Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Bush Conservatives

While this article does not, in its entirety, relate to Illegal immigration, what does, is a must read into understanding the 'we vs they' mindset of those who's OBL agenda we oppose.

http://strata-sphere.com/blog/index.php/archives/2966

An excerpt:

It seems I and many other conservatives need to just step back and re-assess the political landscape. As I mentioned in the post below on immigration, I do not see the Republican Party offering a very palatable form of conservatism any more. So let me describe what I think is an attractive conservative vision. It begins with supporting and respecting our President and all his accomplishments. And since I and many others still have unflinching support and admiration for the man, I decided to steal some from the commenters here and dub this conservative view “Bush Conservatives”.

Bush Conservatives not only believe in Reagan’s 11th commandment to not speak ill of fellow conservatives - we live it. From the Gang of 14, to Harriet Miers, to Dubai Ports World and to the immigration issue - there has been a brand of Republican which eschewed the 11th commandment. So let the Republicans be defined by that group - Bush Conservatives will be defined by their antithesis. Bush conservatives are not afraid of the word ‘compromise’. They despise the word ‘failure’. If there is a good idea, we do not care what party gets credit - we care that the good ideas get enacted. It is not Party uber America anymore......."

......Bush Conservatives respect the immigrant worker in the sense we understand people need to make a life (not just a living). We do not want the broken current system to stay hostage to the “Fence Only” crowd. The illegal immigrant worker will pay a penalty in back taxes and lost time towards citizenship. That level of penalty is sufficient for the crime of missing paperwork. We respect those who are trying to do nothing more than raise a family. The Republicans can now have the mantle of harshness towards otherwise good people. They can focus on their vision of the few bad apples representing the entire immigrant population. They can ignore the more realistic, broader images that include aliens fighting for our country - the other immigrant worker. The only people who get my support will embrace Bush’s comprehensive vision of workers who are registered, background checked, working in the open economy, and who must avoid criminal activities if they stay here. They will not become citizens immediately, and in fact will not be able to apply any time here as illegal aliens towards citizenship. They will become our neighbors working by our side, raising their children with ours. And like the good neighbors we are, we will reach out and help them assimiliate to our society. The Reps can be the party of rounding up aliens for deportation. They are apparently clinging to that image with a death grip anyway."

Well, you Bushites can all go down the crapper with the man who has a 30% approval rating. The "Bush Conservatives" are totally what is wrong with the party and don't have enough sense to comprehend that fact.

Exactly gofer. They still have yet to realize what the problem is. Consider this these so called "Bush conservatives" align themsleves with Ted Kennedy on one of if not the most important issue of our time. You think they might go hmmmmm.

I don't see anyway out of this for the Republican Party. Which has nothing to do with conservatives nor the outcome of this illegal immigration debate/debacle. Americans will decide this not parties and not our traitorous representatives.

Besides they wouldn't know a conservative if one bit them in the ass. What exactly are they conserving?

are not afraid of the word ‘compromise’
    I'll bet you aren't. You will compromise yourself away until you find yourself so far left of center you won't know what hit you!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

They will become our neighbors working by our side, raising their children with ours. And like the good neighbors we are, we will reach out and help them assimiliate to our society
    Ya right. You can tell they haven't been out much or live next door to many.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lipstick on the pig again!

Undocumented migrants

Bush conservatives

Neither exist in the real world.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One Comment:

There is a quite a debate going on there. Don't read too much or you will become ill. These people are Bush Loyalists who believe in Guest Worker and amnesty. They also are ignorant about illegal immigration and in denial. All ideology filled with "warm and fuzzy" feelings.....all, apparently from gated communities, where the real world doesn't exist.

This guy just quit the group.....

You know, this isn’t really that hard to understand.

Take my wife and I as an example.

My wife is a graduate of the United States Military Academy. I am an ex Apache Helicopter Instructor Pilot of many years of fine service and loyalty to this country.

My wife was born in this country. Her parents were born in this country. Her grandparents were born in this country. Her great-grandparents were born in this country.

Unfortunately, my wife works for a multi-national corporation and she does a lot of travel to unsavory countries that are popular for outsourcing American jobs. So even though she and I are loyal ex-Army patriots with 20+ years between us, she is still subject to extra scrutiny at the airports, just because of the countries she flies in and out of.

But, hey!!! We don’t want to offend anyone and put a fence on the border.

And that makes sense to you???????????????

It doesn’t make any sense to me. And I will bet you a dollar that it doesn’t make any sense to a lot of other people either.

Give my West Point graduate wife extra attention at the airport, but leave our borders wide open.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight……..

Killer plan that is.

I hate to say it, but we deserved to lose that election. We should count our blessings that our losses weren’t greater.

Apache IP
    And another.....

I live in So. California and have worked here for thirty years. Over that time, I have known multiple dozens of people who were either here illegally or who are children of those who came illegally. They live in subdivisions where housing can cost up to $500-$600-$700,000. Their jobs pay in the ranges of $40,000 up to over 6 figures. Many are small business owners who employ many others, both legal and illegal. They pay taxes, they support charities, they coach Little League and become Girl Scout and Boy Scout leaders.

This idea of illegals remaining 2nd class citizens is racist and bigoted. It presumes that after years of being in this country they have not bettered their circumstance in any way. It is a point of view mired in ignorance. A fence will do nothing to advance a solution to a large problem. A comprehensive multi-part solution must be undertaken. Each part important, including very tough enforcement to limit the flow, but no part is more important.
    This guy obviously has never been to an area other than the one he describes. The "sheltered" who know nothing bad about "illegals."

Bush Conservatives not only believe in Reagan’s 11th commandment to not speak ill of fellow conservatives - we live it.

The response I'd like to post is precisely what dropped me in hot water when I first came here last year. So let me just bite my tongue and say dream on. I wonder if you have any idea of how many billions of dollars congress has taken from what rightfully belongs to our children. Let me tell you how it works since you obviously don't know much. Congress unapologetically takes tax revenue, gives it to illegal aliens so they can work for pennies to pad the profits of big business. How do they give it to them you ask? For starters, free medical care, free education, free transportation, free roads and bridges, free law enforcement, free incarceration, free military defense and often free food and shelter.

All paid by the American taxpayer. And do they have any surplus? Of course they do! They have about $70 billion left over 'cuz we're so generous. And do you think for a minute they return it to whom it rightfully belongs, our children? Not a chance. They send it to their children at home in Mexico. Yeah, they're good neighbors alright. That's why they make up about eight percent of the general population but more than 30 percent of the federal prison population (none for immigration violations). Nobody wants to know what proportion of state prisons is comprised of illegal aliens 'cuz that's not politically correct. Good grief.
    '58 Airedale