Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA: Candidates Talk About Plans for Illegal Immigration

Candidates Talk About Plans for Illegal Immigration
    Reported by: Tom Tucker

Created: 5:46 pm
    Last Update: 7:56 pm

Immigration a hot topic in Thursday night's debate between the 2 candidates running for the 45 district congressional seat.

Both candidates agree it's a pressing issue...but they differ on their solutions.

We reviewed the debate to pick out the specifics mentioned by Mary Bono Mack and Steve Pougnet to deal with the issue of illegal immigration.

The immigration issue now a hot topic, thanks to the controversial anti-immigration law in Arizona.

While talking about it, Republican incumbent Bono Mack used a term some consider non politically correct, "illegal aliens".

She supports what she calls a "non-amnesty robust guest worker program".

"I believe the Secretaries of Labor and Commerce should come together to determine which sectors of the economy would most benefit from a guest worker program, that is what i believe in," said Bono Mack.

She also supports the use of the E-verify system, which is now legally required in other states, including Arizona.

Its an internet based system run by the government to keep track of eligible workers.

Rancho Mirage voter Hernan Hernandez reacted to Bono Mack's plans.

"If they can keep track of the workers, that’s good," said Hernandez.

Using the term "undocumenteds", Pougnet favors a more liberal approach to the immigration issue.

"I want to secure our borders and enforce laws, create development opportunities between the 2 countries, and a pathway to citizenship," said Pougnet.

He also calls for background checks and medical checks for immigrants.

Rancho Mirage voter Laurie Cowall reacted to Pougnet's plan.

"I agree with that, there is no way you can send those millions of people back," said Cowall.

Both candidates support fining companies which hire illegal immigrants.

www.kpsplocal2.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WE already have about 20 guest worker programs. How many more do we have to have. I do agree with the medical checks for immigrants entering into the US to live. I think we should go back to the idea that you have to have a sponsor or a job to stay here.

"I believe the Secretaries of Labor and Commerce should come together to determine which sectors of the economy would most benefit from a guest worker program, that is what i believe in," said Bono Mack.
    I do not trust the Secretary of Labor to be even be capable of giving an unbiased assessment of which sectors would most benefit from a guest worker program, especially since she's an open borders, la raza supporter! This is just another way to get even more people into this country who will never leave!

We have enough guest worker programs in this country that are currently being exploited by commerce and all those who wish to come to this country. We don't need any more!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)