Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BREAKING: Illegals lining up for Operation Scheduled Dep

Am watching the news on Good Morning AZ right now and they just did a story on Operation Scheduled Departure which starts today and the feds are also advertising through fliers being passed out.

Looks like IAs ARE taking the government up on their offer!!!

Live shot from News Chopper 3 just showed more than 20 people lined up.

Will report more as it comes up.

www.azfamily.com/ - 105k -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Awesome! Today is just full of good news.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Lining up bright and early. Has video of them lining up at 6:30am...

http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepageto ... 5b132.html
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

The program targets illegal immigrants who have ignored past deportation orders.

If those people turn themselves in, ICE will give them three months to get their affairs in order and leave the country.

Immigration officials hope that the nearly 500,000 illegal immigrants who are eligible will participate in the government program.

Video from NewsChopper 3 showed more than a dozen people lined up outside Mexican Consulate at 19th Avenue and Camelback Road at about 6:30 a.m.

Operation Scheduled Departure is not just a Phoenix program. Chicago, Charlotte, N.C., Santa Ana and San Diego are also taking part in the experiment.
    Three months? [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Awesome! Today is just full of good news.

It is awesome, isn't it? I wonder what's going on with this in the other states? Or if the news will even report it?

That's one of the things I love about 3TV, they aren't afraid to report on the immigration problem and have no qualms about using the word "illegal".

And today is the day that animal in Texas gets his Scheduled Departure as well, isn't it? Yep.....definitely a day of good news.........

Javier Soto just reported from the ground about the program but said the people lined up were apparently not to take advantage of the program. Just the regular crowd taking care of usual personal business........

Oh well, so much for that........

I'm sure we'll hear something later on.

People line up for Operation Scheduled Departure

PHOENIX — Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents are handing out fliers Tuesday to kick off a new program called Operation Scheduled Departure.

RAW: People line up outside Mexican Consulate

The program targets illegal immigrants who have ignored past deportation orders.

If those people turn themselves in, ICE will give them three months to get their affairs in order and leave the country.

Immigration officials hope that the nearly 500,000 illegal immigrants who are eligible will participate in the government program.

Video from NewsChopper 3 showed more than a dozen people lined up outside Mexican Consulate at 19th Avenue and Camelback Road at about 6:30 a.m.

Operation Scheduled Departure is not just a Phoenix program. Chicago, Charlotte, N.C., Santa Ana and San Diego are also taking part in the experiment.
    http://oneoldvet.com/?p=7582

Contrary to the recent reports of illegals "leaving on their own" I expect this program to be a bust. There may be a few that take advantage of the situation for a free ride home, but only when the Border Patrol alerts us that illegals are backed up at the border, trying to cross back into Mexico, will I begin to believe they are leaving.

Illegals are still entering our country at a higher rate than they are being deported, or leaving on their own. Yes, I do believe they are relocating, as a few selected areas bring enough pressure to bear, to force them to move, but few are leaving our country.

-----------------I.C.E. DEPORTATIONS----------------
    --2002-----2003------2004------2005-------2006------2007------2008(ends 9/30)
    116,154--145,935--162,014---151,579---185,431--276,912-- 235,751(07/07)

------------------I.C.E. WORKPLACE ARRESTS-----------------
    2002-----2003-----2004-------2005------2006-------2007------2008(ends 9/30)
    -510------517-------845--------1296------4383-------4940------4449(07/12)

----------SOUTHWEST BORDER PATROL APPREHENSIONS-------
    --2003--------2004---------2005--------2006-------2007------2008(ends 09/30)
    905,065---1,139,282---1,189,108---1,071,972---858,638--578,774(06/30)

I agree with Buzz. I do think that they're leaving Oklahoma and perhaps some of the other jurisdictions with 287g, or where the Fed gov't has done some sort of major worksite enforcement. But they're still coming across the border every day. Not to mention all of those from other countries who overstay their visas. It's good to have some positive news about them leaving OK and GA and perhaps a few other places, but let's not get too carried away. This self-deportation thing will probably work for a short time, but why do most of them want to self-deport when there's actually very little chance that the gov't will ever catch them, with such a huge backlog of them and so few law enforcement officers out there? I'd like the self-deportation idea to work and hope it does, but I remain highly skeptical of it. When the gov't starts going after one major (like a McDonald's or Tyson's Chicken) employer per WEEK, you may see some major relocating of the illegals. Until then, one or two major enforcement efforts per YEAR really won't do a whole lot, except for the immediate town or city that was the target of the enforcement.

Ostrich

Hell - for a free airline ticket to Mexico or even Europe or Africa I might go and turn myself in. And I'm not even an illegal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast