Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush will address the nation Monday about illegals

Bush to address nation on immigration Monday

Friday, May 12, 2006; Posted: 11:07 a.m. EDT (15:07 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush plans to address the nation Monday night on the immigration debate, trying to build momentum for legislation that could provide millions of illegal immigrants a chance to become American citizens.

The White House said it was seeking time from television networks for the president's remarks at 8 p.m. EST. Bush is to speak from the Oval Office and his address is expected to run less than 20 minutes.

"This is crunch time," Tony Snow, the new White House press secretary said Friday at his first off-camera, or informal, briefing.

On Thursday, Senate leaders reached a deal to revive a broad immigration bill that had appeared doomed just several weeks ago.

Key to the agreement is who will be negotiating a compromise with the House, which last December passed an enforcement-only bill that would subject the estimated 11 million to 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States to felony charges as well as deportation.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tennessee, said the Senate will send 14 Republicans and 12 Democrats to negotiate with the House, with seven of the Republicans and five Democrats coming from the Judiciary Committee. The remaining seven Republicans will be chosen by Frist and remaining seven Democrats chosen by Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada. (Full story)

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/12/ ... index.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And all of your poll numbers will fall, fall, fall. Your magic has been broken.

Please do. Please stick your face and name out in front of the public on this.

Looking forward to it Bush. You have no idea what is going on in the minds of American citizens. There will be more of a backlash against this speech.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree. He dropped two more points today just for saying he wants them to pass an amnesty bill by Memorial Day. Jeepers! What can that man be thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I agree. He dropped two more points today just for saying he wants them to pass an amnesty bill by Memorial Day. Jeepers! What can that man be thinking?
    He's only thinking of himself and those holding his feet to the fire to compromise the American public despite overwhelming polls that say those of us who will have to live with this DON'T WANT IT!

As Jan Herron said in conclusion in an article I posted this a.m., never have we had a president whose IQ is the same as his poll numbers. She also said the White House porch light is on but no one is home.

My response to Bush......."Don't waste your breath!"

I've heard all the spew before! You will say the same 'ol crap over and over hoping we will change our minds. WE WON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bush Administration doesn't give a rat's ass what we US Citizens want. They don't represent us. They represent Industry. Our Protections- from Environmental protections to Regulatory protections to the Constitutional protections all have been dismantled in favor of the Corporations that they represent. My God! When our troops have to shower in the sewage water that a contract from our Vice President's Corporation provides, how can anyone believe that the Bush administration gives one peso about anyone other than themselves?!

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him stand up and declare every illegal in this country today a citizen and the border erased at this point. I've seen too much of the news stations while I'm getting my stuff done today around the house!

Just my opinion, but...

ever heard the term "snow job"? That's why Tony Snow. He can do a good snow job on the American people to fool the American people. At least that's what traitor Bush and fellow traitors and Tony "Snow Job" Snow hope.

Never happen. Even if we were all corpses.

Bush

This man knows no boundries! What is he thinking??? Most of Americans want these illegals deported! Is he TRYING to start a civil war???

Snow is supposed to be the be all end all for Bush's falling numbers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast