Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Bush tells Hill to 'do its duty' on immigration bill

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060 ... -3221r.htm

Bush tells Hill to 'do its duty' on immigration bill
    By Stephen Dinan
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    Published August 4, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MISSION, Texas -- President Bush squarely countered his legislative critics on immigration yesterday, telling the Congress to "do its duty" by passing a bill that includes a guest-worker program and a path to citizenship for illegal aliens.

"I understand this border," Mr. Bush said, standing just yards from the U.S.-Mexico border at Anzalduas County Park.

He proclaimed success on his pledge to dispatch 6,000 National Guard troops to the border states by Tuesday to help the U.S. Border Patrol and said it is making a dent in illegal entry. But he also said that enforcement alone isn't enough to stem the flow and that a program for future temporary workers is needed.

Although not breaking much new ground, Mr. Bush's speech signals that he is not backing down amid harsh criticism from House Republicans over his immigration policy.

"I expect the United States Congress to do its duty and pass comprehensive immigration reform," he said.

Mr. Bush made no mention of proposals to delay a guest-worker and legalization program until after the borders are secure -- a "trigger" approach that has gained favor among many of his key Senate allies on the issue.

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat and a major backer of a guest-worker program and path to citizenship, said that Mr. Bush is right to call for a broad bill but that he must get personally involved.

"We have a long and rocky road ahead to pass this plan through Congress and get it to the president's desk," Mr. Kennedy said. "To get there, I believe that President Bush must call congressional leaders to meet in September to hammer out the final plan."

In the meantime, Mr. Bush and Congress have been working piece-by-piece on enforcement.

On Wednesday, the Senate approved nearly $2 billion to fund 370 miles of fence and hundreds of miles of vehicle barriers on the U.S.-Mexico border. But another amendment to fund hundreds more Border Patrol agents, detention beds and other enforcement measures Congress already authorized failed on a parliamentary maneuver.

Sen. John Cornyn, Texas Republican and sponsor of the second amendment, said that the fence was a good step but that Congress has to do more.

"We need to keep all of our commitments and address the deep public skepticism on immigration enforcement by funding other critical border security initiatives that have been authorized," he said.

The top two Republican leaders in the House said in recent days that they are committed to an enforcement-first bill. They have scheduled nearly two dozen hearings nationwide this month to highlight problems with the Senate bill that Mr. Bush has praised.

But White House spokesman Tony Snow said Congress is leaning toward Mr. Bush's position.

"Republicans in the House and Senate, I think, are working toward something that fits the president's description of comprehensive reform," Mr. Snow said.

After his speech yesterday, Mr. Bush traveled to his ranch in Crawford, Texas, where he will spend the next 10 days. This weekend, he will meet with the national security adviser and with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

He also plans to make some trips from Texas to campaign for Republican candidates running in November's election.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mr. President, you're one to talk. How about you do YOUR duty and secure our borders, enforce our laws and represent the AMERICAN people for a change. We will not accept your amnesty plans.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

"I expect the United States Congress to do its duty and pass comprehensive immigration reform," he said.
    Mr. Traitor President, I expect you to do your duty described in the oath you swore the day you took office. What a hypocrit.

But White House spokesman Tony Snow said Congress is leaning toward Mr. Bush's position.
    Is this guy for real? Obviously he believes in false propaganda (A famous Bush tactic) He needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Mr. Traitor President, I expect you to do your duty described in the oath you swore the day you took office. What a hypocrit.

Is this guy for real? Obviously he believes in false propaganda (A famous Bush tactic) He needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

MW
    Mr. President, you're one to talk. How about you do YOUR duty and secure our borders, enforce our laws and represent the AMERICAN people for a change. We will not accept your amnesty plans.
    Yeah, what WavTek said!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat and a major backer of a guest-worker program and path to citizenship, said that Mr. Bush is right to call for a broad bill but that he must get personally involved.
    So, remind me again.

What party is Bush a member of?
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

"I understand this border," Mr. Bush said, standing just yards from the U.S.-Mexico border at Anzalduas County Park.
    Yeah, right! Then get serious about enforcement there. Presidente Jorge could do that immediately. Many of us know he isn't serious about protecting the border. Many of those guards aren't even on the border. How I wish we had a president who worked for we citizens. Even if he gets a bill won't he add his little changes as he's been known to do? We can't get rid of this man soon enough, he's dangerous.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What can we do to our President is refusing to do his duty to secure our borders and see that our immigration laws are enforced?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Kennedy's
    "We have a long and rocky road ahead to pass this plan through Congress and get it to the president's desk," Mr. Kennedy said. "To get there, I believe that President Bush must call congressional leaders to meet in September to hammer out the final plan."
    Why doesn't Teddy Bear just say, "We have a long rocky road ahead to get Congress to agree with the president and GO AGAINST THE WILL OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE."

And I agree.......the Presidebt saying "Congress has a duty"........LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ..........................
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

President Bush squarely countered his legislative critics on immigration yesterday, telling the Congress to "do its duty" by passing a bill that includes a guest-worker program and a path to citizenship for illegal aliens.
    Since when is Congress obligated to do the will of the president, an a treasonous one at that? Excuse me Demon Bush, but please show me in the constitution where it says that Congress is obligated to grant illegal aliens anything, let alone guest worker amnesty. Speaking of doing one's duty, yeah your the one to talk. When are you going to do your duty and protect our country and close our borders you gutless coward? Talk about pot calling the kettle black. Bush is nothing, but a selfish, self centered, self serving, hypocritical, elities prick, just like I said yesterday. He is so arrogant that he thinks everyone just merely exist to do his will. Your right Bush, congress should do their duty. They should do their duty and impeach your tyrannical, dictatorial a$$.

You understand the border alright. Yet you do nothing, but hold the American people hostage until you get what you want. You have the understanding of a 2yr old. If your so understanding then why don't you close the border and start enforcing the laws on the books and stop making these outrageous demands for guest worker amnesty?

He proclaimed success on his pledge to dispatch 6,000 National Guard troops to the border states by Tuesday to help the U.S. Border Patrol and said it is making a dent in illegal entry. But he also said that enforcement alone isn't enough to stem the flow and that a program for future temporary workers is needed.
    Temporary? Just like those temporary refugees who keep getting their TPS renewed every year for the last 15 years? Nothing is temporary about them, they'll work for like 3 years and then Bush or some other schmuck will hand them all citizenship. Of course Bush never mentions one word on how he plans to help provide jobs for the millions of unemployed American citizens and legal immigrants. I guess they don't mean anything to him.

Just like someone else said, who's party is Bush a member of again? If Ted Kennedy likes what Bush is doing, that should be a dead give away that this plan just sucks. Yeah we need to give illegals amnesty like we needed to enact No Child Left Behind. Another one of Ted Kennedys ideas that he probably thought of when he was face down in the toilet during one of his drunken stupors.

You keep thinking that Baghdad Bob.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast