Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BREAKING NEWS: BORDER PATROL SHOOTING : SAN DIEGO

I JUST DROVE BY THIS INCIDENT ON MY WAY TO WORK.
    IT WAS A GOOD THING I WAS GOING SOUTH AND THE INCIDENT WAS ON THE NORTHBOUND SIDE.

R/ SKIP

Tuesday Traffic

San Diego Traffic: Map | Speeds | Accidents

Shooting probe closes lanes

6:12 AM February 6, 2007
    The investigation into a shooting involving the Border Patrol and a suspected smuggler's vehicle has shut down all or part of state Route 905 at La Media Road and has jammed northbound traffic on Interstate 15 just south of Ted Williams Parkway/state Route 56, where the incident apparently came to an end with a traffic stop. Authorities appear to have two northbound lanes, and traffic is backed up to at least Mercy Road, with slowing starting at Mira Mesa Boulevard.

More on the shooting on the UT's Newsblog.

Meanwhile, speeds on southbound I-15 approaching Lake Hodges are in their usual morning under-20-mph mode, which is, at least, more routine.

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/news/w ... index.html

Thanks for the info skip. These illegals are getting more and more brazen. It won't stop until we show them we are serious about enforcing the law.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

February 06, 2007
    Border Patrol shooting in Otay
    There was a shooting in Otay Mesa this morning involving a U.S. Border Patrol agent. Only scant information has been released.

The California Highway Patrol received a call at 4:35 a.m. that the driver of a U-Haul panel truck suspected of carrying illegal immigrants had tried to run down a federal agent at La Media Road and Airway Road. The vehicle's driver took off and was stopped by authorities on northbound Interstate 15 just south of Ted Williams Parkway.

It is not clear is anything or anyone was hit. The CHP reports that traffic is coming to a stop on I-15 at Poway Road, which may be as a result of the investigation. Authorities have shut down all or part of state Route 905 at La Media Road.

Posted by Debbi Farr Baker at 05:56 AM
    Comments (0) | Link to this

February 05, 2007

Many illegals are brazen. You just didn't hear much about it in the past. I know that the Coast Guard has knives pulled on them regularly by Cubans who get caught at sea.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    Many illegals are brazen. You just didn't hear much about it in the past. I know that the Coast Guard has knives pulled on them regularly by Cubans who get caught at sea.
    I kind of wonder if this is why are government is affraid of enforceing our laws, I think they are affraid of an all out war between Mexican citizens and U.S. citizens, and I think they believe these people, when they say we are not going back!!I also think some people in our government were just as suprised as the rest of us when the marches took place in may, and saw just how gigantic the problem really is!!
    They have become very brazen!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Border agent fires on suspicious van, arrest made

By Debbi Farr Baker and Angelica Martinez
    UNION-TRIBUNE BREAKING NEWS TEAM

8:34 a.m. February 6, 2007

ANGELICA MARTINEZ / Union-Tribune
    Border Patrol agents and investigators gather at the scene of an early morning event in which a vehicle allegedly tried to run over an agent who, in turn, fired upon the fleeing vehicle.
    OTAY MESA – A U.S. Border Patrol agent fired a shot at a suspicious vehicle Tuesday morning after its driver tried to back into him, authorities said.
    The driver was later pulled over on Interstate 15 in Sabre Springs and taken into custody. He was the only person in the truck.

Two agents pulled over the U-Haul panel truck near state Route 905 just north east of the Otay Mesa border crossing just after 4:30 a.m., said Border Patrol Agent James Jacques.

The truck was considered suspicious because it was in an area known for drug and immigrant smuggling, said Border Patrol Agent Gabriel Guerrero.

Guerrero said the agents had gotten out of their vehicle and one of them was standing behind the truck when its driver put it into reverse and tried to run him down.

The other agent fired at least one shot at the truck, hitting the cab, Guerrero said. Its driver then took off and headed north.

Undercover Border Patrol agents in unmarked cars followed the truck and, with help from San Diego police officers, pulled it over on northbound Interstate 15 at Ted Williams Parkway, Jacques said.

The driver was arrested, Guerrero said. His immigration status was unknown.

No one was injured in the shooting.

The right two lanes of I-15 were shut down for the investigation, jamming northbound traffic. Authorities also shut down the intersection of La Media and Airport Roads to control traffic during their investigation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Debbi Baker: (619) 293-1710; debbi.baker@uniontrib.com
    Martinez: (619) 293-1317; angelica.martinez@uniontrib.com

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metr ... rder2.html

There is no need to bring this nonsense into our cities...stop it at the border.

Officer-involved shooting ties up northbound I-15

By: North County Times

SAN DIEGO ---- An officer-involved shooting today at the U.S.-Mexico border led to a pursuit that tied up northbound Interstate 15 for hours this morning in the Rancho Penasquitos area, authorities said.

They said no one was hurt when a Border Patrol agent fired shortly before dawn in Otay Mesa at a rental van suspected of being used to haul illegal immigrants into this country. The driver allegedly tried to ram the agent.

The truck and driver were chased up northbound I-15 and agents pulled the U-Haul panel truck over shortly before 5 a.m. on the freeway, just south of Highway 56 in Rancho Penasquitos, said Agent Damon Foreman, Border Patrol spokesman.

The two right lanes of northbound I-15 were shut down for the investigation, causing a backup into Mira Mesa in San Diego. A traffic alert was declared at 7:07 a.m.

"They apprehended the driver," Foreman said.

He said it wasn't known yet whether other people were in custody.

San Diego police will conduct the shooting investigation and the Border Patrol will investigate the suspicious truck situation, said the spokesman.

The case began, Foreman said, when an agent spotted the orange and white truck about 4:30 a.m. in an area without homes or businesses at the base of Otay Mountain.

"It was pretty much off the road," he said.

The spokesman said the agent followed the suspicious vehicle to the intersection of highways 905 and 125 in Otay Mesa, then pulled it over. The agent got out to talk to the truck driver, Foreman said.

"As he approached the truck, the driver put the truck in reverse and tried to pin the agent between his vehicle and the truck," said Foreman.

The agent fired his gun at the truck, which took off, authorities said.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02 ... ogcomments

Comments On This Story

Note: Comments reflect the views of readers and not necessarily those of the North County Times or its staff.

RG wrote on February 06, 2007 8:10 AM:"Ah, more illegals. But they just come here to do what Americans won't do. Right?"

Got 'em! wrote on February 06, 2007 8:27 AM:"Open borders Bush sez: Just doing the jobs Americans don't want to do! Hard working! Helping us! Family values! Who will pick the lettuce! Amnesty for all! Yata, yata....ha,ha..."

Does this mean that 2 more BP are going to
    go to jail for firing their weapon?

I would assume that trying to run a BP agent over with
    a car is assult with a deadly weapon. Is it considered
    justifiable to fire a weapon then?

Skip wrote on February 06, 2007 9:26 AM:"Oh Oh, The Border patrol fired at a fleeing truck. You know what that means!"

Skip wrote on February 06, 2007 9:27 AM:"I am so glad I was driving Southbound on the 15, while the incident was on the Northbound side. The traffic is still screwed up."

Syl wrote on February 06, 2007 9:28 AM:"I wish the Border patrol was learn to shoot better. They should hit what they aim at."

Gary in Murrieta wrote on February 06, 2007 9:30 AM:"I wonder if the driver can sue the Border Patrol, Police and the U.S. Government, since the agents shot at him while he was running away. I hope the guy gets 20 years in prison just for tieing up traffic for the entire morning."

To: Sly wrote on February 06, 2007 10:18 AM:"I wish you would learn to spell better."

K in Temecula wrote on February 06, 2007 10:35 AM:"Hey Sly...check the grammer/spelling in your response before you tell someone else to check their spelling! These comments are about content, not grammer/spelling anyway!"

Not being graded wrote on February 06, 2007 10:43 AM:" didn't know we would be corrected for grammar. I understood their point. I hope the Border Patrol doesn't get in trouble for shooting at the car. Who knows what will happen. With Border Patrol agents Compean and Ramos in prison for shooting a drug smuggler. I thought I read somewhere that he (smuggler) is suing! What is this country coming to? When a man with a Badge goes to jail for shooting a felon? I am appalled!"

AW4cryinoutloud wrote on February 06, 2007 10:49 AM:"Now; Somebody please sit on the jerk prosecutor who keeps going after those in law enforcement who are just trying to do their jobs and defend themselves in the process!!!"

esteban wrote on February 06, 2007 11:04 AM:"Well...the smugglers/criminals know that if they can bait the US officers into a shooting, they can sue the US gov't and get a pardon for their criminal activity. Good job USA."

Close call! wrote on February 06, 2007 12:22 PM:"It's a good thing that the BP Agent did not hit the fleeing "suspect"; if he had, Jorge Bush would have the Justice Department investagate the Agent."

Chief 21 wrote on February 06, 2007 12:39 PM:"Big Fat kudos to the Boarder Patrol Agents he did their jobs even after what just happened with Campean and Ramos??? Check out grassroots they are still trying to get more signitures to send to the gods in DC. Did any of you watch the segment on America's Most Wanted Sat night?"

Oh Oh wrote on February 06, 2007 12:59 PM:"50 years in prision for the BP Agent and multi million dollar awards to the illegals with guaranteed free citizenship if they will testify in court against the BP."

Gary in Murrieta wrote on February 06, 2007 1:18 PM:"Neither US Border Patrol Agents nor US National Guard troops are allowed to protect the US-Mexico border region. Border Patrol Agents are prosecuted for doing their jobs and National Guard troops are not allowed to use their weapons against Mexican gunmen who cross our border illegally. Many people have and are speculating that it is the trilateral Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP) that has taken precedence and authority over US sovereignty. "

joe wrote on February 06, 2007 1:22 PM:"Very poor Border Patrol tactics if you ask me. Why is it that officers always has to put themselves in harms way? This officer did not have to be between the u-haul truck and the agents vehicle and the officer did not have to shoot. Aren't these officers taught any safety tactics? If you are going to search a vehicle, make sure it's safe to do so first. "

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02 ... ogcomments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast