Border Patrol Union Chief says Trump won on the border security despite not being at debate

"What I know is action, and what I got from President Trump was action. He secured the border," Brandon Judd said.

By Charlotte Hazard
Updated: August 29, 2023 - 6:36pm

National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd said that former President Donald Trump won on the issue of border security despite not being at the first GOP primary debate.

"I was just asked on another network whether I watched the debates and who I thought won on border security," Judd said on the Tuesday edition of the "Just the News, No Noise" TV show. "I said it doesn't matter what they say. What I know is action, and what I got from President Trump was action. He secured the border."

"So even though he wasn't there at the debate, in my opinion, he won," he continued. "Because he's already given us the action that is necessary. He's already paved the way."

Trump ran the much of his 2016 presidential campaign on securing the southern border and building a wall to stop illegal immigration.

The 45th president skipped the first GOP primary debate and instead dropped a pre-recorded interview with former Fox News host Tucker Carlson on X, the platform previously called Twitter.

Judd said that in order to get the border under control, there have to be good policies in place.

"We don't need more infrastructure," he said. "We don't need more technology. We don't even need more personnel. What we have to have is policy. Start there. Once we see how that goes, then we can evaluate what's needed after that. But we have seen time and time again that policy works."

https://justthenews.com/government/s...ue-despite-not