Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar

BREAKING: Lou Dobbs to Depart CNN

November 11, 2009, 6:21 pm

Lou Dobbs to Depart CNN
    By BRIAN STELTER AND BILL CARTER

Robert Caplin for The New York Times

Lou Dobbs at the anchor desk at CNN’s New York studio in 2006. Lou Dobbs, the longtime CNN anchor whose anti-immigration views made him a TV lightning rod, plans to announce Wednesday that he is leaving the network, two network employees said.

A CNN executive confirmed that Mr. Dobbs will announce his resignation plans on his 7 p.m. program. His resignation is effective immediately; tonight’s program will be his last on CNN. His contract was not set to expire until the end of 2011.

Mr. Dobbs informed his staff members of his intentions in a meeting Wednesday afternoon. He did not immediately respond to a telephone call seeking comment.

Well known for his political positions, Mr. Dobbs is an outlier at CNN, which has sought to position itself as a middle ground of sorts in the fractious cable news arena. Perhaps hinting at plans for an exit from CNN, Mr. Dobbs met with Roger Ailes, the chairman of the Fox News Channel, last month. At the time Mr. Dobbs was viewed as a potential hire for the Fox Business Network.

The CNN employees said Wednesday that they did not know if Mr. Dobbs was moving to another network. He has placed new emphasis in recent months on his afternoon radio show, which debuted in March 2008.

Last month the New Jersey State Police were called to Mr. Dobbs home to investigate a report of gunfire. Mr. Dobbs suggested that his family had been singled out because of his views on illegal immigration and border security.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2 ... epart-cnn/

Lou has quit before. Let's see what he says tonight.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE
    I hope he goes to Fox.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow. He is announcing it tonight. I hope he goes to FOX.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    I hope he goes to Fox.
    Me too! Hope CNN's ratings down down the toilet too.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    I hope he goes to Fox.
    Me too! Hope CNN's ratings down down the toilet too.
    My sentiments exactly!

I just watched it.

Right now I am speechless.

W

He could run for office, perhaps against Gillibrand.

I don't know what to think.........CNN's ratings are already the lowest BTW FOX is #1 still
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Greener Pastures.

Really, what did CNN have to offer him? I mean just look at the other anchors on that network. Couldn't be a better example of the red headed step-child.

Dixie

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast