Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border Patrol agent held in solitary confinement

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53897

Border Patrol agent held in solitary confinement
    'They act like he's Charles Manson,' father-in-law tells WND

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: January 23, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Former U.S. Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos embraced his wife, Monica Ramos, two days before he was sentenced to 11 years in prison (Courtesy El Paso Times)

Imprisoned former Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos not only is being held in prison for trying to halt a fleeing drug smuggler, he's being held in solitary confinement, a relative told WND in an exclusive interview.

Joe Loya, Ramos' father-in-law, told WND that Ramos is being held in conditions usually reserved for extraordinarily dangerous or trouble-making inmates.

"They have Ignacio in a 6 foot by 12 foot cell," Loya told WND in a telephone interview from El Paso. "There are no bars, just a steel door, and no window. He has no television and nothing to do. He is fed in his cell and let out only for one hour after 23 hours in the cell. He is then taken to a room with a television where he is allowed to watch the TV for an hour before he is returned to solitary confinement."
    Loya said his daughter met with her husband for an hour on Friday.

"Ignacio was heavily shackled," Loya said, "and he could barely hold the telephone to speak."

Loya explained that his daughter met with her husband in the prison in a room where they were separated by a glass barrier.

"It was just like Ignacio was Charlie Manson," Loya explained. "My daughter couldn't believe how her husband was being treated."

Loya told WND that the family believes that the federal prosecutor, U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton, introduced into the trial inaccurate or incomplete testimony provided by the drug dealer, Osbaldo Aldrete-Davila, as well as from other Border Patrol agents who the federal prosecutors had pressured prior to the trial.

"I can't believe how Ignacio is being treated," Loya told WND. "He has been a federal agent for years and he has been involved in many drug busts. I am convinced that the U.S. attorney has a grudge against my son-in-law and I cannot believe how mean and determined Johnny Sutton has been to see my son imprisoned for doing nothing more than trying to stop a drug smuggler he and Jose Compean believed was armed and dangerous."

Loya explained to WND that Aldrete-Davila had beaten and cut Compean in the struggle that occurred in the ditch as Aldrete-Davila was trying to escape.

"The prosecutors say that Compean was going to beat Aldrete-Davila with his shotgun. How could that be? Aldrete-Davila is over six feet tall and Compean is about five feet five inches. Compean would have been afraid that Aldrete-Davila would have taken the shotgun from him and beat him or shot him with it. The story at the trial that the prosecutors offered the jury didn’t make any sense."

Loya told WND that he had sat through the entire trial. A complete transcript of the trial is not yet available and Loya told WND that the U.S. attorney's office told him that the trial transcript would cost $3 per page. "At over 3,000 pages, that means we have to come up with $9,000 just to get a copy of the transcript. And besides, it isn't available yet and the prosecutors' office can’t tell us when it will be available."

Ramos and Compean are in federal prison today, after they were ordered to jail by U.S. District Court Judge Kathleen Cordone. Cordone dismissed the defense argument that the two Border Patrol were no "flight risk" while they were waiting appeal. Judge Compean also denied Ramos and Compean's request for a new trial after there were reports that three jurors said they were coerced to vote guilty.

The White House to date has declined to intervene, and the talking points continue to stress themes articulated by Sutton, who in an exclusive interview last week with WND claimed the two agents "shot 15 times at an unarmed, fleeing man," after which the agents "decided to lie about it, cover it up, destroy the evidence, pick up all the shell casings and throw them away where we couldn't find them, destroy the crime scene and then file a false report."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just a thought, I would think it would be much safer for Ramos and Compean to be in solitary right now, better then being out with the illegal immigrants and the MS-13 gang bangers, I really worry about their safety in the general public of the prison.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

lets see, a trial that last 2 1/2 weeks has 3000 pages of testimony ?
    and cost three dollars a page?? sounds a little steep to me

how does one in that short a trial use 3000 pages??
    it should be free based on the freedom of information act.
    and to say the transcript is not available when the trial has been
    over for ALMOST A YEAR is either a lie or they dont want it made
    public. how sad a day is this in US history?