Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Breaking: Romney Supports Legal Status For Illegal Children

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Romney Softens Tone at Univision Forum

These kids deserve something better than temporary. They deserve permanent,” Mr. Romney said, a knock on Mr. Obama’s executive order. “The ideas that were being brought forth by Sen. Marco Rubio, those are things that should have been pursued.”

Mr. Rubio’s proposal would have allowed illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children to gain legal status, but not citizenship as som Democrats have advocated.
    Does Romney forget about the millions of young college graduates that are unemployed and the rising cost of tuition. Does he believe that allowing millions of illegal students to work and study will not worsen the situation?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romney Softens Tone at Univision Forum - Washington Wire - WSJ

By Sara Murray
    wsj.com

APMitt Romney participates in a candidates forum with Jorge Ramos and Maria Elena Salinas in Coral Gables, Fla.

CORAL GABLES, Fla.–Mitt Romney appeared to embrace his role as the “grandfather of Obamacare,” while also disavowing President Barack Obama’s health-care law, as the Republican softened his tone on a host of hot-button issues Wednesday evening.

“I have experience in health-care reform,” Mr. Romney said in a candidates forum hosted by Univision, the Spanish-language network. “Now and then the president says I’m the grandfather of Obamacare. I don’t think he meant that as a compliment but I’ll take it.”

“This was during my primary, we thought it might not be helpful,” Mr. Romney added, a nod to the fact that the candidate has been careful for much of his campaign to avoid discussing the health-care law he passed when he was governor of Massachusetts. The Massachusetts law includes an individual mandate similar to the one in the president’s health care law, which conservatives disdain.

As Mr. Romney counted the Massachusetts law a success, he also said he didn’t think a federal health-care takeover was the solution.
    “I’ve actually been able to put in place a system that fit the needs of the people of my state,” he said. “The nature of the American experiment has been letting states build plans and ideas that work for each of them.”

The Romney campaign has endured conservative backlash for touting the Massachusetts law before. When Andrea Saul, a spokeswoman for the Romney campaign, lauded the health-care law in a television interview earlier this year, the right-wing assailed her for doing so.

The Wednesday evening event marked a chance for Mr. Romney to tone down some of the charged rhetoric that has sidetracked his campaign in recent days and may have alienated voters during the GOP primaries.

In the wake of a video that showed Mr. Romney speaking dismissively about nearly half of the population as people who view themselves as “victims” and are dependent on the government, he was careful to cast his campaign as an inclusive enterprise.

“This is a campaign about the 100%,” he said.

Mr. Romney also took a milder tone on immigration issues, an effort to repair his standing with an important Hispanic voting bloc after he championed plans such as “self-deportation” during the Republican primaries.

He has a wide gap to try to make up: Mr. Obama led among registered Latino voters – 68% to 26% – according to a tracking poll by impreMedia and Latino Decisions released Monday.

“We’re not going to round up people around the country and deport them,” Mr. Romney said Wednesday. “I believe people make their own choices as to whether they want to go home and that’s what I mean by self-deportation, people decide if they want to go back to the country of their origin.”
    He also hinted he would be in favor of a Republican version of the Dream Act, offering it as an alternative to the president’s executive order which will allow many young people who were brought to the U.S. illegally to remain here legally.

“These kids deserve something better than temporary. They deserve permanent,” Mr. Romney said, a knock on Mr. Obama’s executive order. “The ideas that were being brought forth by Sen. Marco Rubio, those are things that should have been pursued.”

Mr. Rubio’s proposal would have allowed illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children to gain legal status, but not citizenship as som Democrats have advocated.

The Obama campaign quickly accused Mr. Romney of doing too little to appeal to Hispanic voters. “Tonight, Mitt Romney continued to demonstrate why Hispanic Americans don’t trust him,” said Stephanie Cutter, deputy campaign manager for Mr. Obama’s re-election effort. “Whether it’s raising taxes on the middle class to pay for another millionaire tax cut, repealing Obamacare and leaving as many as 9 million Hispanic Americans without health insurance or doubling down on asking immigrants to self-deport, Mitt Romney is wrong on issues of importance to the Hispanic community.”

Mr. Romney also took a different approach in addressing gay marriage, carefully pointing out the benefits that should be afforded to same-sex couples.

“I would like to have the term marriage continue to be associated with a relationship between one man and one woman,” he said. “That certainly, that certainly doesn’t prevent two people of the same gender living in a loving relationship together having gay domestic partnership if you will. I can see rights such as hospital visitation rights and similar types of things being provided to those individuals.”

source: Romney Softens Tone at Univision Forum - Washington Wire - WSJ
    Last edited by HAPPY2BME; 09-26-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: posted article in correct format

Banned
    Self deportation, really is a 'Permanent Solution'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Illegalssuck View Post
    Self deportation, really is a 'Permanent Solution'
    Exactly. That is the only permanent solution Romney should be aiming for, if nothing else. What good will self deportation do if he has given them all legal status? He wants to deter further illegals from coming over, and give those currently here a free ticket to work and attend school. This guy is no different than Obama.

MW
    Once again, you're wrong, googler. I've already showed you were Romney differs from Obama. Please go back and read my earlier post regarding some of the differences between the two.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Once again, you're wrong, googler. I've already showed you were Romney differs from Obama. Please go back and read my earlier post regarding some of the differences between the two.
    This stuff Romney is talking about a mysterious "final Solution' sucks and really shows a willingness to conceal an agenda.

MW, could you help us by making us a documented bullet point list of what Romney has promised to do on immigration and we will circulate these claims and do our very best to hold him to it.

That way we can try to hold Romney to his promises for illegals to leave and Arizona to be the template for America etc...

And that way, by having his specific enforcement promises broken down into bullet points with links to the sourcing info here at ALIPAC, if Romney strays from his promises we can help our supporters to accurately see where that happens.

If he betrays everyone on his promises, we will have to let our supporters come to that realization gradually since so many people are throwing their FAITH into Romney.

The fact that our illegal immigration fighters do have faith in Romney helps our cause because they will turn out and vote for our Congressional candidates that must be protected at all costs.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mitt strikes again: Romney wonders out loud why airplane windows don't open

New York Daily News - ‎2 hours ago‎

Mitt Romney is taking heat for another comment he made to wealthy donors at a high-priced fundraiser. But this time, the subject was basic science rather than economics.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Mitt strikes again: Romney wonders out loud why airplane windows don't open

New York Daily News - ‎2 hours ago‎

Mitt Romney is taking heat for another comment he made to wealthy donors at a high-priced fundraiser. But this time, the subject was basic science rather than economics.
    Science, how does it work? What about the double taxation claim he made on 60 minutes when he was asked why his effective tax rate was only 15%? I'm starting to wonder if this guy, like Obama, really know anything about what they claim to be experts in. Both of them don't sound very bright.

It should have been obvious this was a "tongue in cheek" joke. Romney has been on more airplanes than most people's luggage. I'm sure he understands why airplane windows don't open. I know he's not perfect - but he beats the alternative. Let's focus on what's important and stop letting the liberal media spoon feed us ridiculous, blown out of proportion accusations... Please.

Ann Romney Explains Mitt's Airplane Remark

Ann Romney said the air scare she had last week happened so fast there wasn't time to panic and recalled the details of the flight diversion, resulting in her plane making an emergency landing in Denver. "I was just watching a movie and I could see out of the corner of my eye there were a lot of hustle and bustle going by me," Ann Romney told Jay Leno on the Tonight Show, "and all of a sudden my movie goes off and I turn around and I look at everybody and I'm like 'oh, there's smoke in the cockpit and there it was.'"

She explained her husband's subsequent comment afterward at a fundraiser when he joked that he didn't know why the windows on the plane don't open.

"It's his way of making light of how worried he is about me," she said. "It's his way of dealing with the panic of knowing how dangerous this was."

Mrs. Romney appeared for the first time on the sofa of the late-night host and also revealed that after she-amid criticism over her husband's campaign last week-said in an interview on Radio Iowa, "stop it. This is hard," that she at first thought she might have gone a little too far.
    "I stepped out of the interview and I was like, 'oh dear, was that a little strong?'" she recalled thinking. She said since though "everyone I've seen has given me high fives."
    Leno asked Mrs. Romney about the videotape of her husband's saying the 47 percent comment made at a closed-door fundraiser. She called the aftermath "frustrating."
    "it's very frustrating thing because you try so hard to get your message out," she said. "You don't like those things to get misinterpreted as to what, why we're running and how strongly I believe and how important it is to what Mitt can bring to this country."
    She added, "we care about the 100 percent."
    Mrs. Romney said that four years ago she made a video tape and on the tape she looked into the camera and said, "Mitt, this is for you, sweetheart. I'm never doing this again."
    She showed her husband the clips and he quipped, "you know, Ann you say that after every pregnancy."

Ann Romney Explains Mitt's Airplane Remark - Yahoo! News
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So, if Mitt is elected, no matter what he says or does,
    we shouldn't comment until his wife has time to spin it for him ?
    Ann Romney Explains Mitt's . . .
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    So, if Mitt is elected, no matter what he says or does,
    we shouldn't comment until his wife has time to spin it for him ?
    Didn't say that. Stop splitting hairs, please. Just saying let's stick to what's important.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast