Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

CA- Guatemalan family divided after deportation

Guatemalan family divided after deportation
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 | 10:04 AM

MARIN COUNTY, CA (KGO) -- Members of a Guatemalan family living in Marin County are now separated by thousands of miles after immigration officials deported the parents of three children overnight.

Friends and supporters accompanied Salvador Mejia-Perez and his wife Elida to San Francisco International Airport Wednesday night.

The couple boarded a flight to Guatemala with their American born four-year-old daughter.
    They are leaving their teenage son and daughter behind in Marin County. Immigration officials raided the couple's home by mistake in 2007, found they had no documents and began the deportation process.
    An immigration judge had previously ruled the family could stay, but that decision was appealed by the Homeland Security and reversed.
    "We worked hard and pay taxes are hoping to stay, but now that is not possible. My family is divided now," said deported mother Elida Perez.
    "Our government should not be doing this. They are hard workers and deserve to be here. They were living the American dream, now they're living the American nightmare," said the family's attorney Marc Van Der Hout.
    Unless there is a change in their legal status, the deported couple cannot return to the United States for at least the next ten years.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio ... le-7102464
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They should have taken the teenagers with them, as if they are legal citizens, they have a lot to contribute to Guatemalan society. And who is going to take care of these two, the gangs?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    They should have taken the teenagers with them, as if they are legal citizens, they have a lot to contribute to Guatemalan society. And who is going to take care of these two, the gangs?
    The only reason I see that the parents abandon them here is to continue receiving taxpayer $$$$.

"We worked hard and pay taxes are hoping to stay, but now that is not possible. My family is divided now," said deported mother Elida Perez.
    You chose to divide your family, not our problem. Work hard in your own country to better your life.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

We worked hard and pay taxes are hoping to stay, but now that is not possible. My family is divided now," said deported mother Elida Perez.
    You caused this lady. Crime doesnt pay. Your family didnt have to be divided. You could have taken your teens with you.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am sick and tired of hearing these kind of sob stories. It is oh so wrong when immigration deports them but is okay when the man leaves the wife and kids back home, comes and works here illegally and sends money back home. If you are told tom leave you must go same with visas if its expired then go back. What part of that don't they understand?

It goes back to what I said before. If the parents come here illegally they have the choice of taking their anchor-babies home with them or putting them up for adoption.

I would guess that, leaving the teenagers behind, they will be staying with family members. My guess is that they, themselves, were the anchor-babies.

Fair enough. Let the family (or friends) provide for them or the parents can take them home to their own country with them when deported.

The parents who come here illegally put their children at emotional risk. The American government did not.

There are law and those laws need to be upheld.

I'm curious to know how, being here illegally and all, the parents supposedly "paid taxes"? Under whose identity and social security number? It certainly wasn't theirs.
    An American of Irish descent - NOT an "Irish-American".
    He is my son. He currently serves for us in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    You chose to divide your family, not our problem. Work hard in your own country to better your life.
    I agree, don't blame us, blame yourself!!

This anchor baby BS has got to stop! I have no sympathy at all for these people. They created the problem, broke the law and now they are suffering the consequences.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

ELE

Child Abuse

People that come here illegally and have anchor babies are guilty of child abuse. I am sorry for the children but feel more sympathy for the American people that get stuck flitting the bill for all the illegals and anchors.

Take your kids with you so that the family may remain together. Many families face poverty, problems, etc., and they stay together as a family. The anchor babies left in the United States will sponsor their family members, and the illegal aliens will keep coming.

No more birthright citizenship would put some brakes on this sob story continuing with illegal aliens to a great extent. It would help to stop the family reunification claims.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast