Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The British, The BBC and Quasilegals

The British Upper House formerly known as the House of Lords has issued a statement that the current immigration situation in Britain is unsustainable and illegal immigration and legal immigration of people with low skills needs to go down.

I heard this on a BBC radio broadcast while I was having my coffee at a local convenience store. The store belongs to a North African immigrant and hires mostly quasi legals people who have a U.S. residence permit but not a work permit. There was a new hire there, a Nepali foreign student who after he hearing me argue with the shop owner regarding illegal immigration and my saying that I agree with the British suprised me by saying he too sympatized with the British on tightening control (though he does not have a work permit). His position is apparently by the time that he graduates he will qualify as higher skilled.

===========================

The major immigration control organizations use an estimate of thirteen million illegal aliens. I use instead use the twenty million figure I think it includes both the illegals, quasi legals and also their dependents.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If you have legal residence in the United States, you are entitled to work here, it follows. However, having a non-immigrant work visa does not give you legal residence here, it doesn't follow.

It is possible to have legal residence without having a work permit.

The store hires foreign students a category which typically requires a seperate work permit to obtain legal employment off campus. This convenience store owner is not bothering to require the additional document.

Also the spouse of someone who is here working legally is often permitted to temporarily reside but not work here as their dependent. I have known several people who were in this situation and some were working in violation.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gordon Brown says immigration is good for the UK and has rejected suggestions that an annual limit is needed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7324485.stm

Gordon Brown is attempting to maintain elective power against the Conservative Party
    and Liberal Party.

There are naturalized citizens who have brought in illegally resident family members. If the family members were forced out some of his voters would go too.

Also the immigrants who become aturalized often join Labor so of course he is going to take that position.