Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush pardons turkeys but not Ramos & Compeon!!!

Idiot Bush pardons turkeys for Thanksgiving, mocks and jokes for the cameras but STILL REFUSES TO PARDON RAMOS AND COMPEON!!! Are you outraged???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bush pardons Thanksgiving turkeys; Disneyland is next

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Bush spared two turkeys from becoming Thanksgiving dinner. Instead, the birds are going to Disneyland.

Bush gives the traditional "pardon" Tuesday to a Thanksgiving turkey — which is now headed for Disneyland.
    Gerald Herbert, AP

Thousands of people voted on the White House website to name the national turkey "Marshmallow" and an alternate called "Yam." At a ceremony Tuesday, Bush peered into Marshmallow's eyes, stroked its white fluffy feathers and patted its red head. (Related site: White House Thanksgiving)

In years past, turkeys spared in presidential ceremonies were sent to live at a local farm.

"Marshmallow and Yam were a little skeptical about going to a place called Frying Pan Park," Bush said to giggling students from Clarksville Elementary School in Clarksville, Md. (Related video: Bush pardon)

This year, the turkeys, raised by James and Vicki Trites of Henning, Minn., will be honorary grand marshals at Disneyland's Thanksgiving Day Parade. "I know Marshmallow and Yam are going to feel pretty good strutting around sunny California, remembering the cold days of Minnesota," Bush said.

The turkey ceremony, which usually is held in the Rose Garden, was moved inside to the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. Vice President Dick Cheney looked on as Bush talked of giving thanks for the generosity extended to the victims of the Gulf Coast hurricanes and for U.S. troops serving abroad.

"We think of our military families who will have an empty seat at the table this Thanksgiving," he said.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, which in the past has been critical because presidential turkeys have been sent to a working farm rather than an animal sanctuary, praised the decision to send them to Disneyland.

"I don't suppose we could have asked for better than Disneyland and southern California," said Bruce Friedrich of PETA. "They'll have mental and physical stimulation as well as proper care and a nice climate."

Such turkeys require additional care if they're going to be kept alive long in captivity, Friedrich said.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... rkey_x.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    ya I just watched it

Are You Outraged? If so please visit this link:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-91231-.html

Even if you called yesterday, please call again!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What a NOOB!
    "

Professional courtesy.

Banned
    The one i just watch called the Birds
    may and flower

My message to President Bush left with the staffer answering the White House comment line:

I find it appaling that President Bush would pardon Thanksgiving turkeys as he laughs and jokes for the cameras while he leaves two American heroes languishing in prison.
    I DEMAND that he pardon Ramos and Compeon immediately!

Please join in and call to express support for the agents and demand that Bush pardon them immediately!
    White House comment line:
    202-456-1111

JAK
    If EVER a man needed to be sent to PRISON... this pRESIDENT DOES!!!!!!!
    ......and many of our senators and reps too!!!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

JAK
    I just called the White House and left a message for this pResident !!

I find it offensive that he jokes about pardoning Thanksgiving turkeys while he allowes two border patrol agents to sit in prison who were UNJUSTLY put there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also asked her to tell them that "I" believed in him once, but now I THINK HE IS A TOTAL DISGRACE TO OUR COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Going back to the picture.......Which one was the turkey????
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast