Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush Announces Top Priorities on U.S. Trade Agenda (05/18/05

http://www.hpj.com/dtnnewstable.cfm?typ ... &sid=14301

OMAHA (DTN) -- Passage of the Central American and Dominican Republic Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA-DR) is one of the top U.S. trade priorities, President Bush says, usinfo.state.gov reported.

In May 17 in remarks at the ceremonial swearing in of U.S. Trade Representative Robert Portman, Bush listed other priorities as completing World Trade Organization (WTO) negotiations and enforcing trade agreements, citing specifically commitments by China.

The president urged Congress to pass CAFTA-DR, which he said would not only make the Western Hemisphere more competitive with Asia but also would strengthen democracy in the region, as well as open additional markets and lower trade barriers in key industries like textiles for U.S. businesses and farmers.

"This would put CAFTA countries and America in a better position to compete with low-cost producers in Asia," he said. Portman said that if the United States rejects the agreement "we are taking away opportunities for our workers, and we are turning our backs on good neighbors who need our help."

On the WTO negotiations, formally called the Doha Development Agenda, the president said an agreement would reduce tariffs in key industry sectors, lower unfair agricultural subsidies and open the global market in services.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

And "open global markets in services".....

Yeah, Georgey Porgey, WE KNOW now what it's all about. We aren't third graders.....and we aren't Third Worlders.....we can read and write this year....and are doing so.....

READ THIS PRES: NO CAFTA!!

N OOOOOOOOOOO W AAAAAAAAAAAY
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The president urged Congress to pass CAFTA-DR, which he said would not only make the Western Hemisphere more competitive with Asia
    And why would we become more competitive?

This would put CAFTA countries and America in a better position to compete with low-cost producers in Asia," he said.
    This is just political-speak for "we're going to lower wages here". I guess the invasion from the south isn't doing that fast enough.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Lets go back to the beginning of policy formation and ask the first question essential to forming American Policy!!

Americans, Listen Up, do any of you have ANY DESIRE to compete with Asia on their level?

If so, then please post your answer here.

For me, I don't give a HOOT about competing with Asia on their level.

Either they can play by OUR RULES on OUR LEVEL, or sell to themselves...they've certainly got plenty of people to sell to.

That Pres is full of it isn't he?? Been working all these years on a CAFTA because he thought mistakenly that Americans wanted to compete with Asia on its level instead of ours....geez....buy 'em books and buy 'em books....and George and Barbara sent that man to YALE!!!

(Maybe he skipped class on the day they were teaching policy formation in a democratic republic form of Government called the USA)!!

Or maybe...this is what you learn at Yale....form policy and tell the people about it afterwards....back home we call that "ass backwards".

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Boys and Girls......we're up against yet another problem concerning China. They're "threatening" to play with the US$. This could put yet another burden on us.

Don't forget that their deal w/Russia reil is being done in the EURO! This is a major development.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2ndamendsis--I heard that over the past week but can not discern (from the non-detail reporting of the MSM) without some major research just exactly what that is going to mean. I'll see what I can find out....I know its BAD, very BAD and we need to understand the specifics.

I'm telling ya....everyone....listen up....the only way to totally win this is to STOP SPENDING $$$.

See my post topic...."All I Want for Christmas.....Is My Country Back" with some ideas and suggestions to squeezing these people trying to sqeeze us. Keep your money in your pocket....to every extent possible.

If we STOP buying that cheap made crap from China....then they won't need to be messing with our Monetary System. KEEP $$$$ in the USA until we figure out WHAT IS THE WORLD IS GOING ON!!!

JUDY
    1. this is nothing new re: China and Russia. Done deal awhile ago.
    Everyone uses US$.........now? It weakens our $$ MUCH MORE.....we could tank.

2. We haven't bought anything from China or ANY OTHER country that's not our ally. Actually, we struggle to purchase US made and have for some years. Folks are just now catching up a bit.
    We're very stubborn about this and do spend more if necessary to keep our word.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good for YOU 2ndamendsis--if more people did that, we would not find ourselves as a nation is this precarious predicament.

I'm comforted now, tho, 'cuz I just heard Bush wants to keep Greenspan on after his term expires in January.

Greenspan thinks "illegal immigration is healthy for the US Economy".

He does his best thinking according to a television interview a few years ago, "taking a bubble bath".

Now, we have a Pres that tucks himself in at 9 pm every night and a Chairman of the Federal Reserve that does his best work in bubbles......

Hmmmmm.....

Oh my God.....No One is Minding the Store....they are all in bed or taking a bath.....

Have you EVER in your life seen men behave this way.....and tell it!!

Oh.....Cavuto on Fox News is talking about Greenspan and his guests are arguing about a Big Bubble coming in the housing market in certain locations....Bloooooowing Bubbles.....Hey, maybe Greenspan came up with that term "bubble" from his bubble baths!!

Lord help us.....GET THESE BEANHEADS OUT OF OUR GOVERNMENT!!

Good for YOU 2ndamendsis--if more people did that, we would not find ourselves as a nation is this precarious predicament.

I'm comforted now, tho, 'cuz I just heard Bush wants to keep Greenspan on after his term expires in January.

Greenspan thinks "illegal immigration is healthy for the US Economy".

He does his best thinking according to a television interview a few years ago, "taking a bubble bath".

Now, we have a Pres that tucks himself in at 9 pm every night and a Chairman of the Federal Reserve that does his best work in bubbles......

Hmmmmm.....

Oh my God.....No One is Minding the Store....they are all in bed or taking a bath.....

Have you EVER in your life seen men behave this way.....and tell it!!

Oh.....Cavuto on Fox News is talking about Greenspan and his guests are arguing about a Big Bubble coming in the housing market in certain locations....Bloooooowing Bubbles.....Hey, maybe Greenspan came up with that term "bubble" from his bubble baths!!

Lord help us.....GET THESE BEANHEADS OUT OF OUR GOVERNMENT!!

These are all lies and scare tactics being used to get the sheeple onboard with CAFTA. They are trying to make our opposition to this travesty a bad thing. They are trying to make it out like we are idiots for rejecting this, like we just aren't smart enough to understand. Yet they are the idiots that are selling us out and insulting our intelligence.

The president urged Congress to pass CAFTA-DR, which he said would not only make the Western Hemisphere more competitive with Asia but also would strengthen democracy in the region, as well as open additional markets and lower trade barriers in key industries like textiles for U.S. businesses and farmers.
    This clown is talking out of his a--. What is he babbling about? We are the most superior country in the whole free world (for now anyway). Why would we want to be competitive on the same level as Asia when Asia is still inferior to us? Shouldn't it be the other way around? What does he mean by lower trade barriers? Does that entail allowing every third world country to be able to dump their crap on our shores at will for free while we have to pay huge tariffs for exporting our goods to them? Just look at NAFTA and look at China. This CAFTA is worse than that. Why would we want a trade agreement that's worse than NAFTA and worse than the one we have with China. What does Jorge mean about strengthening democracy? He can't even strengthen democracy in his own country. When he talks about strengthening democracy does that entail allowing more illegal aliens from Latin America to invade our shores, pushing their way of life down our throats? If that's the type of democracy he wants, he can take that democracy and shove it.

"This would put CAFTA countries and America in a better position to compete with low-cost producers in Asia," he said. Portman said that if the United States rejects the agreement "we are taking away opportunities for our workers, and we are turning our backs on good neighbors who need our help."
    Translation = If you reject this deal we'll have to find another altnerative toward gaining more cheaper labor.

On the WTO negotiations, formally called the Doha Development Agenda, the president said an agreement would reduce tariffs in key industry sectors, lower unfair agricultural subsidies and open the global market in services.
    Translation = One big step closer toward NWO domination of the world's food supply. Think about it. Why the heck would I want their cheap crappy produce that is filled with pesticides, diseases and in some cases fecal matter pushed onto our countries markets. I don't trust anything that comes out of those cesspools. Yeah I really want to chow down on some fruit or veggies that some diseased MS-13 gangbanging scumbag took a dump on.

Yeah I'd like a major tax increase to go with those cheap crappy veggies please.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast