Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border agent fires on suspicious van, arrest made

Enforcement officials go over a rental truck that had been pursued from the border area to Sabre Springs early Tuesday after the driver allegedly tried to back into a Border Patrol agent.

A tire shredded by spike strips across I-15 during the early morning pursuit.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metr ... rder2.html

Comments On This Story

Cthelight wrote on February 06, 2007 1:25 PM:"Does this mean that 2 more BP are going to go to jail for firing their weapon? I would assume that trying to run a BP agent over with a car is assult with a deadly weapon. Is it considered justifiable to fire a weapon then?"

Robert wrote on February 06, 2007 1:28 PM:"Nothing like thousands of Americans being stuck on the freeway for hours because of Illegal Aliens running rampent. America is waking up, and today's incident just created more National publicity on the problems dealing with Illegal Immigration."

Neese wrote on February 06, 2007 1:32 PM:"There is no need to bring this nonsense into our cities...stop it at the border. "

SOSADFORUS wrote on February 06, 2007 1:33 PM:"I kind of wonder if this is why are government is affraid of enforceing our laws, I think they are affraid of an all out war between Mexican citizens and U.S. citizens, and I think they believe these people, when they say we are not going back!!I also think some people in our government were just as suprised as the rest of us when the marches took place in may, and saw just how gigantic the problem really is! They have become very brazen!! "

In Other News wrote on February 06, 2007 1:35 PM:"ACAPULCO, Mexico - More than a dozen armed assailants staged simultaneous attacks against two police stations in the Pacific resort city of Acapulco on Tuesday, killing at least seven people. "

sign the petition wrote on February 06, 2007 1:51 PM:"Please sign the petition for our Border Patrol agents. We need to be united if we want changes in this country. It is not fair that they are in prison for doing their jobs. "

We need more wrote on February 06, 2007 4:13 PM:"citizens in the minute men, let the Government know we won't take their acts of treason anymore. "

Concerned-1 wrote on February 06, 2007 4:31 PM:"It's a shame so much of our time and resources can be hijacked by alien criminals. I'd suggest billing Mexico, but we're too politically correct to do it."

To Robert : wrote on February 06, 2007 5:23 PM:"Nothing like thousands of Americans being stuck on the freeway for hours because of Illegal Aliens running rampant. >>>>> I think “Illegal Aliens running amok” sounds better. Pretty soon, at the rate we are going, there will be running gun battles in the streets of America."

Ingrid wrote on February 06, 2007 6:09 PM:"I am surprised anyone tried to stop this guy driving the truck. Our borders are a joke. The National Guard runs away, the Border Patrol are not supposed to pursue, the City Cops say it is a federal problem, and the federal government looks the other way."

MVet wrote on February 06, 2007 6:13 PM:"We need to bring our troops home from Iraq, and station them on our Sothern Border."

SPIKE STRIP ON THE 15 wrote on February 06, 2007 6:18 PM:"What kind of idiot cops do we have that they would lay a spike strip across the 15 freeway just before rush hour, and then they have to close down the freeway for hours while they investigate? I am so glad I was going Southbound when I passed this incident. At least we were doing 20 MPH!"

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02 ... 770856.txt

Officer-involved shooting ties up northbound I-15

I need your Help.

It will take at least 40 comments to move this story into the "MOST COMMENTED SECTION"

I keep trying to get in posts about Agent Ramos, but so far no luck.

R/ Skip

Most Commented-On
    Stories This Week

Escondido man forms city's Minutemen Brigade (119)
    Letters to the Editor - 2/1/2007 (73)
    Teen hit, killed during school lunch (64)
    Letters to the Editor - 1/31/2007 (55)
    Letters to the Editor - 2/6/2007 (53)
    Letters to the Editor - 2/5/2007 (50)
    Letters to the Editor - 1/4/2007 (47)
    Letters to the Editor - 2/2/2007 (46)
    A Chargers stadium in Oceanside would mean more than just football (43)
    Orlando reports spending $49K in San Marcos council race (40)

http://www.nctimes.com/opinion/

Officer-involved shooting ties up northbound I-15

Man hit and killed fleeing Border Patrol on busy freeway

By: Associated Press -
    February 9, 2007

ALPINE -- A man was struck and killed as he tried to flee Border Patrol agents by running across a busy freeway, authorities said.

The man, whose name was not released pending notification of relatives, died at the scene after being struck by a sport utility vehicle that was going about 70 mph in the fast lane.

The California Highway Patrol said the man was pulled over by a Border Patrol agent just before 10:30 p.m. on Interstate 8 in a rural area east of San Diego. The highway is the main east-west artery running parallel to the U.S.-Mexico border.

The driver and several passengers got out of the van and ran away as the agent got out of his vehicle, according to CHP Officer Brian Pennings.

The agent chased the driver, who left the shoulder and tried to dart across several lanes of traffic before being struck.

None of the occupants of the SUV was hurt in the accident.

The freeway was shut down for nearly two hours after the fatal crash. The CHP said it is investigating the collision.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02 ... 2_9_07.txt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12