stated that he had found a discarded sports drink bottle that contained antifreeze, which has a distinctive odor.

He said that smugglers will sometimes make incursions prior to bringing a group to checking and clearing the trails of hazards, like barking dogs. I will continue to report on these stories as they arise.

Authors Name Withheld for Security Reasons
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Could be some more of the good work being done by Bush's pals south of the border.

CountFloyd,

Reading this report of dogs (loyal family pets at that too) being poisoned or stabbed or slashed with razors makes me sick and very angry.

This reminds me of something else I've read from time to time that happens on ranches located on or near the USA/Mexico border. It has been reported that illegals sometimes (or often, I don't know) injure/kill the cattle and horses owned by the American ranchers. Why on earth would they do this other than that they are mentally deranged and immoral? Horses and cattle to my knowledge do not alert their owners, as a dog will, to tresspassers. Livestock do not bark or attack. If the illegals are hungry which I'm sure many are (and because they are in a hurry trying to escape detection), they certainly don't have the time to stop, butcher and barbeque or even roast portions of the livestock they kill, so why do they kill them?
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

...so why do they kill them?
    Annie, I can't say I know the answer to that other than to say that they do it because they can.

It's sort of like marking their territory, perhaps as a warning to the owners, letting them know that what happens to animals can also happen to people.

I've read it's not uncommon for ranchers to find human feces in the watering troughs, too.

Oh yes, just more good people wanting to provide for their families. (wish we had a puke emoticon!)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These people are barbarians.

If they will kill an innocent dog or a sweet grazing horse or cow, then is it no wonder they will as easily kill a Border Patrol Agent or a Law Enforcement Officer or other Americans....in their way?

No wonder at all.

Perfectly Predictable.

Arrest Bush for Aiding and Abetting Animal Cruelty.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

well enuf- Iwas going to say that too-

This is just HEARTBREAKING. It takes a DERANGED person to do something so cruel as killing an innocent animal. If caught, these people should be strung up in the town square and have the dogs turned loose on them.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    CountFloyd,

Reading this report of dogs (loyal family pets at that too) being poisoned or stabbed or slashed with razors makes me sick and very angry.

This reminds me of something else I've read from time to time that happens on ranches located on or near the USA/Mexico border. It has been reported that illegals sometimes (or often, I don't know) injure/kill the cattle and horses owned by the American ranchers. Why on earth would they do this other than that they are mentally deranged and immoral? Horses and cattle to my knowledge do not alert their owners, as a dog will, to tresspassers. Livestock do not bark or attack. If the illegals are hungry which I'm sure many are (and because they are in a hurry trying to escape detection), they certainly don't have the time to stop, butcher and barbeque or even roast portions of the livestock they kill, so why do they kill them?
    Messing with older folks, kids, and animals would get you special attention from me before I retired.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And, they MIGHT get it even now, huh, COI??!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast