Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

this is the best news i have heard today

HELL YEA

Maybe there's hope, after all, that they will enforce the laws. I didn't think they would do it.

Wow, now that's NEWS! I'm shocked but doing a happy dance here!

Do I feel bad for her son? Yes, but she should have known better.

... Opps double post on this topic, just noticed...

JAK
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You made my weekend! Glad they had the gonads to do the right thing

Interesting the way they did it, with no crowd of admirers or news cameras.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Spanish Media Covering the story heavily

LA OPINION (major hispanic newspaper in L.A.) running hard with top story just now: It actually says "SHE WAS CAPTURED BY I.C.E. AGENTS" (fue capturado)

Immigration Activist Arrested in L.A.
    Aug 19 07:27 PM US/Eastern
    By PETER PRENGAMAN
    Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An illegal immigrant who sought sanctuary in a Chicago church for a year to avoid deportation and separation from her 8-year-old American son was arrested Sunday, the church's pastor said.

Elvira Arellano was arrested before 3 p.m. outside Our Lady Queen of Angels church on L.A.'s historic Olvera Street where she had been speaking to reporters, said the Rev. Walter Coleman, pastor of Adalberto United Methodist Church in Chicago where she sought sanctuary.

Coleman said he was with Arellano when she was detained, but declined to provide other details.

"We're trying to determine her situation right now," he said.

It was unclear what law enforcement agency had taken Arellano into custody.

A call to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was not immediately returned.

The 32-year-old Arellano arrived in Los Angeles on Saturday, leaving her sanctuary for the first time in a year to campaign for immigration reform.

Arellano has become a symbol of the struggles of illegal immigrant parents and a source of controversy. She had said Saturday she was not afraid of being taken into custody by immigration agents.

"From the time I took sanctuary the possibility has existed that they arrest me in the place and time they want," she said in Spanish. "I only have two choices. I either go to my country, Mexico, or stay and keep fighting. I decided to stay and fight."

Arellano came to Washington state illegally in 1997. She was deported to Mexico shortly after, but returned and moved to Illinois in 2000, taking a job cleaning planes at O'Hare International Airport.

She was arrested in 2002 at O'Hare and later convicted of working under a false Social Security number. She was to surrender to authorities last August.

She sought refuge at the storefront church on Chicago's West Side Aug. 15, 2006. She had not left the church property until deciding to be driven to Los Angeles, Coleman said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

"I just wish she would get 2 - 4 years hard labor; deported with the promise of 6 - 8 years hard labor upon her return"

Federal law makes re-entering the U.S. after being deported, a felony. She should get a prison term for that and for evading deportation this past year. Hopefully she will be sentenced and sent to the worst women's prison in the country.

Then she can take her kid and go back where she came from.

Good riddance to bad garbage!!!! She has been shoveling it for the last year, now its her turn.

I'm glad they did it - but they will make a martyr of her now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast