You notice, in this e-mail, that here in Ca, they would rather cut support the the elderly and the disabled rather than cut support for ALL the millions of illegals that are here in this state. What a crock. It affects my mom and my son.

California's cash problems are affecting each and every one of us. Teachers are being laid off. Programs to support the elderly and disabled are being cut. Taxes and fees are being raised. And over two million Californians' tax refunds were delayed because of the state's dysfunctional budget process.

Despite all of these cost-saving measures, the state is still mired in debt, and the budget remains a mess. The federal government is sending billions to the state in hopes of stimulating the economy and slowing the flow of red ink.

But where is all of this money going?

We have invited State Controller John Chiang to talk with us on Thursday, April 23, at 2:50 pm PST about California's cash crunch, ensuring transparency in state spending, and what you can do help avert a similar crisis in the future.

We have a limited number of lines available, so please click here to reserve your spot on the call today.

While the governor and state legislature decide how to spend the state's money, State Controller Chiang is responsible for managing California's dwindling cash flow and meeting California's financial obligations. He is in a unique position to help us make sense of the recent cash crisis and to give us insight into what we can do to ensure that our tax dollars are spent in an open and transparent way.

So please join us Thursday at 2:50 p.m. for this special conversation with John Chiang. Space is limited, so click here to reserve your place on the call.

I am looking forward to joining you and California's Controller on Thursday. Thanks for all you do!

Sincerely,

Kathay Feng
and the rest of the team at California Common Cause

P.S. Hosting special statewide calls can be quite expensive. Can you help us cover the cost of this call with John Chiang with a contribution of $10, $25