Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bradenton PD: Burglary suspect on hold for ICE after assaulting officer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bradenton PD: Burglary suspect on hold for ICE after assaulting officer

Bradenton PD: Burglary suspect on hold for ICE after assaulting officer

By: Kimberly Kuizon, FOX 13 News

BRADENTON (FOX 13) - The Bradenton Police Department released surveillance video of one of its lieutenants grappling with a suspect who was later determined to be in the U.S. illegally.

Lieutenant William Weldon went to a jewelry store on 9th Street West after a burglar alarm went off. He found a shattered window and 23-year-old Isaac Dubon, of Bradenton, in the store.

Lt. Weldon said the suspect complied until he holstered his gun. The lieutenant says that's when Dubon struck. Dubon put the lieutenant in a headlock and the men engaged in a 90-second wrestling match. At one point, Weldon said Dubon tried to gouge Weldon's eyes.
    "I was afraid for my life. I didn't know what to expect from him. All I knew was I needed to keep him under control until my backup officers got there," Weldon said during a news conference Wednesday morning. "I feel like I would have been justified in shooting him. Deadly force is supposed to be used as a last resort and I had one other resort and I used it."

The 15-year veteran of the force pulled out his gun, and as the suspect approached, he pistol whipped him, knocking him to the ground.
    "I couldn't see. I was in pain and I was tired. I was just trying to recompose myself. You go through your head to see if there was anything else you could have done to prevent the entire incident, but my main goal was to be with my family," he said.

At that moment, other officers arrived to help place Dubon into custody.
    Bradenton Chief of Police Melanie Bevan said Weldon had been humble about the whole ordeal.
    "[Weldon] told me in his southern draw, 'Ma'am, the thing that I am most grateful for is that it was me that walked through the door and not one of the officers under my command,'" Chief Bevan said.

Dubon is being held on a $12,000 bond, and is expected to face a number of charges. Bradenton Police said Dubon is a suspect in other burglaries in the area. They said Dubon is in the U.S illegally. He's in the Manatee County jail and is being placed on hold for ICE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal Immigrant Burglarizes Store, Attacks Cop

by BREITBART TEXAS
    6 Apr 2017
    Bradenton, FL

A lieutenant with the Bradenton Police Department is lucky to be alive after being attacked by a criminal illegal immigrant.

Bradenton Police Department Lieutenant William Weldon was responding to a burglar alarm at a local jewelry store in western Florida when he encountered 23-year-old Isaac Dubon inside, according to FOX 13.

While Lt. Weldon’s pistol was drawn, Dubon obeyed instructions. Once Lt. Weldon decided to holster his weapon, Dubon turned violent.

Video footage shows that Dubon put Lt. Weldon in a headlock as the two men wrestled for a couple of minutes. Footage also shows two separate attempts where Dubon attempted to grab Lt. Weldon’s gun. As he started to become desperate, Dubon even tried to gouge Lt. Weldon’s eyes.

(video may be viewed at source link below)

“I was afraid for my life,” Lt. Weldon said. “I didn’t know what to expect from him. All I knew was I needed to keep him under control until my backup officers got there.”

Lt. Weldon contemplated shooting Dubon during the attack but decided against it as he wanted to exhaust all other options before pulling the trigger.

“I feel like I would have been justified in shooting him. Deadly force is supposed to be used as a last resort and I had one other resort and I used it,” Lt. Weldon said.

Instead of shooting Dubon, Lt. Weldon pistol whipped him once he broke free of the headlock. Dubon was knocked to the ground, almost unconscious. At that moment, backup arrived on scene.

After the attack, law enforcement learned that Dubon was in the United States illegally. He now faces eventual deportation proceedings.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/...e-attacks-cop/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn