Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

From what I hear on Lou Dobbs, there will be a 60 day comment time before it goes in effect, which only leaves four months left in Bush's term.

Like Lou says, something is up, but I am not sure what.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    From what I hear on Lou Dobbs, there will be a 60 day comment time before it goes in effect, which only leaves four months left in Bush's term.

Like Lou says, something is up, but I am not sure what.
    Too little too late. I wonder what the 60-day 'comment' time is for.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm thinking what is up is that this is something to lull us into thinking they are doing something when they are not.

If it doesn't catch stolen SS#, then it is almost useless.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Well I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, right now I'll take what I can get!

You know what SOSAD....you are absolutely right!!!

I have not really participated in too much discussion about this because, quite frankly, I get irritated by the tone of some of it.

Why?

Because, while I fully respect the opinions of others and acknowledge the need to be cautious, even suspicious, I find all of the naysaying, looking for the proverbial "trap doors" and "tricks", as implying that all of our hard work and effort has meant nothing.

I mean, how long have we all sat here completely stunned as IAs, La Raza, LULAC, etc. and even the Mexican government, have run amok over our sovereignty, laws, and everything else with nothing...NOTHING!...coming from our President to signal that this is not going to be tolerated?

How long and hard have all us fought to get something....ANYTHING.....from the White House? OUR government?

Well now we've achieved some measure of success, the President himself has spoken and granted, it may not be much but it is something. And it's enough that it has put IAs, their advocates, and the Mexican government on notice. Enough that they are no longer laughing, believing that they are in full control of the US because even our President seemed, in their minds, powerless to stop them. We've all seen and heard the arrogance enough to realize what a tremendous blow to their egos and agenda this has got to be.

We should be glad of that, use the momentum, strike while the iron is hot. Instead I see too many people coming forward with the implication that we haven't REALLY been heard, that we haven't REALLY accomplished anything, that this is somehow a false victory, another trick and because of that we're just spinning our wheels and getting nowhere.

Well, how does anyone know that? What would have happened, if, for instance, during the Revolutionary War, our side was continually told after every victory, not to buy it, it was merely a "trick" by the other side to make us think we were winning? I know what would've happened....everyone would've given up and gone the hell home because why waste their time. We'd be an extension of England still under British rule, for Pete's sake.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not going to sit here believing that I've....WE'VE......wasted our time.

Who really cares why Bush has acted now? He HAS acted, the other side of this issue has taken a huge hit, and we've gotten a big part of what we've been waiting for and demanding. Does that mean we can let our guard down for a minute? Of course not, but let's give ourselves some credit here that we're finally getting through and making a difference. If we don't start doing that, everyone is going to get disgusted, give up, and then where will we be?

So I'm with you SOSAD and definitely not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm sorry - didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade -

When you know this administration doesn't want anything done, why be so willing to think anything it does is going to actually help?

If we haven't learned by now to be suspicious of this government, especially this administration on this subject ---

Sorry if I upset anyone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123