Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Breaking: Romney Supports Legal Status For Illegal Children

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I still will not vote for you or Obama . what about the indian or chinese . & all I hear if I win for President . you are going to do the samething get every illegal immigrants . & ship them home the Chinese also . we have every Country in The USA . yes we have chinese the illegal immigrants also & Indian also . look around .
    why in Pa the name of the Company is kappa Book . BLVD 6-1
    Dustrail Park . Laflin PA why they have every country working at this & only a hand full Of American .
    it sad so don't say the American don't want to work .that all BS

No amnesty Or Dream act

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    I was left speechless after reading your post Judy. Everyone should read it. You deserve some sort of "Post of the Year" award if that exists...

You know what's sad about all this? That because of Romney's refusal to be straight with the American people, he is potentially putting all these good men and women in Congress in danger of losing their respective elections. And millions of dollars continue being poured into this guy's campaign while the people that actually give a damn about fighting for our country get left out to dry. If this guy loses and takes these men and women down with him, the blood of this country will be on his hands.

Not only could Romney not give us a straight answer on Wednesday, but he openly admitted that we as a country should have pursued the ideas put forth by Marco Rubio for dealing with the millions of illegal aliens in this country. Who is he fighting for exactly? The millions of illegal aliens in this country or the millions of unemployed AMERICANS? Because you can't have it both ways.
    Thank you, googler. Spread the word, because it's not over til it's over, and Romney must know and know now that many of us will not support him if he continues pandering to illegal aliens.

No Dream Act, No Amnesty, and it's not negotiable.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    To paint Obama and Romney with the same brush is just wrong, wrong, wrong! Do you actually think folks are buying that? Don't the actual facts mean anything or is your hate for Romney so strong that you're overlooking the details. Romney and Obama have some profound difference on the issue of illegal immigration and border security.

Fact: Romney does not support amnesty for illegal aliens, Obama does.
    Fact: Romney supports a national E-Verify program, Obama does not.
    Fact: Romney supports state enforcement of immigration laws, Obama does not.
    Fact: Romney supports removing the magnetes that draw illegal aliens, Obama does not.
    Fact: Romney does not support a driver's license for illegal aliens.
    Fact: Romney does not support tuition assistance for illegal aliens, Obama does.
    Fact: On securing the border between Mexico and the U.S., Romney wants to add a high-tech fence to the equation. Obama stopped the high-tech border fence that Congress ordered built in 2006 after only 53 miles of the fence was built.
    Fact: Obama unveiled what was basically a mini-Dream Act by granting work permits to young illegal aliens with high school or GED degrees. Romney opposed the policy shift.
    Fact: Romney supports making English the official language of the US, Obama does not. Romney also also supports English immersion over bilingual education.
    Fact: Romney believes that each state has the duty — and the right — to secure their borders and preserve the rule of law, particularly when the federal government has failed to meet its responsibilities. Obama fought the Arizona law all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Shame on me for actually believing there is a difference between Romney and Obama on the illegal immigration issue!

Yes, there is a difference, but ask yourself, what difference does the difference really make if the candidate supports a "permanent solution" to illegal aliens age 30 and under? One of the biggest faults of illegal immigration is chain migration. Once the 30 and under group is legalized, then they just apply for permanent residence status for their parents, grandparents and siblings. The consequences of the Dream Act in effect, legalize everyone associated with that younger group, and is nothing more or less than Amnesty Lite.
    Last edited by Judy; 09-22-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Remember, partisan gridlock beats a bipartisan sell-out every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Mr Romney
    is also looking for the illegaL immigrants vote . He just like obama.

No amnesty or Dream act .

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yes, there is a difference, but ask yourself, what difference does the difference really make if the candidate supports a "permanent solution" to illegal aliens age 30 and under? One of the biggest faults of illegal immigration is chain migration. Once the 30 and under group is legalized, then they just apply for permanent residence status for their parents, grandparents and siblings. The consequences of the Dream Act in effect, legalize everyone associated with that younger group, and is nothing more or less than Amnesty Lite.
    That "permanent solution" could mean a one-way ticket home. Romney has said he will let them know where they stand. The only people Romney has said he would give permanent legal status to is those dreamers who serve in the military. That's it, he's said nothing about legalizing any other illegals. I certainly don't agree with that (free pass for military service) but it's a far cry from what Obama wants and is attempting to accomplish. Furthermore, I think Romney would find it very difficult to get such a desire through the U.S. Congress because the liberals want their cake and eat it too (the full DREAM Act as written by Sen. Durbin) and many Republicans wouldn't support such a measure. Romney has already said repeatedly that he would video the DREAM Act. He has not backed down from that promise.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Romney: I won't "round up" illegal immigrants and deport them
    CBS News‎ - 2 days ago
    CBS News: Romney: I won't "round up" illegal immigrants and deport them - Mitt Romney on Wednesday said at Univision's "Meet the ...
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    That "permanent solution" could mean a one-way ticket home. Romney has said he will let them know where they stand. The only people Romney has said he would give permanent legal status to is those dreamers who serve in the military. That's it, he's said nothing about legalizing any other illegals. I certainly don't agree with that (free pass for military service) but it's a far cry from what Obama wants and is attempting to accomplish. Furthermore, I think Romney would find it very difficult to get such a desire through the U.S. Congress because the liberals want their cake and eat it too (the full DREAM Act as written by Sen. Durbin) and many Republicans wouldn't support such a measure. Romney has already said repeatedly that he would video the DREAM Act. He has not backed down from that promise.
    Romney has said he supports Rubio's proposal though while not legislation yet and may never be, it does the same as Durbin's bill, except they aren't given a path to citizenship and instead are given a "nonimmigrant" visa, whatever that is. Rubio's proposal is for those who graduate high school and are in college same as the Dream Act.

This article doesn't mention military service in Rubio's proposal, and the Dream Act does, but you said Romney supports military service for illegal aliens. So, if Romney supports visas for those who serve in the military, stated to Univision he supports Rubio's bill for illegal aliens who graduated high school and going to college, and has said repeatedly he wants a permanent solution unlike Obama's 2 year visa, there's only 1 rational conclusion from that which is he supports the Dream Act minus a pathway to citizenship.

That is Amnesty Lite, because while denying citizenship, it doesn't solve the welfare issues, 57% of all immigrants, legal and illegal are on welfare. It doesn't solve the birth issues, 41% of all births in the US are funded by Medicaid including births by women who are illegal aliens because their children are considered US citizens making them eligible for benefits, and this birthing age group is primarily the 30 and under crowd given permission to be here under either Durbin's bill or Rubio's proposal or what we have pieced together to be Romney's plan for a "permanent solution". All they have to do is sign up for a class at a community college for a couple of years and they get a visa to stay indefinitely or according to Romney's plan "permanently".

Romney's position doesn't solve anything , it makes it worse.

The (Rubio) broad proposal calls for creating nonimmigrant visas for some children of illegal immigrants who have completed high school and are in college. A primary difference with the Dream Act is that it does not create a special pathway to citizenship, which critics view as amnesty.

But many specifics are unknown. It seems plausible the unnamed proposal would cover students brought to the United States when they were young kids, but what about those who were of legal adult age? Rubio said he's trying to determine if it will cost any money and how long a visa would last.

More significantly, he has to contend with the contentious push and pull of immigration policy. Some say the plan does not go far enough; some say it goes too far and have been trying to undercut Rubio's effort. Numbers USA, a group that says illegal immigrants take jobs from citizens, has been faxing and calling Republican senators to dissuade them.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/politic...etails/1235174

I don't know who the critics of Rubio's plan are that the Tampa Bay article is referring to but to me giving any illegal alien any permission to stay in the US for any length of time to do anything is Amnesty, because that's what it is. Anyone naive enough to believe that once you've given an illegal alien permission to remain in the US legally which means they are no longer an illegal alien, that this isn't permanent isn't being realistic. They are legal immigrants at that point, and we can all count on 1 hand, the number of legal immigrants who have ever been made to leave the US.

Romney also wants to increase legal immigration by making it easier to come here, which I oppose vehemently. We not only need to stop illegal immigration and remove those here illegally, we need to substantially reduce legal immigration, because we don't have the jobs for them to sustain themselves. Every job they take they take from an American. Every seat in college they take they take from an American. We admit 1.3 million people legally every year now, while we have 23 million unemployed Americans and hundreds of thousands of Americans who want to go to college but can't get a seat. The stupidity of this is beyond the pale.

So, someone needs to sit down with Mitt Romney immediately and explain the numbers to him. It's hard to believe that not once in the past 5 years while he's been running for President he hasn't taken the time to do his own research on the matter, like each of us has done, so at this point no one would need to explain it to him, but apparently it's not been important enough to him for him to do so. If he had, he could have gone to a little Univision interview and spoken properly on the issue of immigration.

After all, Hispanic Americans view illegal immigration the same way any US citizen views it, which is our immigration laws must be enforced, illegal immigration must be stopped, which means no Amnesty, No Dream Act, No Jobs, No Benefits, and you deport each one you catch, families intact, no child or parent left behind.

We all know this isn't complicated, it's very simple. Romney should be able to beat our drum to the note and letter, or find something else to do besides sit in the Oval Office for 4 years to hand out "nonimmigrant" visas, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Free School Lunch, Welfare Checks, Jobs in the Military and College Educations to people who aren't even supposed to be in our country to begin with.

For me, this is the year I draw the line. Either you're with me on this issue 100%, or you're against me, because I've analyzed this and my conclusion is 4 more years of partisan gridlock on this issue beats the hell out of a bipartisan sell-out.

Romney has time to change his position on this issue and come forth with a commitment to enforce our laws which means those here illegally must leave and those trying to come here will be prevented from doing so. Period.

I hope he does, and does so soon, because I for one will not cast another ballot vote for someone who wants to legalize even 1 illegal alien still in our country on January 20, 2013.
    Last edited by Judy; 09-22-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Banned
    Some interesting points in Judy's post that I had not thought of before.

But I, like her, can only come up with one possible conclusion based on everything Romney's said last Wednesday.

Romney: "The ideas put forth by Marco Rubio SHOULD have been pursued" (non-immigrant visas for the students)
    Romney: "I promise to put forth a permanent solution for the children who were brought here through no fault of their own"

I don't understand how anyone can read that and come to the conclusion that Romney's permanent plan does not entail giving illegal aliens a free pass. I just don't.

MW
    Sure is a lot of speculation on a plan that never even made it to the legislation stage. Since there never were details or a piece of written legislation it is only speculation to say Romney full supported the plan. Personally, I do think it was wrong of Romney to say he supported a plan that never progressed passed the talking stage. He should have simply said, I'm waiting to see the written legislation before commenting.

Unlike what some of you may believe, I'm not all googoo over Romney, however, I do know enough to see the difference in him and Obama. Obviously NumbersUSA does too because as one poster has already mentioned, NumbersUSA gives Romney a B- on immigration and Obama an F-.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast