Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NOW WHEN IS CALIFORNIA GONNA START EXECUTING THEIR SCUMBAGS??? RICHARD RAMIREZ HAS BEEN THERE 20 YEARS NOW. WHY IS THIS PIECE OF SHIT STILL ALIVE??? HE EVEN GOT MARRIED WHILE HE WAS ON DEATH ROW!!!!!!!

HEY CALIFORNIA -- START EXECUTING THE DEATH ROW SCUMS! SAVE YOUR TAXPAYERS MONEY NOW BY ENFORCING THE SENTENCE!!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Just want to add my 2 cents that I have been thinking about since this Medellin piece of crap tried to bail out of his death sentence:

IF I WAS THE WARDEN OF A DEATH ROW PRISON, I WOULD ASK PERMISSION FROM THE VICTIM'S FAMILY TO BLOW UP A PICTURE OF THE VICTIMS -- SMILING, HAPPY PICTURES OF THEM -- AND SCOTCH-TAPE IT IN FRONT OF THE PERP IN THE DEATH CHAMBER. I WANT THIS SCUMBAG'S LAST VISION TO BE THE FACES OF THE INNOCENT LIVES HE TOOK AWAY. I WANT HIM TO SEE THEIR FACES SO HE WILL BE THINKING ABOUT THEM INSTEAD OF HIMSELF AS HE DIES.

I think this would be a good law, don't you think?
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    "An Eye for an Eye" "a Life for Two Innocent girls Lives" he should have been executed many years ago
    yeah one of the six has already been executed, and dang it,. if his name didnt sound like it was an american name and not a hispanic name. hmmmm
    Actually, the American gang member, Derrick O'Brien was executed 2 years ago. Cantu, the ringleader should be next. The two then 17 year olds got life and Medellin's then 14 year old brother got 40 years.

Interestingly enough O'Brien did say he was sorry, that it was the biggest mistake of his life.

Medellin never apologized for killing the girls, instead brags about himself..read his own words at his website:

Jose Medellin
    Texas Death Row

We as human people with a growing
    seed inside for the all knowing, tend
    to pretend that the world begins and
    end at the boundaries we might make
    for it.
    Sometime we must acknowedge
    that it extends itself into our
    lives in a way we might prefer
    it wouldn't. But still we must
    rise and face up to its challenges
    it offers us.
    Hi ! People of the world, the outside world I have not known in so long. My life is in Black & White like the old Western movies. But unlike the movies the good guys don't always finish first. My name is Jose Medellin, I am currently being held on Death Row, in the State that is at the top of the list for Death Row population, 453, executions this year: 26, as of 9/14/99. The State and government that also executes its children, its retarded, its poor. This state is the Lone Star State of Texas !
    I am a Mexican national. I came to Texas as a young boy along with the rest of my family. Not like many that are not proud of their country and want to get away. But just took a chance and opportunity at a brighter future. I am a Mexican through and through !
    Before I go too far off in my Mexican pride. Like I will often do. Let me tell you more about myself, and my life.
    I'm 5'6" inches tall, weigh 165 pounds, dark brown hair and brown eyes. I am 24 years old. I have been on Death Row for 5 years. I dropped out of school in the 9th grade, not because I couldn't handle the work, because if you give me the time of day, you'll see that I've quite intelligent.
    I had a plan, get my GED and go home to join the Mexican military, would have joined here, but I'm a Mexican, not a traitor :- ) I had everything in order, but as I said, the world takes twists and turns when it gets ready to, no matter if you are ready for the move.
    Some of my hobbies are reading, and of course I read military books, fiction, non fiction. I don't limit myself to just that. Because soon as I get fixed on it, the world will turn again. So I've learned to interest myself into other subjects, plus I learned that with the mind, never set limits. Also, books can take you anywhere in the world you want to go, the trouble is finding, and getting that book. Good thing I have loving parents that have stood by me, and when they can they send me books.
    I also like to watch sports, football, baseball which is my favourite. Go Astros ! Basketball is cool also. But as of late women sports are hot, tennis. Go Martina. Basketball, thank you Comets. And also soccer, love that sport bra, well, thats not all, its fun to watch also .
    Now, since I'm part of the new Death Row unit in Livingston, Texas, I'm without TV and never will see it again. No TVs on this unit. They say its a luxury.
    But oh well, as long as I got my radio, but don't get too happy for me yet, I'm without it now and have been since May. I'm not on the right level to have those things. Maybe in December.
    I work out a lot as well. Some to stay in shape and mostly to keep my blood and mind flowing, the inactivity will kill you and drive you insane. Then you would wish you were dead. After they get finished giving you all those drugs.
    There's more details in my life I would like to go into but I'll save that for later. So if you seem interested in me, write to me and we can correspond.
    Now to talk about conversing through the mail with someone you don't know, or have a preconceived notion that you might not get what you think you have coming meaning, myself. Don't set boundaries. Please seek to know me, Jose, not a dead man walking. I don't want sympathy or pity, I'd rather have your anger. Don't feel sorry for me. I'm where I'm at because I made an adolescent choice. Thats it ! Seek to know Jose, stay open that you can be my friend. This is what I need now more than ever. Someone to talk to, someone to share with. If you think you can have an open heart to get to know who I've become not what I was. Then after that I'll be willing to tell you who the boy was that got himself arrested for capital murder. That way you can have a clear understanding of how far I have come.
    I've grown up behind bars and if the state gets its wish I'll die behind a locked steel door (There's no bars in the death chamber.)
    It matters not who responds, male or female, because a man seeks : brotherhood as well. But a female is who I owe my life to. And I want to show that gratitude to my queen mother. Some do wrong and then die thinking them did right. Some do wrong and then understand that it was wrong. Simply that, thats the people I belong to. The crime I am charged with matters not at this time. I'd rather tell my story on a personal note but every now and then I'll add to my webpage. It depends on how I feel. Give me a chance, let me make a move, I'm sure I can become a worthy friend.
    To be honest, I don't think I have had a real friend since I was maybe 5 or 6 years old. At that time you still have trust in everyone. You know ? I also ask that if you contact me, that you should know being close to me will not be easy. I mean for you, I'm open here for you to read me as a book. But some of the things you find out will not be all candy and roses. I'm just keeping it real.
    Being on Death Row tends to make you cold, not because you want to be, but because everyone else is. So you just keep to yourself. Here on this new unit, you are forced to be by yourself, you are locked into an almost sound proofed cell, screaming all you want. No one outside of a few cells down can hear you. Better hope you don't have a serious problem or that the guards are not busy reading their good book because then they'll not see you blinking your lights, or thats the way you tell them that you need something. Things are so different, times are changing they really are.
    I think I should bring this to a close, I've said enough for today. Look forward to reading more from me. Just the start of a new thing for me. I'm just a child when it comes to the internet. Maybe in a months time I'll update. Then every week after.
    Thank you for your time. Once again if you would like to know more on a up close and personal my address is as follows (fluent in Spanish and English.)
    Sincerely seeking a friend

JOSE MEDELLIN # 999134
    Polunsky Unit D.R.
    12002 FM 350 South
    Livingston Texas 77351
    USA

There is a scheme to life, to all of its various happenings
    and events to everything we do within the time alloted
    to us. We can understand that scheme if we let ourselves,
    if we do not become frightened of the knowing
    knowledge is not enough if there is not also acceptance
    of that knowledge then comes wisdom, regardless of age
    anyone can share their knowledge and their wisdom with you,
    but once again only you can learn how to accept it.
    That must come from within us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE WRITE !
    To Whom it may concern,
    My name is Jose E. Medellin, I am 24 years old. I was born March 4, 1975 in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. I stand 5" 7 ft tall and I weigh 165 pounds. I have brown eyes and brown hair and I'm currently living on Texas' death row. I am writing you this letter in hopes to find a penpal and hopefully we can become friends. Some of my hobbies are reading, military history, drawing, writing, and exercising. Thats basically what I can do in here. I spend most of the day in my cell. Well let me tell you a bit more of myself. I was born in Mexico, but at the age of 9 years old I came to live with my parents in Houston. I went to school there till the tenth grade, after that I dropped out of school and went to work for a construction company till I was 18 years old. At that age is when I got arrested and a few months later I was sitting here on death row. I really hope this fact won't discourage you from writing me and getting to know me better. If you are interested in corresponding with me, please write to me at the address below. Sincerely,
    JOSE E MEDELLIN

JOSE MEDELLIN # 999134
    Polunsky Unit D.R.
    12002 FM 350 South
    Livingston Texas
    77351 USA
    http://www.ccadp.org/josemedellin.htm
    Adios scumbag, may you rot in hell. Justice was served!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Mexican-born killer put to death in Texas
    Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:26:34 AM
    By MICHAEL GRACZYK

With the parents of his victims watching a few feet away, a Mexican-born condemned killer apologized before he was executed for his part in a horrific attack on two teenage girls 15 years ago.

"I'm sorry my actions caused you pain," Jose Medellin told the teens' parents late Tuesday. "I hope this brings you the closure that you seek."

Nine minutes later, Medellin was pronounced dead. His execution, the fifth this year in Texas, was delayed for about four hours while the U.S. Supreme Court weighed his appeal.

"It's been a long night," Randy Ertman, whose daughter was killed by Medellin and five other gang members, said after Other Top Headlines Photos

watching the 33-year-old man receive lethal injection.

The appeal to the nation's highest court focused on whether Medellin was denied treaty-guaranteed help from the Mexican consulate when he was arrested.

The court rejected his request for a reprieve, with the majority opinion noting that the Justice Department had not sought the court's intervention.

"Its silence is no surprise," the court said, adding that prosecutors never wavered from their position that Medellin "was not prejudiced by his lack of consular access."

Four justices dissented.

The case attracted attention after the International Court of Justice said Medellin and some 50 other Mexicans on death row around the United States should have new hearings in U.S. courts to determine whether the 1963 Vienna Convention treaty was violated during their arrests.

Texas authorities argued Medellin, who came to the United States when he was 3 and grew up in Houston, never sought Mexican consular protections until four years after he was arrested. By then, he already had been tried for capital murder, convicted and condemned.

Medellin was the first to die among the cases cited by the international court, also known as the World Court.

"It's important to recall this is a case not just about one Mexican national on death row in Texas," one of his lawyers, Sandra Babcock, said after watching him die. "It's also about ordinary Americans who count on the protection of the consulate when they travel abroad to strange lands. It's about the reputation of the United States as a nation that adheres to the rule of law."

President Bush asked states to review the cases, but the U.S. Supreme Court ruled earlier this year neither the president nor the international court could force Texas to wait.

Mexico's Foreign Relations Department said it sent a note of protest to the State Department about Medellin's case.

The statement said officials "were concerned for the precedent that (the execution) may create for the rights of Mexican nationals who may be detained in that country."

In their appeal, Medellin's lawyers warned his execution could endanger Americans abroad if they get into legal trouble and said Congress or the Texas Legislature should be given a chance to pass a law setting up procedures for new hearings before he was executed.

A bill to implement the international court's ruling wasn't introduced in Congress until last month. The Texas Legislature doesn't meet until January.

"State and federal courts -- on three separate Other Top Headlines Photos

occasions -- have already satisfied the World Court's suggestion that American courts examine whether Medellin suffered actual legal harm when authorities did not inform him about certain rights under the Vienna Convention," said Jerry Strickland, a spokesman for the Texas Attorney General's Office. "On all three occasions, state and federal courts concluded that Medellin suffered no legal harm."

Elizabeth Pena, 16, and Jennifer Ertman, 14, both of Houston, were gang raped, beaten and strangled in June 1993. Their remains were found four days later. The brother of one of the gang members, disgusted to learn about his sibling's involvement in the attack, tipped police, leading to the arrests.

Medellin, who was 18 at the time, was one of five to get the death penalty for the girls' deaths.

One companion, Derrick O'Brien, was executed two years ago. Another, Peter Cantu, described as the ringleader of the group, is awaiting execution but a date has not been set.

"Looking forward every day to that," said Adolfo Pena, Elizabeth's father.

Two others, Efrain Perez and Raul Villarreal, had their death sentences commuted to life in prison when the Supreme Court barred executions for those who were 17 at the time of their crimes.

The sixth person convicted, Medellin's brother, Vernancio, was 14 at the time and is serving a 40-year prison term.

At least six other Mexican nationals have been executed in Texas since 1982, when the state resumed carrying out capital punishment.

------

Associated Press writers Ana Ley in Huntsville and Jorge Vargas in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, contributed to this report.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234