Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Bloomberg:'We are committing national suicide' - W POLL

Poll Results
    Thank you for voting.

Should New York do more to address illegal immigration?

Yes 90%
    No 8%
    I don't know 2%
    ===============================================

Comments (425)
    Mayor Bloomberg slams Arizona's anti-immigrant law: 'We are committing national suicide'
    BY William Sherman and Adam Lisberg

Originally Published:Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 11:59 PM
    Updated: Thursday, April 29th 2010, 9:14 AM

Smith for NewsMayor Bloomberg calls on President Obama to fight against the nation's immigration rules. Take our PollImmigration Plan

Yes
    No
    I don't know

Related NewsArticlesBloomberg: How Arizona's law will hurt AmericaArizona family: New immigration law will break us apartOpponents of immigration law want ban of Arizona Iced Tea - which is brewed in NYGonzalez: Immigration advocates rising up in anger across the nationDaly: Descendant of immigrants wants to slam 'golden door'Mexican President Calderon condemns Arizona's immigration lawFuror over Arizona's new immigration law continues to growA fired-up Mayor Bloomberg warned the U.S. "is committing national suicide" by passing the buck on implementing comprehensive immigration reform.

Hizzoner delivered the blunt message Wednesday as he criticized Arizona's harsh new anti-immigrant law.

"This is not good for the country. I don't agree with it," he said. "We love immigrants here."

Bloomberg said that because federal lawmakers have failed to tackle the thorny issue, lawmakers in states like Arizona have taken matters into their own hands.

"This country is committing national suicide," Bloomberg said.

The Arizona law allows cops to stop anyone they think is in the country illegally and arrest folks who can't prove their immigration status or citizenship.

Bloomberg deemed it an invitation to harassment.

"We have to get real about the 12 million undocumented here," the mayor said. "We're not going to deport them. Give them permanent status. Don't make them citizens unless they can qualify, but give them permanent status and let's get on with this."

Bloomberg spoke as he thanked volunteers at the "Citizenship Now!" hotline sponsored by the Daily News and City University of New York, which helps callers who want to know how to become citizens.

He called on President Obama to lead the fight to overhaul the nation's immigration rules. "I will be there behind him supporting him 100%," he said.

Bloomberg long has been a supporter of immigration reform, saying current law deters international companies from sending employees through border hassles to work in the U.S. - and freezes out the highly skilled immigrants America needs.

"We don't have doctors, and we're not allowing people who want to come here and be doctors to come here," the mayor said. "This is just craziness."

"People are developing new drugs in India, rather than here. They're going to win the next Nobel Prize in China or in Europe, not here. If we want to have a future, we need to have more immigrants here."

alisberg@nydailynews.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... fixed.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Arizona law allows cops to stop anyone they think is in the country illegally and arrest folks who can't prove their immigration status or citizenship.
    I am so SICK of seeing these lies coming from the left. They have been told until blue in the face that the cops are NOT going to just stop people on the streets and deport them! They HAVE to have reason to stop them, pull them over etc for breaking the law FIRST, then ask immigration status after. Grow a brain you leftist dolts! What a bunch of total block heads!!!!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

lol

Now that is a typical Politician's blatant lie. 'We are committing national suicide'

On the contrary Mr Bloomberg, we are doing the complete opposite.

Poll Results
    Thank you for voting.

Yes 90%
    No 8%
    I don't know 2%
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Yes 90%
    No 8%
    I don't know 2%

Percentages still the same.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Poll Results

Yes 90%
    No 8%
    I don't know 2%

He's a BLOOMing idiot!

"We have to get real about the 12 million undocumented here," the mayor said. "We're not going to deport them. Give them permanent status. Don't make them citizens unless they can qualify, but give them permanent status and let's get on with this."
    Uhh illegal aliens don't want citizenship, or they would have come legally. They just want our jobs and our money. They want to be able to collect all taxpayer funded freebies they can get so they can build their big new houses back in the home country.

Who says we can't deport them? Ike deported 15 million 50 years ago, so can we. Better yet, enforce the laws and they will leave, just like they're going to leave AZ.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

We have 20 million unemployed here who would love to take a couple of illegals back across the border, and then have their jobs to come back to.

I guess you titled it better than I did.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-196891.html

Bloom-schmuck needs to mind his own dam business and stop sticking his nose into other states affairs. This is the same guy who sued gun dealers from various states down South who sold guns LAWFULLY to people and then the guns somehow found their way into the hands of Criminals in NYC, so Bloomturd decided to sue the gun dealers because of that.

I had a constitutional law professor in college who was also a retired Criminal Defense attorney for 35 years. He stated that NYC and Bloomberg are definetely violating the Second Amendment of the Constitution.

This guy has done a terrible job as mayor of NYC. He has intensified the city's image as a Sanctuary city for illegals, he has imposed taxes on just about everything imaginable including food and soda.

He tried desperately to make the residents of NYC pay a hefty toll just to drive from uptown to downtown(luckily he wasn't successful with that one yet). He is a pandering, elitist, capitalist midget who bribed his way into a third term as mayor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast