Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Bill would legalize illegal immigrants who rat out unscrupulous companies

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bill would legalize illegal immigrants who rat out unscrupulous companies

U.S. Senator Robert Menendez greets supporters as he arrives to court in Newark, N.J., Monday, Oct. 16, 2017 in this file photo. The judge in Menendez’s corruption trial declared a mistrial on Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig) **FILE**

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Illegal immigrants could earn a legal visa if they are willing to rat out employers who are maltreating them under a bill introduced this week in the House and Senate.

The legislation would grant a U visa, which protects victims who report crimes, to migrants who report a labor violation.

Sen. Robert Menendez, the New Jersey Democrat who introduced the Senate version of the bill, said migrants are increasingly under pressure from businesses who have been “emboldened” by President Trump’s crackdown, figuring they can threaten their workers into accepting even worse conditions to avoid being reported.

“At a time when immigrants are facing an unprecedented assault from President Trump and his administration, we need to do all we can to protect immigrant workers from the threat of deportation and retaliation by their employers for reporting labor violations, including unsafe work environments and wage theft,” he said.

Rep. Judy Chu introduced the House version.

She said businesses see Mr. Trump’s stiff stance on illegal immigrant as an “an invitation to dehumanize the immigrants who work for them.”

A U visa allows temporary legal status in the U.S., but those who have earned one can go on to adjust to a green card, signaling legal permanent residency.

The Menendez-Chu legislation is unlikely to gain much traction in a GOP-controlled Congress.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...out-companies/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Menendez-Chu legislation is unlikely to gain much traction in a GOP-controlled Congress.
    Very true thank goodness.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO WAY!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

No way! And why isnt Sen. Robert Menendez in jail already?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They should NOT be working here to begin with. US citizens need to rat out the employers...fine them and deport the illegals.

MW
    Just another attempt at protecting illegal aliens!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Like everyone else here, I do not like rewarding illegal immigrants for their illegal activities, but I believe that this law would help dry up illegal jobs in a short amount of time.

"Anyone who can prove that a business is knowingly hiring illegal immigrants will receive 10% of any monetary judgment that the business must pay for having an illegal workforce. Businesses will not hire illegal immigrants if they know the illegal immigrants that they mistreat will squeal on them."

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by philipbrown View Post
    Like everyone else here, I do not like rewarding illegal immigrants for their illegal activities, but I believe that this law would help dry up illegal jobs in a short amount of time.

"Anyone who can prove that a business is knowingly hiring illegal immigrants will receive 10% of any monetary judgment that the business must pay for having an illegal workforce. Businesses will not hire illegal immigrants if they know the illegal immigrants that they mistreat will squeal on them."
    So, all they have to do then is treat their illegal right? I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. In my view there are better ways that don't include rewarding illegal aliens.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegal aliens go to work ILLEGALLY.

A couple of them come up with plan to LIE and rat out an employer who did not treat them badly.

Fast track themselves right to the head of the line for a legal Visa!

ANOTHER SCAM ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!

A BIG FAT NO WAY, NO HOW...IT WILL BE EXPLOITED BY THESE PARASITES TOO!

I wish to clarify what I said. I was saying that ANYONE who shows that ANY business is using illegal labor would be rewarded. So if an American citizen who do not work for the business can prove that it is hiring illegal labor, they would get the reward. The reason why I used the word "mistreat" was to stress that since a lot of illegal immigrants angry about being mistreated by their employers, they would feel very little loyalty to them and more likely to turn them into ICE.

I am not crazy about this idea either, but I do think it would be effective in drying up illegal jobs if every employer was afraid that his own employees was going to turn him in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast