Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
Ahhh I see what the problem is. I am looking at this as a former immigrant and I don't see it the way a non-immigrant would. Let me explain.

Every single former immigrant KNOWS he/she has the right to vote in ALL US elections. When we receive those citizenship papers, we are told of every unalienable right we have just earned. Voting is ONE of them. THIS is what we hold dear - the right to vote. The classes and swearing in ceremony also reiterate these facts. So unless a former immigrant lacks the most minimum intelligence, this mailer would not have scared them.

Sanchez, well aware of this, is fear-mongering. Once you have attained US citizenship, you are no longer considered an immigrant.
Thanks for that insight! I admit that I did not know the exact nature of such an experience, since I have not gone through it myself. But your personal insight makes this case all the more outrageous!

It would seem the only people who could have possibly been suppressed/scared, or intimidated, were the very people the mailer was intended to put on notice. ILLEGAL INVADERS! This mailer would have been dismissed by anyone else.

I bet your right in the fact that Loretta Sanchez was also well aware of this distinction. Hopefully, at the end of the day, common sense will prevail and this indictment will be dismissed. But, i'm afraid the damage has already been done, in that Loretta Sanchez was able to use the court system to help her defeat a political rival.

Bob Dornan made the same allegations ten years ago when he was running against Loretta Sanchez. He also believed that illegal invaders were voting in this district. Of course, nobody would listen to him! They still are not listening!