Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bordering on Insanity: Pardon Patrol Agents Now Mr. Preside

http://www.tothecenter.com/news.php?readmore=457

Bordering on Insanity: Pardon Patrol Agents Now Mr. President
    I plead President Bush to please pardon U.S. Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean - who soon face 12 years in prison for not reporting they had shot a drug smuggler in the butt.

The smuggler, who had nearly 750 pounds of marijuana, was given immunity to testify against the agents.

Republican Congressman Rep. Dana Rohrabacher of California says - at most - the agents deserved a reprimand for not reporting they discharged their weapons.

Rohrabacher told Fox News today the agents were “doing their job” adding the government is “destroying the life of good guys” while giving “the bad guys” immunity.

Asking President Bush for a “Christmas pardon,” Rohrabacher said the extensive rules surrounding border agents firing the weapons while facing heavily armed Mexican drugs dealers and gang members “a stupid policy.”

Over 150,000 people have signed an online petition to prevent the agents from going to jail on January 17.

Calling the prison term “a tremendous betrayal,” agent Compean told Fox News he has hope for their appeal, but the congressman added that a pardon from President Bush is the agents’ only hope to stay out of prison.

“Call the White House and demand a pardon, Congressman Rohrabacher told Fox.
    You can sign the petition at:
    www.grassfire.org
    You can call the White House at:
    202-456-1111.

YOOPERNEWSMAN on December 21 2006 08:20:25 1 Comments · ·

Comments
    JMcMahon007 on December 21 2006 12:35:13
    Wait...he was given immunity to testify against the agents???? What the....? Oh my gosh! Will the irony never cease. I am going to sign the petition. Thanks for letting us know about this!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

i have posted extensively on this and to this day still wonder how a jury can go from 9-3 for acquittal to 12-0 guilty and when three jurors come forth and claim harassment and tampering the judge has nothing to do with it

the foremen came back in and said he was told by the judge that they will not leave the room without a verdict. only problem is the judge never said that
    another juror said next week is SPRING BREAK and im not going to be here

whats wrong with this picture

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    i have posted extensively on this and to this day still wonder how a jury can go from 9-3 for acquittal to 12-0 guilty and when three jurors come forth and claim harassment and tampering the judge has nothing to do with it

the foremen came back in and said he was told by the judge that they will not leave the room without a verdict. only problem is the judge never said that
    another juror said next week is SPRING BREAK and im not going to be here

whats wrong with this picture
    Yes, james, there has been numerous posts here for months re the insanity of this situation re these border patrol agents. Countless letters have been sent to the president and the Attorney General Gonzales - silence so far. Even my own senator Feinstein sent a letter to Arlen Specter back in Aug. asking for a Judicial Committee meeting be held but was one done before they recessed? NO! Guess the repubs were pouting and sour about the elections. This issue isn't going away, we won't let it. And thank goodness there are some good reps, like Rohrbacher, who won't let this go away either.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

that reminds me. i wonder what happened at the public rally and press conference Rohrbacher (sp) was having today in santa ana.
    i havent heard or seen anything on TV about it

that reminds me. i wonder what happened at the public rally and press conference Rohrbacher (sp) was having today in santa ana.
    i havent heard or seen anything on TV about it
    That's what I was looking for when I found the above. Was to be a rally today at 10 am at the Santa Ana courthouse. Perhaps Rohrbacher was quoted from there? We'll find something in the news, somewhere. We know how the lamestream media is.

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    We know how the lamestream media is.
    Yes how right you are!

I stand corrected. Rally is at 1:30pm so perhaps going on as I type this.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_4877269

Press conference today for convicted border agents
    Article Launched:12/21/2006 12:00:00 AM PST

Convicted U.S. Border Patrol agent Jose Alonso Compean has traveled more than 2,000 miles to thank thousands of supporters and congressional leaders for helping him and his co-worker.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beyond Borders Special Section: Complete immigration news & Multimedia
    Talk Back on immigration: Beyond Borders Blog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In October, Compean and fellow agent Ignacio Ramos each were sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for the nonfatal shooting of a Mexican drug smuggler. Their case, first reported in the Daily Bulletin last August, has garnered national attention, with at least two online petitions seeking presidential pardons for the agents.
    Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Orange County, will hold a press conference today at the Old Orange County Courthouse in Santa Ana in another attempt to get President Bush to acknowledge the agents' situation.

White House officials have not commented on the case.

Compean, who plans to attend the press conference with his wife, Patty, drove from Texas to Southern California for the event. He said he is grateful for the support he and his family have received.

"I just want to thank everyone for giving my family something to believe in," Compean said during a visit to the newspaper Wednesday.

The press conference will begin at 1:30 p.m. at 211 W. Santa Ana Blvd. Andy Ramirez, chairman of Chino-based Friends of the Border Patrol, also will attend.

- Sara A. Carter, (909) 483-8552

~~~~~
    Sara Carter, that name is familiar. Hasn't she personally helped them?

sara carter is the reported from the ontario newspaper who has written approximately 15-20 articles on this case alone.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/beyondborders

click this and look at the articls and have fun reading them

there is one article that says the drug runner and his immediate family were given FREE US CITIZENSHIP and help with LIVING EXPENSES............... of course at US taxpayer expense

THE report aired at 15 past.
    the white house apparently while this press conference was taking place in california issued a statement saying that these two did USE EXCESSIVE FORCE and deserve the sentence they got

On Lou Dobb's show tonight they said the White House responded re the agents and said something about although the sentence for the agents seemed severe the agents were wrong, something to that effect. I'm sure we can get the transcript later. I'm fuming!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast