Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    I realize that many believe this is just another underhanded ploy by the government to do something to us, but I have to say that I agree with the positive tone of Chris' article.

Why this change of heart by Bush is anyone's guess, but I'm not going to sit here and over-analyze it. This is a big part of what we have been fighting for and it is a sucess of huge proportions which the importance of is not going to be lost upon the IAs, their advocates, or the Mexican government especially.

Up until now they were able to claim the silence of our President on the issue as a win for their side, permission to continue trampling American citizens and the laws of this country in their quest to take over. And finally he's spoken out to the contrary which will, without a doubt, lead to snowball effect as Chris pointed out. If life was becoming more difficult for IAs before, it is going to become moreso even more quickly now.

The "whys" really don't matter....we have won a big victory and need to use that momentum to continue pushing forward.
    Excellent points azwreath! Especially your analysis on the continued 'silence' of our President and the assumed victory that has been in the minds and actions of the pro-illegal invader groups.

The ability to 'silence' their opposition has been a frequently used tactic these people have relied upon for a very long time! They have created an atmosphere in which anyone who is critical of illegal invaders is condemned as a racist.

If nothing more, this sends a clear message to illegals and their supporters that they are not welcomed...

Thank you NoBueno.

You also bring up a very good point in pointing out how the pro-illegals have silenced opposition by deeming them racist.

It should be very interesting to see what happens next. This is what Bush had to say in his Exec. Order:

It is the policy of the executive branch to enforce fully the immigration laws of the United States, including the detection and removal of illegal aliens and the imposition of legal sanctions against employers that hire illegal aliens," the executive order says

Are we going to hear La Raza and the others calling the President a racist and other names, accusing him of demonizing and dehumanizing "immigrants" because he refered to them as illegal aliens? Is he going to be accused of using code words and hate speech, are they going to demand that he be silenced, that the media stop reporting on this? Why wouldn't they.....after all, it's what they've done to everyone else.

Same with the Hispanic Congressional Caucus. Are they going to also attack the President over this?

All of them...La Raza, the HCC and others have already been exposed as Anti American working in the interests of a foreign power, are they now going to confirm it by speaking out against the President and exposing him to the same vicious, rhetoric they have used in trying to handle the rest of us?

And what of Calderon? He has been very blatant about his country's attack on our sovereignty, very forthcoming in his meddling, the fact that, as far as he's concerned, Mexicans have every right to be here living and working as they so choose. Very brazen in his attacks on enforcement of our laws. What is he going to have say about all of this?

That this has presented a very sensitive political and diplomatic dliemna for La Raza, etc., those in government who have backed them up 100%, and Mexico, is a gross understatement.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's about time!!!!

If Bush had been doing his job all along, we would not be having the immigration problems we are right now.

The Arizona Chamber of Commerce, which opposes the Legal Arizona Workers Act, said it welcomed the president's order as a means to a national policy.
    Make me fall out of my chair!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    azwreath wrote:

Why this change of heart by Bush is anyone's guess, but I'm not going to sit here and over-analyze it. This is a big part of what we have been fighting for and it is a sucess of huge proportions which the importance of is not going to be lost upon the IAs, their advocates, or the Mexican government especially.
    Well said, azwreath.

Thank you MW. I appreciate that.

HEY EVERYONE!!!!

Don't get too excited about this. This excitement is exactly what the Bush Administration wanted to elicit it us. They're hoping it works as a sedative so immigration can continue as a "back-burner" topic. In essence, they're trying to placate us so we'll go back to sleep.

Remember, there isn't ANY evidence or historical precedence indicating that such E-Verify measures will actually be enforced. The mandate is potentially as weak as every other current law we have that goes unenforced.

The only way this directive will work is if it's enforced and penalties are levied accordingly. Are any of you counting on that actually happening? Based on the number of employer prosecutions during the Bush years, I don't think we should be celebrating just yet.

And why did Bush wait so long to do this? Could it be because he's hoping to shackle the next president with the responsibility of using it? After all, by the time it gains traction Bush will be long gone. Follow the logic:
    -He implements the directive
    -Obama takes the presidency
    -The Dems are now forced to enforce E-Verify or risk the Repubs using it against them in the next election cycle.

Or conversely,
    -McCain takes the presidency
    -The directive forces him to follow a more conservative direction (than he would otherwise) or risk further alienating his base.

Am I the only one that sees this ploy?

Now don't get me wrong. If Bush is going to play parlor, partisan, B.S. positioning games this is at least a positive one. But that's how I see it. It's nothing more than the illusion of enforcement to manipulate the next president with conservative directives while positioning for the next election cycle.

Here is Mark Krikorian's take on this:

-------
    National Review Online
    the corner
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008

About Time [Mark Krikorian]

The president has finally ordered that enrollment in the E-Verify system, which screens new hires for legal status, will be a condition of doing business with the federal government. Interestingly, the president didn't issue a new Executive Order, but instead amended one from 1996, one that originally barred from federal contracts any business fined for the knowing employment of illegals. (We wrote about the original 10 years ago, here.) It was a political stunt at the height of the prior wave of immigration legislating in Congress to make it look like Clinton gave a rat's patootie about illegal immigration; one way you knew it was based on politics was that Mike McCurry said "there's no grounds to suggest that this is an executive order based on politics." Also, nothing was done to implement the order.

But this time the rule has gone through OMB and seems to be the real thing. This is the kind of thing that, once implemented, will be hard for the McCain/Obama administration to undo, and so would appear to represent real progress. And maybe I'm just trying to make lemonade out of lemons, but it may actually be better right now than a congressional mandate for all employers to enroll in E-Verify — this way, more and more of the economy is nudged in the right direction (more than 10 percent of new hires nationwide are already checked), without too much pushback from the Chamber of Commerce-La Raza-ACLU Axis of Open Borders. This is similar to the way anti-discrimination began the process of becoming a labor standard — not through legislation, but through Executive Order 8802, which barred anyone receiving a war contract from discriminating based on race, creed, etc.

06/10 07:54 AM

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... Q0NzhiMmE=

Thanks for the post, Populist!

Yup, Krikorian and I agree all right. What Krikorian fails to mention is that Bush conveniently timed it so HIS presidential tenure wouldn't be shackled by it, but rather whomever took office after him.

Otherwise our theories are quite similar

the Chamber of Commerce-La Raza-ACLU Axis of Open Borders

"As the administration requires more employers and workers to move into E-Verify, it should at the same time ensure that the system does not impinge upon U.S. citizens' fundamental right to earn a living," said Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-San Jose), head of the House subcommittee on immigration.

How is the E-verify system going to "impinge upon U.S. citizen's fundamental right to earn a living"?

The E-verify system is meant to weed out illegal immigtants from using stolen id's and taking jobs from Americans. And it has been proven that it works.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, right now I'll take what I can get!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The E-verify system is meant to weed out illegal immigtants from using stolen id's and taking jobs from Americans. And it has been proven that it works.
    From what I am hearing and from a spokesman for Pilgrim's E-verify DOES NOT detect stolen ID's. Again, from what I am hearing, it only says the SS# is a valid one. So they could be using another citizens SS#, and it won't catch them.

If that is the case, this is nothing - less than nothing.[/b]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast