Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bill To Increase Number Of Work Visas For Foreign Nurses

House Subcommittee Approves Bill To Increase Number Of Work Visas For Foreign Nurses
    Main Category: Nursing / Midwifery
    Article Date: 05 Aug 2008 - 8:00 PDT

The House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security and International Law on Friday voted 7-2 to approve a bill (HR 5924) that would increase the number of U.S. work visas available annually for foreign nurses, CQ HealthBeat reports.

The legislation, sponsored by Rep. Robert Wexler (D-Fla.), would increase the number of visas to 20,000 annually for three years. In addition, the bill would authorize grants to help nursing schools increase enrollment and develop new nursing education programs. Wexler said that hospitals currently have more than 115,000 vacant nursing positions. According to HHS, the U.S. could face a shortage of more than one million nurses by 2020 (Nylen/Gensheimer, CQ HealthBeat, 8/1).

Reprinted with kind permission from http://www.kaisernetwork.org. You can view the entire Kaiser Daily Health Policy Report, search the archives, or sign up for email delivery at http://www.kaisernetwork.org/dailyreports/healthpolicy. The Kaiser Daily Health Policy Report is published for kaisernetwork.org, a free service of The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation.

© 2008 Advisory Board Company and Kaiser Family Foundation. All rights reserved.
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/117232.php

This is being discussed on Lou Dobbs right now. Nursing schools need to get more instructors to teach nursing. WE DO NOT NEED TO ISSUE VISAS TO FOREIGN PEOPLE. It lowers wages for all nurses. PLUS foreign nurses cant communicate with patients. I dont care if some of them can speak English. Some of the Indian nurses had such thick accents, I couldnt understand a word they said.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hey this is the same Congressman that DOESN'T LIVE IN FLORIDA. An investigation is going on now for this. It could be fraud and he'd be out the door. SHALL WE PRAY!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is amazing that "AMERICA AND HER CITIZENS" have survived and done so very well indeed over all these years and NOW in these past years our GOVERNMENT thinks we need more immigrants to do our jobs here in the United States.

And just when all the other jobs have been EXPORTED to FOREIGN countries..............
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

This is ALL about GREED . Read my lips , GREED . Soon we will have NO paychecks to work , between taxs and the low pay why brother ? Our kids use to be able to plan a future in America . Now i believe if your not "Corrected" you'll have a very hard time reaching your goals . imo
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

I cannot tell you how many people I know ( some in my own family) who want to go to nursing school and become nurses. My cousin graduated from UC Berkeley and cannot get into a nursing program. Not because she isn't qualified, but because there is not enough openings or nursing programs in this country! She's working as an emergency tech now until she can hopefully get into a program.

We have plenty of people in this country who want to become nurses. We also have an extreme need to produce more nurses. Sounds like the perfect opportunity for this country to produce American-educated nurses who can go to work in their chosen profession.

But no, instead of creating additional educational opportunities for those people, this country just imports nurses from countries such as China, India, and many other countries to fill the need!

It's absolutely outrageous!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    I cannot tell you how many people I know ( some in my own family) who want to go to nursing school and become nurses. My cousin graduated from UC Berkeley and cannot get into a nursing program. Not because she isn't qualified, but because there is not enough openings or nursing programs in this country! She's working as an emergency tech now until she can hopefully get into a program.

We have plenty of people in this country who want to become nurses. We also have an extreme need to produce more nurses. Sounds like the perfect opportunity for this country to produce American-educated nurses who can go to work in their chosen profession.

But no, instead of creating additional educational opportunities for those people, this country just imports nurses from countries such as China, India, and many other countries to fill the need!

I would get her to write a letter to her Congress member with that information to refute Wexler's bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo

I would get her to write a letter to her Congress member with that information to refute Wexler's bill.

I have suggested she do that and I think she will give it a shot. But we are dealing with Boxer and Feinstein in the Senate and Susan Davis in the House.

Susan Davis actually sits on one of the Higher Education, Lifelong Learning and Competitiveness Subcommittee. I wonder what her position is on Wexler's bill...

I have suggested she do that and I think she will give it a shot. But we are dealing with Boxer and Feinstein in the Senate and Susan Davis in the House.

Susan Davis actually sits on one of the Higher Education, Lifelong Learning and Competitiveness Subcommittee. I wonder what her position is on Wexler's bill...
    OK what she needs to do is start working for Michael Crimmins. He is running against Susan Davis. He has answered Numbersusa immigration survey and looks very good. I've spoken to him on the phone.

She can reach him here:

CrimminsForCongress@gmail.com

http://www.crimminsforcongress.com/

619-222-1160

He needs more grassroots people to help him.

OK what she needs to do is start working for Michael Crimmins. He is running against Susan Davis. He has answered Numbersusa immigration survey and looks very good. I've spoken to him on the phone.

She can reach him here:

CrimminsForCongress@gmail.com

http://www.crimminsforcongress.com/

619-222-1160

He needs more grassroots people to help him.
    Ok, Thanks Gogo! Will talk to her tonight!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast