Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    President Bush will make a return visit to the Arizona border Monday to outline his plans for immigration reform and border security.
    sorry, pres. Won't work! It's a doomed plan with kyle and flake along for the ride. CON JOB'S OVER. What dimwit hatched this stupid idea?

YOU SCREWED YOURSELVES - too late
    Ditto. It is an absolute joke that Bush is going down there. Like he gives a rats ass.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

April
    Dixie wrote:

He's trying to stack the deck in his favor. This is not about national security, this is about his crazy touch back-path to citizenship.
    I think he is just plain crazy if he thinks we are going to continue to let him pull his BS. If he was not crazy he would realize he has already crossed the line and WE ARE AS MAD AS HELL and we are NOT going to take it anymore!

Bush to push immigration reform on Yuma visit

By ARTHUR H. ROTSTEIN/Associated Press

Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:16 PM PDT

TUCSON - Eleven months after visiting Yuma to announce Operation Jump Start - National Guard troops assisting the Border Patrol to help secure the border - President Bush returns Monday to assess progress and push for comprehensive immigration reform.

Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano, who urged deployment of National Guard troops along the Mexican border to help stem the flood of illegal immigration that has beset Arizona for years, was invited and will be accompanying the president. Bush ordered 6,000 Guard troops to assist with a variety of tasks for up to two years while the Border Patrol hires another 6,000 agents to reach a force of 18,000.

‘‘He wants to see Operation Jump Start, which is a National Guard mission, and how it's going,'' the governor said.

But her fellow Democrats representing Arizona's counties bordering Mexico, Reps. Gabrielle Giffords and Rep. Raul Grijalva, will not be present despite White House invitations to join Bush. Their spokesmen cited prior commitments.

Both Giffords and Grijalva are co-sponsors of immigration reform legislation offered last month by Reps. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., and Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill.

Grijalva's press secretary, Natalie Luna, said Grijalva, whose district includes the Yuma area, hopes Bush's visit will highlight the need for comprehensive immigration reform.

Napolitano said Thursday she hopes to be able to discuss such legislation with the president.

Last week, the White House floated a draft of legislation considered more conservative than a bill the Senate approved last year, which Bush supported.

Napolitano said she thinks a number of issues will come up on the president's visit, including efforts to provide funding for the Bureau of Land Management to clear out invasive salt cedar stands along the Colorado River that provide hiding places and campgrounds for illegal immigrants.

‘‘I think it will be an assessment of where we are on the border, in light of the Guard having been there 10 months or so,'' she said.

Napolitano also said there likely would be discussion of some specific issues related to the Border Patrol's Yuma and Tucson sectors.

Arizona Republican Party state chairman Randy Pullen said Bush should get the credit for lower cross border activity in the Yuma Sector.

‘‘Its a tremendous honor any time President Bush comes to Arizona, but even more so when he comes to Arizona to talk about border security.''

The president has said he wants to see reform legislation passed this year.

What he will see along the border on both sides of the San Luis port of entry, some 25 miles south of Yuma, is a lot of construction. National Guard troops are working to complete several miles of 15-foot tall primary fencing made of surplus steel landing mat on the Mexican border.

North of it they have built an all-weather road, along the middle of which they are installing a 20-foot-tall, see-through steel mesh fence.

Border Patrol agents will be to patrol along both sides. Stadium lighting and sophisticated cameras on tall towers also are being installed - all designed to deter illegal immigrant crossings.

A third layer of chain link fencing topped with barbed wire on top runs for a little more than two miles west of the port of entry up to the Colorado River. Then going north along the river, numerous Guard observation teams are situated about a quarter-mile to half-mile apart, watching for border crossers to report to the Border Patrol.

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/articles ... state3.txt
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    Guess he is going to call the Minute Men vigilantes again...and to lay the welcome mat out for illegals
    I think we will hear all the old cliches that we've heard all along. He never comes up with anything new.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

It is the same old show, different time different place, I would not believe one word out of his mouth. I just hope there are some citizens out there to show some out rage!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

From what I hear when Bush goes anywhere the areas he is to visit are cleared big time. Afterall, don't want to burst that bubble he's living in.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"jean"]From what I hear when Bush goes anywhere the areas he is to visit are cleared big time. Afterall, don't want to burst that bubble he's living in.
    Isn't that the truth, I'm sure he is only surounded with by friends no foes allowed!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Wonder why Johnnie McCain may not show? Has the message penetrated his thick skull and he's backing off support for 'touch back'--seems kind of funny he wouldn't be there and Kyl would be.

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    From what I hear when Bush goes anywhere the areas he is to visit are cleared big time. Afterall, don't want to burst that bubble he's living in.
    To be fair, that's what they've been doing for every pres.
    At least from Klinton but I do believe it began after Reagan was shot.
    Definitely got more intense after 9/11.
    Klintons were the masters at this set up.

Anyhoooo, it's not just for bush that this is done. We do need to be fair or our opinions and information will be less effective.

FYI: it's also done for "some" in Congress but my guess is that they simply don't want any objectors in the photo op vacinities.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    To be fair, that's what they've been doing for every pres.
    At least from Klinton but I do believe it began after Reagan was shot.
    Definitely got more intense after 9/11.
    Klintons were the masters at this set up.

Anyhoooo, it's not just for bush that this is done. We do need to be fair or our opinions and information will be less effective.

FYI: it's also done for "some" in Congress but my guess is that they simply don't want any objectors in the photo op vacinities.
    I see what you're saying about protecting their image, etc and being fair. Yes, they all have to do it partly due to security.

My reference to Bush being in a bubble is more a generality because I believe that's his world, in his own bubble.

Someone here once posted a great pic of Bush within a bubble too. Should have saved that one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast