Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border Racial Profiling Alleged

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/d ... 49752.html

Border racial profiling alleged

06:38 AM CDT on Tuesday, May 23, 2006
    Associated Press

EL PASO – Saying he is worried about possible racial profiling in El Paso County, a South Texas lawmaker has asked Gov. Rick Perry to specify how the Texas Border Sheriffs Coalition is permitted to spend nearly $10 million in border security grant money.

State Sen. Juan Hinojosa, D-McAllen, said in a letter that he was concerned that El Paso County Sheriff Leo Samaniego is using a $376,500 grant to run roadblocks and raids aimed at ferreting out illegal immigrants. He said he worried that people are being detained on a hunch that they "look" illegal. He said some residents have complained that they were asked for Social Security cards as a tactic to figure out if they were illegal immigrants.

Sheriff Samaniego denied any wrongdoing Monday.

Perry officials said the governor has not formally responded to Mr. Hinojosa's letter.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If you are El Paso, Texas who do you think you should be stopping?

Okay lets stop white, black, and oriental people to find out if they are coming across the border from MEXICO illegally.

You know, this is how they were keeping us quite in the past, accusing us of being racist. Well I don't care any more. Your name calling is not going to stop me.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sheriff Samaniego denied any wrongdoing Monday.
    The Sheriff's name sounds like it may be hispanic. Is he racially profiling his own people? I think not.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

I lived in El Paso. Worked in Juarez every day. Each time you come back across the US side asks your citizenship...no matter what you look like. Also, In Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, And California I have encountered random border patrol road blocks in the state, not on the border. This has gone on for years. At these road block's they again ask your citizenship. No one has complained about racial profiling. So, now what this really gets down to is that this person is trying to complain because it will be non-US border patrol asking the same questions. It it's not racial profiling for the Border patrol, then it should not racial profiling for local law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican
    I lived in El Paso. Worked in Juarez every day. Each time you come back across the US side asks your citizenship...no matter what you look like. Also, In Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, And California I have encountered random border patrol road blocks in the state, not on the border. This has gone on for years. At these road block's they again ask your citizenship. No one has complained about racial profiling. So, now what this really gets down to is that this person is trying to complain because it will be non-US border patrol asking the same questions. It it's not racial profiling for the Border patrol, then it should not racial profiling for local law enforcement.
    Exactly!! As long as they are stopping everyone at these checkpoints there should be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    You know, this is how they were keeping us quite in the past, accusing us of being racist. Well I don't care any more. Your name calling is not going to stop me.

Dixie
    Absolutely, TRIXIE!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)