Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Before leaving Manassas (Manexico) I spoke with a police officer that said dog stabbings were happening quite regularly ( Most of the homes in the neighborhood had fenced front yards) and to keep my dog in the backyard.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    And, they MIGHT get it even now, huh, COI??!!!

with out a doubt.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My neighbors were charged with cruelty to animals last year, after poisoning several cats in our community, including my beloved Batty. All of his victims died, either from the poison itself or euthanasia to end their suffering. When the police, accompanied by the director of the local SPCA finally acted on our suspicions, they found 4 cans of anti-freeze laced tuna scattered beneath the shrubbery in front of his house. His punishment? A 250.00 fine and a scolding.

ANYONE that would intentionally harm/kill pets is, IMHO, beneath contempt!

Oh, did I mention the fact that this man and his wife own and show standard poodles?

I agree anyone who would harm an animal, intentionally or otherwise is beneath contempt. I'm not a dog or livestock owner, but after reading some posts here, I'm glad my three cats are indoor pets only. There's too many dangers outside for any pet even in a fenced-in backyard. If giving away free-to-good-home puppies or kittens, know the people you are giving them to - strangers are dangerous in so many ways.

Those arriving from third world countries often do not share the average American's affection for pets, and often treat animals, pets or otherwise, if not with outright cruelty, then with indifference when they witness others inflicting cruel behavior.

What do you expect from third world countries who have little or no human rights? The countries in the world who are the most kind to animals and have the most laws against cruelty to same, are the same ones who also have the most human rights laws on their books and are the most democratic and wealthiest to live in - this is without much exception and can be verified.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

greyparrot--I just feel AWFUL for you and your cat. That INFURIATES me about the slap on the wrist. Those BEASTS should be PROSECUTED and forced to serve time in jail.

annie--I hadn't put two and two together on you hypothesis about people from third world country and animals BUT, about 10 months ago, one of my sons was fishing at our local lake and he said there were nothing but Mexicans fishing around the area. While he was there, a STARVING but BEAUTIFUL Brittany spaniel wandered up to him. He asked around and nobody claimed him. We posted announcements at the two little stores in the area but never heard back from them. OF course, we didn't even THINK to post them in Spanish. This poor dog was covered with fleas and ticks. Just pitiful. So, my other son who has several dogs and a huge fenced in lot, took this dog in and nursed him back to health. But, now that you mentioned that, I'm willing to bet that one of them bought that dog and just neglected him and didn't give a hoot. He IS pretty hyper so they probably just dumped him like he was a sack of trash. And, I've also heard people in my town talk about Mexicans who live in their neighborhoods who keep dogs on SHORT chains where they can't even get to water and shelter. One of my friends started going by during the day when nobody was home and feeding and watering one dog that looked like it was on the verge of starving to death. AND, I have seen, on NUMEROUS occasions, Mexican homes where they have these DANGERSOUS dogs tied on a chain in their yard. I mean pit bulls and that kind of dog. It's scary.

People should be NAILED for poisoning animals and they should not be spared. Anyone who could do that to an innocent animal could do it to a human.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12